Chase: New NBC Cop Series; Cancel or Keep It?

ChaseNBC rounded out their Monday night schedule with a new cop series, Chase. Police shows have performed very well for the networks for years but how did this one perform? Is it a keeper or will it be quickly cancelled?

Chase follows US Marshall Annie Frost (Kelli Giddish) as she heads up the Houston Enforcement & Apprehension Task Force. Annie and her team (played by Cole Hauser, Amaury Nolasco, Rose Rollins, and Jesse Metcalfe) hunt down America’s most dangerous fugitives.

What do you think of Chase?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The premiere garnered a disappointing 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.3 million viewers. That put Chase in third (last) place in both categories. It lost a significant number of viewers from lead-in The Event — 36% of the demo and 33% of total viewers. It also lost about 15% of viewers in the demo between the start and finish of the episode.

TV show supportWhile this is much better than last year’s The Jay Leno Show, this mediocre start doesn’t bode well for Chase’s future. If the ratings decline in week two, as they typically do for new shows, it could be in real trouble.

Based on this performance alone, it seems unlikely that NBC would bother ordering any episodes beyond the initial 13 installments.

So, what do you think? Is Chase worth watching? Do you like the show or should it just be cancelled?

Tim March 10, 2011 at 12:26 am

Please bring show back . Great show

Anonymous March 9, 2011 at 11:04 am

Bring it back…please

Pam March 8, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Please bring Chase back!!!! I loved that program. I am so sick of reality shows. This show is fantastic. Please consider a revival of Chase.

jimmy-jam March 7, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I absolutely love “Chase.” This has been a David against a Goliath as far as scheduling, Man, can’t you give it a more competitive time slot? This is a great show for us reality show non-lovers.

STEVE March 7, 2011 at 6:25 pm

CHASE was great. I am dissappointed that NBC would not give another female lead the kind of time that show deserved to develop the following I know it was starting to gather.
Maybe they were just bending to the wrong side of the law enforcement spectrum. It was a smart, fast moving and extremely relevent. PUT IT BACK NBC

It is better then JUSTIFIED —-

Kendra Hartzo March 7, 2011 at 11:59 am

KEEP Chase!!!! Love this show!

alexis March 6, 2011 at 7:08 pm

OMG, I can’t believe the show is or will be cancelled. I’ve been searching for it for the last few weeks and couldn’t find it. I’m so disappointed. Thought it was an awesome show. Just loved all the characters.

sarah March 5, 2011 at 3:21 pm

love the show keep it or wont watch YOUR NETWORK EITHER

Anonymous March 5, 2011 at 8:36 am

Chase is such a great show! I love the chemistry of the characters. I had been frantically looking for it for the last few weeks before I realized that once again a network has cut a quality show before it has a chance to build up a following. It’s like losing LIFE all over again (I’m still grieving about that one!) Thanks for nothing NBC!
Maybe another network will give Chase a chance.

CaseyDauphin March 5, 2011 at 6:44 am

Bring Chase back! I can’t even get it ON Demand anymore. What happened? This show is great.

Marsha Miller March 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Chase is a great show. Better than a lot this reality stuff that is coming on television.

Dee March 2, 2011 at 6:29 pm

we loved the show. We were just getting into the characters and the show and it was pulled. We are so disappointed. It seems to always happen to our favorite shows. Please bring it back!!

Anonymous March 2, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Bring Chase back!

linda March 5, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I AGREE! BRING CHASE BACK! FINALLY A GOOD SHOW AND THE EXCELLENT ONES ARE ALWAYS CUT! WHY??

Anonymous February 28, 2011 at 5:08 pm

RENEW CHASE!! SOON

Sierra February 27, 2011 at 8:49 am

Chase is the ONLY reason I watch NBC, without it I will not watch the channel nor ever. I am not the only one. Ratings can be explained. The show’s times were continuously moved around and it was put up against shows on other networks that have been on far longer and had the time to build up viewers- of course a newly created show can’t stand up to it. It’s common sense. If Chase is cancelled I will NEVER watch anything on NBC ever again… This is rediculous.