CBS Renews 18 TV Shows for the 2014-15 Season

CBS TV showCBS isn’t waiting for the May upfronts to announce most of their renewals. The network has decided to renew 2 Broke Girls, 48 Hours, 60 Minutes, The Amazing Race, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Elementary, The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-0, The Millers, Mike & Molly, Mom, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Person of Interest, Two and a Half Men, and Undercover Boss. The Big Bang Theory was renewed for three seasons earlier this week.

The fates of The Crazy Ones, Hostages, Intelligence, and The Mentalist are still up in the air. Their absence from the renewals list certainly isn’t a good sign. You can see a full list of recent/current/upcoming CBS shows here.

CBS ANNOUNCES RENEWALS FOR 18 PRIMETIME SHOWS FOR NEXT SEASON

Combined With Two Previously Announced Renewals, Network Has Now Picked Up 20 Returning Series for 2014-2015

Returning Series Will Include the #1 Drama, #1 Comedy, #1 New Comedy and #1 News Program

CBS, America’s most-watched network, today announced pick-ups for 18 series for next season. Combined with its previously announced pick-ups, CBS has now renewed 20 returning series for the 2014-2015 season, encompassing 17 hours of primetime programming.

“The best way to launch new shows in the fall and throughout the season is to surround them with a strong and stable lineup of successful series,” said Nina Tassler, Chairman of CBS Entertainment. “The shows we’re picking up today cut across every night of the week and feature genre leaders, time-period winners and the most-watched shows on broadcast television.”

The 18 series renewed today comprise 15.5 hours of CBS’s weekly primetime schedule and include nine dramas, five comedies, two reality series and two news programs.

The nine dramas picked up are: NCIS, television’s #1 drama/scripted program for the fifth consecutive year; NCIS: LOS ANGELES, the #2 drama for the fourth straight year; time-period winners Person Of Interest, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods; as well as Criminal Minds, Elementary and the acclaimed drama The Good Wife.

The renewed comedies are 2 Broke Girls, THE MILLERS, which is the #1 freshman comedy of the 2013-2014 season, MIKE & MOLLY, MOM and the long-running hit Two and a Half Men.

In alternative programming, the Network announced pick-ups for its Emmy Award-winning reality series The Amazing Race and Undercover Boss.

Finally, in news, CBS will return 60 Minutes, television’s #1 news program for more than four decades, and 48 HOURS, Saturday’s #1 non-sports program.

In addition to these 18 series, CBS yesterday announced a three-year broadcast deal for The Big Bang Theory. Previously, the Network announced two more editions of the reality series SURVIVOR for next season.

Season-to-date, CBS is television’s #1 network in viewers for the 11th time in 12 years, averaging 10.84 million viewers.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear these shows have been renewed? Which do you watch?

sixxkiller September 22, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Come on I think it is time to axe SURVIVOR
This show sucks get a better show on like Intelligence I am so tired of this show
We need to get rid of Survivor like many seasons ago.
Why is it you cancel shows that I like and keep a lot of these game shows that should have been canceled a long time ago.
So let’s replace Survivor with Intelligence or with some other action show

Janet R. Ulrich September 22, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I would like to see 2 Broke Girls and Mom and Mike and Molly come back this season! If I couldn’t laugh, life would be horrible…these shows are really funny and I need for them to come back! Thank you

Muffet September 13, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Elementary is my new FAVORITE show, Thank You for renewing it!! I have the TV save it for me, so that I can watch it again and again. Very well written and the Actors are Great!!

Yvonne September 10, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I hope they renew the Mentalist, one of my favorites; along with NCIS LA, Criminal Minds, Person of Interest, The Good Wife, Hawaii 50. I do not care for any of the comedy programs, a bunch of nonsense.

GAIL RIGGINS August 27, 2014 at 2:45 am

THESE ARE THE CBS SHOWS I LIKE ALL CSI SHOWS, THE GOOD WIFE, PERSON OF INTEREST, BLUE BLOODS,60 MIN. . I DONT CARE FOR COMEDY, THEY ARE WRITTEN SO BAD NON INTERESTING DULL. ANY REALITY SHOW MAKES ME WANT OT PUK. MAYBE THE HISTORY CHANEL WITH THE AMERICAN PICKERS. WHERE IT IS INFORMORMITIVE AND THE OWNERS ARE INTERESTING. BUT ALL THAT BACHLORET AND SOMEBODIES HOUSEWIFES AND SOME STUPID RACE . IS A JOKE BOREING.IT WOULD REALLY BE FANTASTIC IF TV GOT BACK TO RAISEING THE BA ON INTELIGENT SHOWS LIKE WEST WING . YOUR CSI SHOWS ARE INTERESTING . THEY GIVE INORMATION AND TELL A GOOD STORY MOST OF THE TIME. BRING BACK CSI N.Y. GRAY S. IS THE BEST HIGH QUALITY ACTOR LIKE WILLIAM PETERSON. THE WRITHING FOR WEST WING AND THE FANTASTIC ACTORS ARE THE GOLD STANDARD YOU NEED TO REACH FOR. SORRY I’M NOT THE BEST TYPEST OR SPELLER. MAYBE THE NEW MADAM SECUTARY ILL HAVE GOOD WRITING I THINK YOU AVE HOSE SOME GOD ACTORS. THE BLACK LIST AND UNFORGETABLE WILL TAKE SOME OF YOUR VIEWERS. THE ACTING IN BLCK LIST IS GREAT AS I’M SURE YOU KNOW. CHCAGO FIRE AND P.D. IS GEAT ALSO GREAT LOOKING AND ACTNG ACTORS AND THE STORY ARETHE KIND YOU CANTWAIT TO SEE WHATSNEXT . THE ONLY REAL TV SOWH THAT OUT RANKS YOU ALL IN EVERY CATAGORY IS DOWNON ABBY . JUST LOOK AND LISEN TO THE VIEWERS . EVERYONE IS WAITHING WITH BATED BREATH . ALSO CHANNEL 13 DOES’NT CHOP UP THE STORY SO MANY TIMES YOU LOST WHAT THE STORY IS ABOUT LIKE ALL THE REST OF THE NETWORKS WITH AD’SYOU KNOW HOW THEY DO THERE NETWORK MIGHT BE A REAL IDEA. SELL MEMBERSHIPS . DO A SHOW SKING PEOPLE HOW MUCH TEY HAT AD,S AND HOW MUH THEY WOULDLIK TO WATC A SHOW WITHOUT AD,S. WOW WHAT A CONCEPT.

Lisa August 12, 2014 at 8:40 pm

I love Ncis, Ncis Los Angeles, and Criminal Minds great shows

Curt Simpson July 25, 2014 at 12:31 am

Keeping Broke Girls and dumping Rules of Engagement last year was DUMB!!!
A blond straight woman and a female “Henny Youngman” with big boobs. Lame!!!

Linda June 22, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I think Criminal Minds is the best TV show ever. Please keep it going. All these crazy comedies are not my style.

Helen June 6, 2014 at 10:57 pm