Cedar Cove: Renewed for Season Two by Hallmark

Cedar Cove season twoHallmark Channel has renewed Cedar Cove for a second season reports THR. Starring Andie MacDowell, the show is the cable channel’s first original scripted series and airs on Saturday nights.

The Cedar Cove two-hour pilot aired as a movie-of-the-week and drew more than 3.8 million total viewers. The first season has a dozen episodes and they’ll finish airing on Octover 12th.

Michelle Vicary, Hallmark Channel executive VP of Programming said, “We are incredibly pleased with the tremendous success of Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove, our first-ever primetime series… We are so thrilled to work with Debbie Macomber and have the opportunity to bring to life her beloved book series, which was the perfect fit for Hallmark Channel. The show’s significant impact and the fact that audiences have responded positively to the show has warranted a second season renewal. We launched a new era at Hallmark Channel with Cedar Cove and we look forward to the show’s continued growth and success.”

What do you think? Have you watched the Cedar Cove show? Are you glad to hear that it’s returning?

137 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

Has Cedar Cove started already? My Hallmark channel is showing the Good Wife. I don’t
    want to miss it, but I thought I read it began last week. Can someone help me fine the correct date. Thanks

2. says

I LOVE CEDAR COVE .I LOVE ALL THE PLAYERS.I HAVING BEEN WATING TILL FEBUARY JUST TO WATCH JACK AND THE JUDGE.I LOVE CEDAR COVE ALL4400.00 LOVE IT PLEASE HURRY AND BRING IT BACK ON .AS SOON AS YOU CAN LOVE ALL THE CAST MEMBERS.HOPE TO SEE YALL REAL SOON.

3. Judy says

It was a great show, so glad it is coming back. I read the Cedar Cove series so it is like coming to life. Debbie Macomber is a wonderful writer, I have enjoyed many of her books.

4. Jan Smith says

I am so pleased to bear this is returning g. I actually have to purchase each show bc we do not get Hallmarrk. What I love about this series is my daughter also watches it and we can talk about what is going on, plus her friends at work watch it’ keep up the good work and brig season 2 on as quick as you can.

5. Caroline says

I am so glad that Cedar Cove is returning. Read the book .
    I live just a couple hours away from Seattle Washington
    Love the series.

6. MJRings says

I am so happy to hear that this series has been renewed. I hope all of the original cast will be able to come back. I have read the entire series of books and enjoy the author’s writing style. I also grew up in a small town so can relate to the characters and the way everyone knows what is going on. The finale left us in the dark on many issues which need resolution so am looking forward to new season.

7. Anonymous says

A great engaging program that is fun for everyone to watch. It’s so refreshing to not have to eliminate a show because of bad language or elicit sex or…. Thanks so much!!!!

8. Kerry says

I was REALLY looking forward to this coming back in February, now it’s not coming back till summer? BAD IDEA!

I am one of the millions and millions of Debbie Macomber fans around the world, and the series follow the books very closely. I’ve read them all, but it’s more fun living them through the series. One of the VERY FEW shows I looked forward to, and you almost canceled it? STUPID!

Bring it back in February as planned.