Cedar Cove: Renewed for Season Two by Hallmark

Cedar Cove season twoHallmark Channel has renewed Cedar Cove for a second season reports THR. Starring Andie MacDowell, the show is the cable channel’s first original scripted series and airs on Saturday nights.

The Cedar Cove two-hour pilot aired as a movie-of-the-week and drew more than 3.8 million total viewers. The first season has a dozen episodes and they’ll finish airing on Octover 12th.

Michelle Vicary, Hallmark Channel executive VP of Programming said, “We are incredibly pleased with the tremendous success of Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove, our first-ever primetime series… We are so thrilled to work with Debbie Macomber and have the opportunity to bring to life her beloved book series, which was the perfect fit for Hallmark Channel. The show’s significant impact and the fact that audiences have responded positively to the show has warranted a second season renewal. We launched a new era at Hallmark Channel with Cedar Cove and we look forward to the show’s continued growth and success.”

What do you think? Have you watched the Cedar Cove show? Are you glad to hear that it’s returning?

137 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Dianne says

I loved the books and have enjoyed the TV series so much. It has brought the characters to life. I’m sad to see that we are coming to the end of the first season, but so happy that there will be a 2nd season! Thank you, Hallmark.

2. Paticia Rhodes says

love the show please do not cancel cant wait till Saturday nite to watch I think Andie MacDowell l an her costar are just great togather

3. Jackie says

I love the Cedar Cove series. I look forward to watching each week. I’m so glad to hear the series is being renewed.

4. Sharon says

My husband and I have both enjoyed the Cedar Cove series very much. We haven’t missed one episode. I’m so happy that it is going on for a second season. This series is so refreshing from all the other shows on tv. We look forward to Saturday evening at 5:00. Thanks so much for bringing Cedar Cove to us.

5. PattiB says

I love this show!!! I panicked when I heard the series finale was coming up next week. So glad to know a second season has been approved. I have more friends that watch this show. Keep it going!

6. mtme says

I watched the first episode because of having to see why promos for this show began in May when the show didn’t begin until July 20. I had to see what the big deal was. After watching the first episode I was hooked 100% and found myself having a hard time waiting a whole week to see it again. Have not missed a show. Funny today I was wondering how long the show would run as most shows start up in October and run thru April. Worried about viewers for it because it started up in the middle of Summer when people are not in the house watching tv, and are on vacations. I t hought it would run thru the end of December at least but heard tonight that next Saturday will be its final show. I hope viewers won’t have to wait for its 2nd season for a long time or everyone will have forgotten the characters and what they were involved in. If you wait viewers wait too long they will just lose interest. What a wonderful change from all the cop shows and violence. Most shows run from October to April, this show should, too. Love all the characters and their totally different story lines. A hit for sure, now don’t ruin it. Remember the old saying, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. You mess with something good, then it isn’t the same.

7. Cynthia says

My husband & I TOTALLY LOVE Cedar Cove! We watch it every Saturday night. We wait all week long & anticipate the next episode. This program keeps our attention the whole hour!! The story lines on all the people in Cedar Cove are so very interesting.

8. says

I agree with vp44, I don’t like either of those guys myself, but without them who could we not like? Never the less this is a nice low stress go to show and the setting is just beautiful. I do wish that Olivia and MaryEllen would do something about the eyebrows. MaryEllen’s are too dark and heavy and look odd with her coloring and if you check out Andy’s hair color commercial they look totally different. If she is trying for a change that is not it. They make her eyes look too small. Okay, so I am nit picking but she looks younger and more awake on the ad.

9. Brenda Morgan-Goble says

I love this show. It has became one of my favorite series to watch.
    Olivia and Jack are great together! Thank you for showing clean and enjoyable TV.

10. vp44 says

I am so happy, because I love the show. The only thing is that I understand that they are crucial to the show, but I hate Olivia’s ex-husband and her daughters ex-fiancee, can’t stand them!