Chase: Struggling NBC Series Put on Hiatus; Cancelled?

ChaseNBC has decided to pre-empt Chase once again but this time it’s looking a lot more permanent. The network has put the TV series on hiatus and replaced it with episodes of Minute to Win It. Though the network has not officially cancelled Chase, there’s certainly no compelling reason for NBC to bring it back.

Back in September, Chase debuted to mediocre ratings and things went quickly downhill from there. On Monday nights, Chase averaged just a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic and a meager 5.44 million viewers. When the series moved to Wednesday nights for the new year, the ratings only got worse. It’s currently the lowest-rated scripted series on the network.

NBC pre-empted Chase this week and replaced it with a double dose of Minute to Win It. That move paid off with the game show literally doubling the demo performance of Chase’s last original episode. Not surprisingly, NBC has now bumped the remaining episodes of Chase from the schedule.

TV show supportThe peacock network had given the show a full season order back in October but by December had trimmed that back from 22 to 18 installments. There are currently five unaired episodes of Chase on the shelf and there’s no word from NBC on when or if they’ll ever be aired.

What do you think? Will you miss Chase? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Denise Fetrow February 13, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I agree Bring it back Please! There is to much talk and reality shows. Stop taking off the good shows. Now i have no reason to watch NBC. It was the only good show left on NBC

Terri February 2, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Please bring it back! I love that show!

Joey January 29, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Great show.. I’ve been waiting to see commercials to see it starting back up. Just Google’s it and now I see it won’t be.. Don’t watch many shows but, Chase is one of the few. Hope yall decide to air it again..

Marco Miranda January 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm

CHASE is one if the best action shows ive ever seen, i love all carachters, really can blend with them. Please NBC or CBS if u read this , make at least another season.

bobbye pace January 25, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I cannot believe this show was canceled. It was my favorite and Im so sorry to see it go. What a shame. Now we are stuck with “Minute to Win It”> PLEASE HELP

Anonymous January 8, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Whats wrong with NBC? ‘Chase’ was a very good show. I wish they bring it back. I understand reality shows are more profitable to the networks but I don’t find them interesting at all. ‘Chase’ was way better than the reality show that replaced it.

Robert Thompson January 7, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Several of the shows my mom and I have found interest in have been cancelled. Chase, Detroit 1-8-7, flashpoint, and the whole truth. Do we just have bad taste in shows or what?

ardis January 5, 2012 at 1:52 am

It was a good show. Too bad they ask the critics instead of the viewers. They leave junk reality shows on the air because they don’t have to pay the actors for shows worth watching.

MAD January 2, 2012 at 7:03 pm

YOU WHY CANCIL A GOOD SHOW IT WOULD COST LESS FOR NBC TO MAKE A SHOW WORK BY PROMOTING THE SHOWS THEY HAVE RATHER THAN STAR A NEW SHOW CHASE IS A GREAT SHOW IF THE SHOW LIKE DAWSONS CREEK ,PARY OF 5 ,MELROSE PLACE ,OR 90210 WASNT GIVING ACHANCE AFTERA BAD FIRST YEAR GIVE THE SHOW ITS DUE WE WANT IT BACK ON THE AIR

Anonymous January 1, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I love this series :-(((

corrie January 1, 2012 at 10:09 am

i enjoyed the serie,i hope the remaining episodes will be aired

ellie December 29, 2011 at 1:34 pm

do I just have a “bad” taste in choosing shows or what?I don’t understand that most of the series I tend to watch gets the axed with just 1 season? ( which I think are great shows and have interesting concepts ) I still miss Chase…love all the characters and the actors who plays ‘em soO damn well! Another show I will surely miss ‘ll be Prime Suspect…NBC should gave this one a chance *sad face*

michelle davison January 26, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I NEVER SAW THE FINALE OF “CHASE”
I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR IT TO COME BACK & JUST READ THAT IT’S CANCELED….
THANKS AGAIN, YOU IDIOT PROGRAMERS ON NBC…..JUST KEEP ON AIRING THE CRAP…..
AT LEAST I HOPE YOU SHOW THE FINALE ON THE INTERNET……..

Glen Moore December 25, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Great show. Better advertising or put it on CBS and it will be successful.

jennifer threlfall December 22, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Both my son and I both really enjoyed chase and are really annoyed that yet again a programme we enjoy gets axed, it really pees me off do you not think it could have something to do with there being too many programmes being aired at once u can only record 2 bloody programmes at once so how the hell r we supposed 2 keep up with everything why don’t u stop repeating other programmes 4 the 20th bloody time!

Gisel Garcia December 20, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Great show and very entertaining…, I dont think alot of people even new about the show , they should try putting it. on a channel thats more catchy!