CBS Summer 2012 TV Ratings

Summer 2012 ratings for CBSWant to find out how the CBS TV shows are performing this summer? Look no further. There’s lots of information that the networks take into consideration when cancelling or renewing a TV series but the ratings are the biggest factor, particularly the 18-49 demographic. That’s the group that the advertisers want to reach the most so the networks must cater to them.

Viewership is obviously lower during the summer months (here’s the CBS report card for the regular 2011-12 season).

The following chart incorporates “Summer” season ratings data through Thursday, September 6, 2012.

Demo
1Big Brother (Thurs)B+2.2 (2.17)6.01ratings
2Big Brother (Sun)B+2.2 (2.15)5.92ratings
3Big Brother (Weds)B2.1 (2.06)5.83ratings
460 MinutesD-1.1 (1.08)7.49ratings
5Dogs in the CityD-1.0 (1.03)5.29ratings
63F0.7 (0.65)1.97ratings

Original ratings data ┬ęThe Nielsen Company. All rights reserved.

Other summer ratings report cards: ABC | The CW | FOX | NBC

A couple of things to remember:
The averages included in these charts are based on the final numbers, not the fast affiliate ratings that are reported the morning after a show airs. These final numbers become available one to three days later (depending on holidays or weekends). The charts are updated as we get the new data.

Demo numbers are reported by Nielsen using the 10th decimal place (2.1, for example). In these charts, we’re including the rounded demo average as well as the average in 100ths (2.14, for example) in parenthesis so you can get a better idea of how the number’s been affected by the latest episode’s rating.

The letter grades are relative and are based on the individual network’s overall performance in either the scripted or non-scripted categories. The networks all have very different gauges for success. A hit show on The CW would get quickly cancelled on CBS. Our system for coming up with letter grades isn’t perfect but it should still give you an idea of where the shows stand when compared to others on the same network.

*The letter grades for TV series that run on Friday and Saturday nights are weighted a little differently to compensate for them airing on little-watched nights.

What do you think? How are your favorites doing? Are any of them in danger of being cancelled or sure to to be renewed?

Canceled and renewed TV show

29 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Maria says

Please RENEW Dogs in the City. We watched the episodes over the summer and the kids as well as my husband and I really enjoyed the show. Please do NOT cancel this show. Give it a chance. Very informative and Justin is a very natural and likable person with a sense of humor … the show flows smoothly.

2. Nancy says

Keep the Dogs in the City Series, its very interesting , you could dump at lest one of the Big Brother shows, oh how phony!!!!!!!!!

3. Karen says

My sweetie and I love Dogs in the City…we can’t wait for it to be back in the fall…PLEASE do not cancel this great show

4. Robin davidson says

Our family loves “Dogs in the City”. Justin’s passion for training rescued dogs and saving dogs in shelters is obviously heartfelt. This show is very entertaining as well as educational. Please renew this show. Thanks, Robin D

5. says

PLEASE Dont cancel this show. We need more shows like this animal lovers are a fast and growing population. It would be a big mistake to not give it a chance. I didnt even realize the show was out and I came across the show by accident so more advertisment is what is needed.

6. Jennice Phillips says

I love Dogs in the City! I have learned a lot and Justin is a “natural.” It’s one of the most positive and entertaining reality shows out there. We don’t need drama and people with fake tans. Please renew it.

7. says

We love “dogs in the city”, it is the only reality show that my wife, and I watch. We are trying to get our dog owning neighbors to watch it too! It’s an A+.

8. Barbara says

This show is a keeper! It is also a win-win all around. Dogs get trained but more importantly the audience/owners gets trained. As in life, it is not the child but the parent, not the dog but the owner. Train the parent (read owner) and you have a perfect dog. LOVE this show!

9. Anna Kaiser says

My husband and I love, love, love this show!!!!! We watch it all the time! Please keep this show, it is educational, wholesome, and fun to watch. We have learned alot already. Love Dogs in the City!!!!

10. Mary says

Love “Dogs in the City”. It’s a nice diversion and educational too. Give this show a chance…………why can’t we have a reality show without screaming, yelling, cheating, backstabbbing, sex, grandstanding and just plain mind-numbing absurdity (no wonder they call TV the vast wasteland). More DITC!!!

11. Guy says

Both my wife and I really enjoy Dogs in the City. I believe that, over time, it can build a larger audience. Further, this is a quality program which is the hallmark of CBS’ success. I sincerely hope the network decides to renew the show for another season and continues to promote it.

12. Cheryl says

I love ” Dogs in the City!” I learn something new every week. Please renew it. Pet lovers unite and spread the word.