CBS Renews 14 TV Shows for 2013-14 Season

CBS TV showsThe eye network has handed down 14 early renewals for the 2013-14 season; 2 Broke Girls, 60 Minutes, The Amazing Race, Blue Bloods, Elementary, The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-0, The Mentalist, Mike & Molly, NCIS: Los Angeles, Person of Interest, Survivor, Undercover Boss, and 48 Hours.

Previously announced renewals are CSI, NCIS, The Big Bang Theory, and How I Met Your Mother.

These are early renewals so there’s still plenty of time for other CBS shows to be renewed. Criminal Minds will almost certainly be renewed and word is that a deal is being worked out for Two and a Half Men to return for season 11. Though many haven’t warmed up to Ashton Kutcher, the sitcom is still CBS’ second-highest rated show.

Rules of Engagement and CSI: NY are looking unlikely to return. Golden Boy and Vegas are still up in the air but, at this point, neither look good.

You can see a complete list of recent/current/upcoming CBS shows here.

What do you think? Which CBS shows are you happy to hear are returning? Which do you wish would go away? Do you have your fingers crossed for those whose fate is still undecided?

Canceled and renewed TV show

39 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Darcy Kuhlengel says

Keep CSI NY..best show on tv. Get rid of reality shows. We need good dramas like Blue Bloods and CSI NY Great casts and interesting storylines. Let Mac have his love story have a good ending…….

2. Mary says

Please keep CSI NY on the air. I look forward to watching it. I love the cast and the shows are very interesting, It is a great show. I only watch CSI NY and Blubloods and they are both my favorites. I do not like the survivor shows. I believe a lot more out there love it also. Pease Keep it on the air.

3. bob says

i didn’t like vegas the first show. so i tried the next an now i can’t wait for the next week to get here to watch it. great show leave it alone

4. Lynn says

I really like Golden Boy. It would be a shame to drop it. Thevbestvis Blue Bloods! Criminal Minds must stay. The cast is excellent except for the new lady.

5. yasu says

Please update a criminal mind absolutely.
    The member of Hotchner, Morgan,Reid , JJ, Rossi, and Garcia is required.
    Furthermore, Emily further needs to update.

6. randy bernard says

Keep Golden Boy. Everyone I know that watches it loves it. Mabye it should be moved to Friday at 9 , with a lead in to Blue Bloods??

7. Bethany says

If CSI NY goes off the air, then that just frees up my viewing even more for Friday nights. I have never missed an episode, and feel like the show is getting better and better even after all these years. When they took CSI Miami off the air, I have not tuned into a single replacement show, and have no immediate plans to ever change that habit. I Love Rules of Engagement, but this show has been bounced around the schedule so much I personally believe that people don’t want to bother tuning in, because it is not likely to be there if and when they do. Not to mention the strange season lengths and constant “cancelations”. Like CBS actually wants people to tune in to their network and show any amount of loyalty, right. They don’t show us loyalty, so why should we ever consider returning the favor?

8. says

Please renew CSI New York!!!!
    If this show will be cancelled, it will be a big mistake considering that some other shows don’t have such a popularity outside of the sates (and by this I mean, in Europe).

9. Thnunumber6 says

We’ve heard the same thing about CSI:NY ever since the show was moved to Friday nights. Let’s hope they are wrong once again. I love the show, the characters, and I think Gary Sinese, aside from being a great humanitarian for the things he does for the guys (and gals) in the military, is one hell of a great actor.

10. Sharpe says

I wish CSI: NY would continue. The last few shows were quite improved and added new characters. I wish Golden Boy would stay but move to precede Blue Bloods on Friday night.

11. Edwina Bankston says

So glad to see Unforgettable back. Please reconsider CSI: NY. Love Gary Senise. Personally do not watch any any other network for shows.