CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 7/29/14)

cbs-tv-show-ratingsCBS is still the most-watched network but almost all of their established shows are down year-to-year. Plus, none of their new shows can really be considered hits. Which will be cancelled or renewed? Stay tuned!

CBS shows this season (so far): 2 Broke Girls, 48 Hours, 60 Minutes, The Amazing Race, Bad Teacher, The Big Bang Theory, Big Brother, Blue Bloods, The Crazy Ones, Criminal Minds, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Elementary, Extant, Friends with Better Lives, The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-0, Hostages, How I Met Your Mother, Intelligence, The Mentalist, Mike & Molly, The Millers, Mom, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Person of Interest, Reckless, Survivor, Two and a Half Men, Under the Dome, Undercover Boss, Unforgettable, and We Are Men.

There’s lots of data that CBS looks at when deciding whether to renew or cancel a TV series but ratings are typically the biggest piece. Here’s how the network’s shows are doing so far.

Check the other networks’ season rankings: ABC | The CW | FOX | NBC

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here and here.

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released. The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing), unless marked with an asterisk (*). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

Keep in mind that the demo numbers are typically what’s most important to advertisers. Therefore, that’s how the networks measure success. Advertisers pay more for ad time on a show that has a higher demo rating. Because older viewers don’t count? No, it’s because younger viewers watch less traditional TV and are harder to reach.

Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

The networks take into account when shows air on Fridays and Saturdays, nights when TV viewership is lower.

What do you think? Which shows are you rooting for? Which one isn’t as big a hit as you thought? Are you hoping any series will get cancelled to make way for something else?

T.V. Viewer February 28, 2014 at 10:53 am

CBS Intelligence has got to go! The techno mumbo-jumbo is laughable and the acting is even worse. In one episode PJ Bryne’s character is quoted as saying “I can’t hack it, but he [Gabby] can” Really? The only thing the chip does is give him WiFi he was Delta Force not a computer hacker. How does having the chip in his head all of a sudden make him this brilliant hacker? Intelligence? I don’t think so.

Anonymous March 4, 2014 at 11:30 pm

Yep that about sums it up

Anonymous February 23, 2014 at 10:22 am

Does anyone know why Eva Moon left The Millers?

Anonymous February 22, 2014 at 8:10 pm

RENEW TAAHM!!!

Babygirl February 19, 2014 at 3:50 am

Criminal minds!!!!!! I just love this show

Not in the Coveted 18-49 Demo....Oh Well February 16, 2014 at 12:49 pm

The figures for Person of Interest are…..interesting. Wonder how the “boy wonder writers” feel about killing a beloved character (Joss Carter) to make room for the catwoman character of their prepubescent lascivious desires. So much about the show seems disjointed and cartoonish now, after ‘all the fantastic changes’. Caviezel looks like he is going through the motions, vacantly, and it may be merciful to make him the next member of the team who is killed for shock value. It is really sad how Nolan and Plageman let their egos get the best of them as they butchered this drama. It has become painful to watch and impossible to love. It was a big mistake to slough off Taraji P. Henson. A fembot in a sexy white evening gown can never replace a bona fide woman.

Leavemealone February 13, 2014 at 10:11 am

I really love The Mentalist. Just keep it on. I’d never stop watching it.
Please, pretty, pretty please. Keep it on!!

Edouard February 10, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Hostage is the best series i’ve ever seen and now it seems to be cancel. i don’t know if i can ever watch a like this again… Hostage hope u have another chance and in the right time…

BC February 4, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Please keep Dracula…it is one of my new favorite shows!

Susan February 1, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I want Criminal Minds to stay on forever! Blue bloods, Hostages,The Blacklist, The Good Wife, Days of Our Lives, should all be renewed. Also, White Collar, Hell On Wheels, Castle,, CSI-the one in Vegas. All NCSI should be cancelled and not shown as reruns.

OMG January 24, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Wow I don’t see Big Brother on the list . Did they cancel it ?

admin January 25, 2014 at 3:20 am

It’s a summer show. These are from the current fall season which started in September.

Martha Delgado January 23, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Cancel two broke girls, don’t find it funny at all. One is stupid and the other is a smart mouth….

Renew Mom!

Anonymous March 8, 2014 at 8:48 pm

2 Broke Girls is not going anywhere, and thank god, too.

And renew Mom indeed

Janice January 22, 2014 at 11:12 am

Tuesday is my favorite night of the week….NCIS (although I am not impressed with the person they have replaced Ziva with….very dull…)…NCIS Los Angeles and then Person of Interest.

I still like Good Wife but…

I tune in at 10pm for Monday’s Castle, but it is losing me to Intelligence.
Wednesdays don’t hold any interest for me…but then on Thursday I love Big Bang Theory.

Shows I wish would go away are 2 and Half Men, Mike and Molly, 2 Broke Girls, How I Met your Mother, the Crazy Ones (sorry, Robin Williams…I loved you in everything you have done except for this.) used to love Grey’s Anatomy until it went Sci-Fi with dead people reappearing. Years ago Dallas lost me because of the same reason.

Please make the reality shows go away! I am sure that it keeps costs down hiring “has-beens” and “never-weres” but enough already.

Gary January 23, 2014 at 12:18 am

Looks like The Crazy Ones is going to get a second season if the numbers remain the way they are. It’s got an 85% chance of surviving its first year and being renewed.

admin January 16, 2014 at 5:58 am

It could go either way but I suspect it will be renewed.

Anonymous January 13, 2014 at 4:40 pm

CACEL THE MENTALIST!!!!!

Stephanie January 17, 2014 at 10:02 pm

What would you say something like that? It’s not dangerous )?

Janice January 22, 2014 at 11:18 am

Love the Mentalist, but I have to admit the ongoing saga of Red John was getting pretty old.

Anonymous January 13, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I love Hostages. If the ratings are low the only reason is the 10 o’clock time slot on a Monday. Everytime shows are bumped to that time they are dropped no matter how successful they’ve been in the past. I wish series time slots wouldn’t change. The reason a lot of them succeed and/or fail is is due to all of the time changing. PLEASE KEEP HOSTAGES ON!!!!!