Cedar Cove: Renewed for Season Two by Hallmark

Cedar Cove season twoHallmark Channel has renewed Cedar Cove for a second season reports THR. Starring Andie MacDowell, the show is the cable channel’s first original scripted series and airs on Saturday nights.

The Cedar Cove two-hour pilot aired as a movie-of-the-week and drew more than 3.8 million total viewers. The first season has a dozen episodes and they’ll finish airing on Octover 12th.

Michelle Vicary, Hallmark Channel executive VP of Programming said, “We are incredibly pleased with the tremendous success of Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove, our first-ever primetime series… We are so thrilled to work with Debbie Macomber and have the opportunity to bring to life her beloved book series, which was the perfect fit for Hallmark Channel. The show’s significant impact and the fact that audiences have responded positively to the show has warranted a second season renewal. We launched a new era at Hallmark Channel with Cedar Cove and we look forward to the show’s continued growth and success.”

What do you think? Have you watched the Cedar Cove show? Are you glad to hear that it’s returning?

Dianna December 1, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Loved the series. the books were amazing. I can’t wait for the second season to begin.

Jannet November 28, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Thank you Hallmark for renewing Cedar Cove .. I have been watching for its second season to return .. was so afraid it wasn’t going to return and now I saw on the Hallmark Channel it was returning .. so had to goggle to see exactly when .. all I found is returning in 2014 which means after the new year. I have never been much of a reader but started reading Danielle Steel after seeing her movies on Lifetime… and watching Cedar Cove has prompted me to pick up a christmas short story book written by Debbie Macomber and Linda Goodnight .. and totally enjoyed the book .. my sister is so amazed that I am now reading someone else beside Danielle Steel .. :) Hurry up 2014 .. come quickly .. I am so waiting for the second season of cedar cove. :)

Bill November 27, 2013 at 5:01 pm

The wife and I absolutely love this show. Extremely glad to hear it’s going to be continued.

Terri November 27, 2013 at 12:26 am

I love cedar cove. Hope it has many seasons

Sandi November 24, 2013 at 3:29 pm

So love the show and the cast. Good actors and good acting. Storylines are easy to follow. A series with out profanity and intense sexual situations.
If we were gone, we would rush home to see it. Hated missing any episodes.

Kate November 23, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I have read that “Cedar Cove” is returning for a second season – waiting in anticipation – love the show and the stars

Lucy Canter November 6, 2013 at 8:15 pm

OMG, love the show Cedar Cove.. Andie MacDowdell lives in Asheville, NC and her family is from here. We have seen her on many occasions in town, as well in restaurants.
She seems pleasant. Andie lives in Biltmore Forest and one can see her house ! It’s lovely.
When is the next series starting ?

luchetti November 7, 2013 at 2:42 pm

its interesting that Andie Mcdowell lives away from the other h8llywood stars and all there superficial plastic life styles. She chose a wonderful place for here home.. Debbie Macomber Books I have been reading for decades, they are very addictive so far the series is following the book

Royce Ross October 22, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Absolutely loved the show. Finally, we get a series worth watching that isn’t built around sex and violence. We get to see ordinary people work through some of the struggles that we all face or have faced. Congratulations to Hallmark. I hope they will consider developing other shows like this one. Their movies are excellent as well.

ENID October 23, 2013 at 8:25 am

YES I AGREE ITS SO REFRESHING TO HAVE A NORMAL SHOW, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HALLMARK, TODAYS SHOWS ARE RELECTIVE OF ALL THE VIOLENCE THAT ARE SOCIETY HAS, LOOK BACK TO THE 60 TV SHOWS SO DIFFERENCE NO WONDER THE KIDS ARE KILLING PEOPLE IN SCHOOLS

Anonymous October 19, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Love this series and hope it continues for a long time.

Hilary October 19, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I love the show
Can’t wait till it comes back I miss it already
It’s part of Saturday night
All the cast members are great in their roles
Hil

bobali October 15, 2013 at 9:55 pm

loved the show can’t wait for season 2

Pat October 15, 2013 at 9:36 am

I love all of Debbie’s books! I love the Cedar Cove series. I am so glad it will be coming back. I must be honest in saying, I do not care for Andie MacDowell. I did not picture Olivia in that character.

Judy Hanson October 14, 2013 at 5:57 pm

My husband and just love this series and cannot wait for the second season to begin. Thank you Debbie Macomber and Hallmark.

Charles Myers October 14, 2013 at 4:51 pm

We look forward to each episode and we record them so we can watch them again. So glad to have a gentler, kinder series to watch. Something that isn’t full of hatred, foul language, murder and mayhem. Keep it going!

enid luchetti October 15, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I agree with other viewers, finally something without the profanity and distaste of this new generation. I too did not like Andie Mcdowell at first , but she grew on me, having read all her books I did not picture this as Olivia. CAN WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR

Sara Lukens Myers October 14, 2013 at 4:49 pm

YES! Resounding YES! Finally a FAMILY series. Thank you so much for this show and renewing for a second season…how can we wait until next season to learn what happens to all of these characters?