Cancelled & Renewed CBS TV Shows for 2011-12

The MentalistCBS has the most total viewers but that doesn’t mean that your favorite shows are necessarily safe. After all, with so many successful shows, they can be picky. Is your favorite CBS TV series returning or has it already been cancelled? What TV shows have already been renewed for another season?

Here’s a list of all of the regular CBS series that have aired (or are expected to air) during the 2011-12 season (what we’re calling roughly September 2011 to August 2012).

Using this “cheat sheet” you can tell where your favorite CBS TV series stands; how many episodes are in the current season, when it’ll be back on the air and, of course, if it’s already been renewed or cancelled.

If you can’t find a particular CBS program on this list, it may have been cancelled last season (2010-11) or perhaps the one before (2009-10). For a list of cancelled shows from all networks, you can go here. It may also be possible that we missed something so feel free to let us know in the comments below.

NOTE: This page is no longer being updated. You can find newer versions here.

Here are listings for the other networks: ABC | The CW | FOX | NBC

¡ROB!1 (8 eps, aired)cancelled
Rules of Engagement6 (15 eps, aired)renewed for season 7
Same Name1 (6 eps, only 4 aired)cancelled
Survivor25 (14 eps, aired)renewed through season 26
Two and a Half Men9 (24 eps, aired)renewed for season 10
Undercover Boss3 (13 eps, aired)renewed for season 4
Unforgettable1 (22 eps, aired)cancelled but then "un-cancelled"

What do you think? Which CBS TV shows won’t be renewed? Are there any that you wish would be cancelled?

Marcy October 28, 2012 at 11:01 am

Please bring back Dogs in the City. It’s a great show and really helps dog lovers with behavioral problems with their dogs. With all the rescue dogs out there needing a good home, it gives people hope.. And Justin Silver is great !!!!

Anonymous September 12, 2012 at 6:23 am

Please renew it. I love it! Such a great show. A lot of my friends are big fans. We are all waiting for new episodes

Wayne August 23, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I discovered Dogs in the City late. Please renew it, the show is fantastic.

D A Parsons August 21, 2012 at 1:51 am

I’m for Dogs in the City too. This is enlightening as to how to train our pets and entertaining at the same time. I’ve been looking for it to come back… and soon. It’s better by far than all the blood and guts programs on air. Cancel “Criminal Minds” instead. It’s the worst of the worst and I mean really!

miky August 17, 2012 at 2:47 pm

looking forward for more seasons of Person of Interest. Great plot, feels like watching a silver-screen movie.

jill August 5, 2012 at 4:30 am

Please renew NYC 22. I love this show!

Emaegf August 19, 2012 at 8:05 pm

They already canceled it. :(

Anonymous August 29, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I agree, it’s a good show, I love watching cop shows even though they are so unrealistic. If anything cancel all the CSI’s I mean c’mon CSI:NY has totally “Jumped the Shark”!

Sally August 1, 2012 at 6:58 am

PLEASE CANCEL 2-1/2 Men–it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!! cant believe that they have re-newed this aweful program!!

PATTI September 5, 2012 at 7:49 am

CANCEL 2 & 1/2 MEN. I HATE THAT SHOW AND I CAN’T STAND THE NEW GUY, ASHTON. YUK, YUK!!! WHAT????, DOES IT SAY TO OUR YOUTH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD? WHERE HAVE THE MORALES OF THIS LIFE GONE. I DID NOT LIKE THE SHOW WHEN CHARLIE WAS ON IT & I DISLIKE IT EVEN MORE NOW.
BIG BROTHERS, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. WHERE HAVE THE REAL TV SHOWS GONE? THANK GOODNESS I HAVE NETFLIX.
I WATCHED THE WALTON FAMILY REUNION MONDAY NITE ON HALLMARK
AND IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!

vera July 26, 2012 at 7:43 am

please please please renew dogs in the city- its informative, entertaintening and refreshing because all the crime stuff they have on is getting to be too much. Dogs in the city is something that the entire famiy can watch together and learn something and if someone does not like dogs they simple go back to the crime shows on another channel. I think this station would be doing wrong if they took this off the air .

Robert Gately July 25, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Please renew Dogs in the City. It is nice to see some one kind to animals and it does work out well. I believe in positive strokes in training your pet. “Catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar”.

Ginny Sue July 20, 2012 at 6:44 pm

What do I think? I think whoever (whomever) cancels the shows has no brain. These people don’t give a show a chance to succeed. A Gifted Man is full of interesting story lines, a talented cast, fresh ideas. What do we get in its place? Mike and Molly. Ugh! How I Met Your Mother. Trash! I can name a dozen more and add a ton of reality shows that make it and they are simply annoying, disgusting trashy shows. Give us a huge break and bring back A Gifted Man. I’m sure it will never happen. There are those out there who think we don’t deserve decent programs.

carol October 2, 2012 at 5:55 pm

absolutely loved a gifted man & could hardly wait for season 2. They were crazy to cancel that show-finally get a really interesting show & they cancel it. NUTS

L.P. July 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Please renew Dogs in the City. . .several family members love it and have recruited others to join them!

Lou July 18, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Please renew Dogs in the City. Justin is a great host – very likeable and it warms your heart to see the love he has for dogs. I had a black lab for 8 yrs. and now have a 4 year old yellow lab. I took the older lab to training classes but I learn new training techniques from each episode of this wonderful program. Informative and entertaining!!!

jon July 18, 2012 at 8:21 pm

agree renew dogs in the city

Anonymous July 18, 2012 at 9:19 am

Please renew ‘Dogs in the City’ I told all my friends about it but the season has ended already:(

Anonymous July 17, 2012 at 4:59 pm