Chase: New NBC Cop Series; Cancel or Keep It?

ChaseNBC rounded out their Monday night schedule with a new cop series, Chase. Police shows have performed very well for the networks for years but how did this one perform? Is it a keeper or will it be quickly cancelled?

Chase follows US Marshall Annie Frost (Kelli Giddish) as she heads up the Houston Enforcement & Apprehension Task Force. Annie and her team (played by Cole Hauser, Amaury Nolasco, Rose Rollins, and Jesse Metcalfe) hunt down America’s most dangerous fugitives.

What do you think of Chase?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The premiere garnered a disappointing 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.3 million viewers. That put Chase in third (last) place in both categories. It lost a significant number of viewers from lead-in The Event — 36% of the demo and 33% of total viewers. It also lost about 15% of viewers in the demo between the start and finish of the episode.

TV show supportWhile this is much better than last year’s The Jay Leno Show, this mediocre start doesn’t bode well for Chase’s future. If the ratings decline in week two, as they typically do for new shows, it could be in real trouble.

Based on this performance alone, it seems unlikely that NBC would bother ordering any episodes beyond the initial 13 installments.

So, what do you think? Is Chase worth watching? Do you like the show or should it just be cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

258 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Misti says

I am 46 and really enjoy this show. I lived 13 years in Houston and live in West Texas now. I like seeing strong female parts in a show other than being a ****** housewife:) every time we find a show that doesn’t revolve around drugs, sex, etc. but has good guys in it it gets cancelled. Shouldnt be surprised with the way things are in our country today. We cannot find very many shows we can sit down and watch with our 12 year old at night before 9pm. What happened to putting shows on the family can watch. With this one, at least we saw the good “guys” get scum off the street

2. Pablo says

I loved the show. great characters. which they left it on. Think i will be stickint tomovies. All the shows i like they cancell. Why bother with tv? :(

3. says

Why is it that everytime there is a good show on with great scripts it’s canceled in favor of some stupid comedy (we have way too many of them as it is). When can the fans see what they want to see without the big wigs at the networks choosing for us? Ratings they say put the program on a time period where t has a chance to excell not against some giant series. It’s new give it and us a break. Edith Andrews

4. SD says

Great series; love the chemistry between the characters, especially Annie and Jimmy! Hope they bring it back.

5. john johnson says

One of the best law enforcement shows on TV. Sorry to see that the upper
    management does not agree. Perhaps they should be replaced.

6. jim says

We love this show. With Jerry Bruckheimer writing for it, we were hopit it would be renewed. NBC did not really promote the show. Don’t blame the show for poor ratings! Blame the NBC execs who mishandle the promotion of the show. Too bad some other network does not pick it up.

7. teresa says

KEEP THIS SHOW !!!! I luv it give it a chance !!! I am so damn tired of who ever is making up this bull **** ratings !!! unless you intend to pole ALL HOUSEHOLD someone needs to SHUT THE RATINGS SYSTEM DOWN NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BillBasham says

It is a very good show about US Marshall’s. My wife an I hope they consider keeping the series.

9. Russell McDonald says

My wife and I absolutely love Chase. I just can’t believe that it was taken off the air the way it was, no warning

10. danielle fish says

I absolutely loved Chase!!;) I was so upset when it stopped airing!!:(:( it was right up there on my top 3 on my dvr along with Criminal Minds & Bones! I hope they @ least decide to air what is left of the season! I find it the networks fault for the bad ratings…if they would have kept it on the same day instead of moving it round maybe more people would have watched it!

• Gene Giberson says

My wife and I both LOVE this show please bring it back and get rid of some of those stupid reality shows.