Cedar Cove: Renewed for Season Two by Hallmark

Cedar Cove season twoHallmark Channel has renewed Cedar Cove for a second season reports THR. Starring Andie MacDowell, the show is the cable channel’s first original scripted series and airs on Saturday nights.

The Cedar Cove two-hour pilot aired as a movie-of-the-week and drew more than 3.8 million total viewers. The first season has a dozen episodes and they’ll finish airing on Octover 12th.

Michelle Vicary, Hallmark Channel executive VP of Programming said, “We are incredibly pleased with the tremendous success of Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove, our first-ever primetime series… We are so thrilled to work with Debbie Macomber and have the opportunity to bring to life her beloved book series, which was the perfect fit for Hallmark Channel. The show’s significant impact and the fact that audiences have responded positively to the show has warranted a second season renewal. We launched a new era at Hallmark Channel with Cedar Cove and we look forward to the show’s continued growth and success.”

What do you think? Have you watched the Cedar Cove show? Are you glad to hear that it’s returning?

135 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. TracyLaubach says

when is the new season of cedar cove coming on my nephew is gonna drive me bananas til it does that is our Saturday night show together

2. Julie says

My husband and I love this show! We really look forward to Saturday nights because of this. Can’t wait for the new season to start!!!

3. Diana Wogan says

I look forward to seeing my friends every Saturday.Its refreshing to have a program that as a good story.Thank you halmark for a wonderful program,hope there are more like this comming.

4. John arnette says

Great, great show…this my wife’s and my show on the weekend …it has put the life back into our Saturday night..

5. says

Love the show. It’s a good family show. Even though I have no children at home. It’s very interesting. And makes me laugh. I lived in Washington for a few months and would still be there. Please do not cancel

6. Anonymous says

I wish it weren’t ending. It’s so difficult to find something good to watch on Saturday evening. I’ll be glad to see it return. When?