CBS Announces Fall 2010 TV Show Premiere Dates

The MentalistCBS has officially announced their start dates for the Fall 2011-11 season. The new and returning shows kick off on Wednesday, September 15th.

Here’s the official press release from the network…

CBS ANNOUNCES 2010-2011 PREMIERE DATES
Network to Roll Out Nearly All of its New and Returning Series During Official Premiere Week
CBS Officially Opens the Season on Sept. 20 with its Monday Comedy Block and New “Hawaii Five-0″
CBS Launches its New Thursday Comedy Block of “The Big Bang Theory” and “$#*! My Dad Says” on Sept. 23
“NCIS: Los Angeles” Returns with a Two-Hour Premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 21

“The Amazing Race” Leaves the Starting Gate with a 90-Minute Premiere on Sunday, Sept. 26
“Survivor: Nicaragua” Opens in its New Wednesday Time Period on Sept. 15
Emmy Award-Nominated “The Good Wife” Returns for its Sophomore Season on Tuesday, Sept. 28
“CSI: Miami,” in its New Sunday Time Period, Premieres Oct. 3

CBS announced today that most of its new and returning series will premiere during the week of Sept. 20, the official start of the 2010-2011 season. The exceptions are SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA, which launches a week earlier, and THE GOOD WIFE and CSI: MIAMI, which both debut a week later.

CBS will get an early start on the season with the premiere of SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA, the 21st edition of the hit reality series, which launches in its new time period on Wednesday, Sept. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

CBS’s new season rollout officially begins on Monday, Sept. 20 with the season six debut of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT), followed by the fifth season premiere of RULES OF ENGAGEMENT (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT), the eighth season premiere of television’s #1 comedy, TWO AND A HALF MEN (9:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT), the series premiere of MIKE & MOLLY (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the series debut of HAWAII FIVE-0 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

NCIS, television’s #1 drama, returns for its eighth season on Tuesday, Sept. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by the two-hour second season premiere of NCIS: LOS ANGELES (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), last season’s #1 new scripted series.

On Wednesday, Sept. 22, CRIMINAL MINDS (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) returns for its sixth season followed by the series debut of THE DEFENDERS (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

On Thursday, Sept. 23, CBS opens its new one-hour comedy block on television’s biggest night with the fourth season premiere of THE BIG BANG THEORY (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) -the fastest-growing series on television and the #1 scripted program in adults 18-49 – heading into the irreverent new comedy, $#*! MY DAD SAYS (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT). CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION returns for its 11th season (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by the third season premiere of THE MENTALIST (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

The Network’s new Friday lineup premieres Sept. 24 with MEDIUM’s second season on CBS (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by a new two-hour block of New York-based crime dramas featuring the seventh season premiere of CSI: NY in its new (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) time period and the series debut of the new police drama BLUE BLOODS (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

48 HOURS MYSTERY, Saturday’s most-watched program, returns on Sept. 25 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

Premiering on Sunday, Sept. 26 is the 43rd season of 60 MINUTES, television’s longest- running and highest-rated newsmagazine (7:30-8:30 PM, ET/PT, time approximate following late-running football), followed by a 90-minute premiere of the multi-Emmy Award-winning THE AMAZING RACE (8:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the Emmy Award-nominated UNDERCOVER BOSS, last season’s #1 new program (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

The Emmy Award-nominated THE GOOD WIFE returns for its sophomore season on Tuesday, Sept. 28 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

On Sunday, Oct. 3, CSI: MIAMI makes its ninth season premiere in its new time period (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

CBS’s 2010-2011 Premiere Dates

Wednesday, Sept. 15
8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA (21st Edition Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 20
8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (6th Season Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM RULES OF ENGAGEMENT (5th Season Premiere)
9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN (8th Season Premiere)
9:30-10:00 PM MIKE & MOLLY (Series Debut)
10:00-11:00 PM HAWAII FIVE-0 (Series Debut)

Tuesday, Sept. 21
8:00-9:00 PM NCIS (8th Season Premiere)
9:00-11:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES (2nd Season Premiere)

Wednesday, Sept. 22
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS (6th Season Premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM THE DEFENDERS (Series Debut)

Thursday, Sept. 23
8:00-8:30 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY (4th Season Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM $#*! MY DAD SAYS (Series Debut)
9:00-10:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (11th Season Premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM THE MENTALIST (3rd Season Premiere)

Friday, Sept. 24
8:00-9:00 PM MEDIUM (2nd Season Premiere on CBS)
9:00-10:00 PM CSI: NY (7th Season Premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM BLUE BLOODS (Series Debut)

Saturday, Sept. 25
8:00-9:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS MYSTERY (Season Premiere)

Sunday, Sept. 26
7:30-8:30 PM 60 MINUTES (43rd Season Premiere)
8:30-10:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE (17th Edition Premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM UNDERCOVER BOSS (2nd Season Premiere)

Tuesday, Sept. 28
10:00-11:00 PM THE GOOD WIFE (2nd Season Premiere)

Sunday, Oct. 3
8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE (Time Period Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM UNDERCOVER BOSS (Time Period Premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI (9th Season Premiere)

What do you think? Are there any shows that you’re really looking forward to seeing? Returning or new series?

Anonymous June 13, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I would loved to see “The Witches of Eastwick” and “Lipstick Jungle” return. (2008 But then again, all the good shows seem to go away.

ROSE MARCHIANO January 25, 2011 at 11:59 pm

KEEP ON NCIS AND NCIS LOS ANGELES AND CRIMINAL MIND BONES AND ALL CSI SHOWS ROSE

jackie October 28, 2010 at 8:01 pm

i want them to put back on the tv cold case back on again < against meduim <
law and order boring < < big times < and keep hawaii 5o on the tv < since james mac arthur dies < and org danno ,,.,. going to be miss by me as his fan of hawaii 5o\
6o mintues boring < and sharon o talk show boring < and oprah is better then sharon <
aloha i been to hawaii one time in my life time <

Jess October 25, 2010 at 3:44 am

I am looking forward to NCIS and Criminal Minds. Both is awesome, they better not be cancelled!!

Lew October 22, 2010 at 5:21 am

What’s up with CSI Miami, one week it came on an hour after it was supposed to. Numb3rs was showing on the guide but CSI Miami was on.

The following week it came on maybe 20 minutes after the hour so anyone who DVR’d the programs got screwed. Wouldn’t be so bad if I had been home to watch, but I had to DVR it and missed it because of there screw up.

Lew

Krisii Geist October 21, 2010 at 5:58 pm

VERY Disapointed that Ghost Whisperer was cancelled. One of the very few programs I actually watched. A real “feel good” show.
I’m tired of all the reality tv!!!

Christy October 10, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Have got to say… CBS has the strongest fall line-up! All my favs! Never miss NCIS, CSI: Miami, The Good Wife, CSI, Blue Bloods, plus the Monday sitcom line-up is fantastic too. All a bunch of winners!!!

shana johnson October 1, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I really liked ghost whisperer! never really cared for medium, so i’m disappointed that gw was cancelled while allowing medium to stay.

Susan Maureen Brandt September 20, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I can’t help liking the Mentalist even though something strange has happened. I was in the middle of a research project on Julius Caesar and when I sat down at night to watch tv, there was the same story, same details on the Mentalist! At first I thought I was going nuts, but now I have had months to go over all the info and they’re definitely telling a story about Julius Caesar and his kids.

I have posted a few articles trying to explain the connections and background, probably too much for most people to grasp because it took me a year to get used to the idea, but not so crazy when you think that Bruno Heller was only two seasons into a planned five years of ROME when it was cancelled. I am basically convinced that he shifted his blueprints onto a crime show. Which would be fine, except that the stuff he is telling about them is shocking. And it has HUGE implications. I can’t believe a charming and intelligent tv show could end up being an awful reminder of the worst the world has to offer.

Anyway, as a way to start making the world a better place, I’m taking a big risk and predicting the entire third season. Think of it as the Olympics of spoilers. If I’m right, and if people follow along and see how they use symbolism, maybe there will be an outrage or something and we can get this theme out of tv shows and movies for good, because it is everywhere! I seriously thought I was going crazy at first, but now I’ve learned that it is a 2000-year-old tradition, and many tv shows and movies must have producers and writers from the same families keeping the tradition alive.

Feel free to copy and post any of the articles or information from my blog. The more people who are aware of it before the season starts, the more of an impact it could make.

Thanks,
Susan Maureen Brandt

mom2jwn September 16, 2010 at 8:57 am

Remaking the old shows is a waste. I definitley will not e watching Hawaii 5-0 or Defenders. No use starting to watch them now, only to have them cancelled later on in the season or next season.
Looking forward to return drama shows such as Criminal Minds, CSUI Vegas & NY, as well as Medium & Mentalist. Also some of the return comedies I’m looking forward to as well, such as Two & 1/2 Men, Big Bang, & Rules of Engagement. And of course Reality in Survivor & Amazing Race. It will be so nice to have something to watch on TV again.

Elaine September 5, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I enjoy the good wife.

myles August 31, 2010 at 5:58 am

its not cancelled!!! it’s right there on the schedule lol. first show on friday…. and btw I FREAKING LOVE MEDIUM!!!!

jamison August 18, 2010 at 10:48 pm

I MISS Medium! What the world is going on?? Why they had cancel all these shows!

mom2jwn September 16, 2010 at 9:02 am