Chase: Struggling NBC Series Put on Hiatus; Cancelled?

ChaseNBC has decided to pre-empt Chase once again but this time it’s looking a lot more permanent. The network has put the TV series on hiatus and replaced it with episodes of Minute to Win It. Though the network has not officially cancelled Chase, there’s certainly no compelling reason for NBC to bring it back.

Back in September, Chase debuted to mediocre ratings and things went quickly downhill from there. On Monday nights, Chase averaged just a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic and a meager 5.44 million viewers. When the series moved to Wednesday nights for the new year, the ratings only got worse. It’s currently the lowest-rated scripted series on the network.

NBC pre-empted Chase this week and replaced it with a double dose of Minute to Win It. That move paid off with the game show literally doubling the demo performance of Chase’s last original episode. Not surprisingly, NBC has now bumped the remaining episodes of Chase from the schedule.

TV show supportThe peacock network had given the show a full season order back in October but by December had trimmed that back from 22 to 18 installments. There are currently five unaired episodes of Chase on the shelf and there’s no word from NBC on when or if they’ll ever be aired.

What do you think? Will you miss Chase? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

Donnie January 11, 2014 at 7:16 am

I agree with everybody else. The show was very good. This is Jan. 2014 and I just watched Killer Women. A kick-ass Texas Ranger girl. If I remember, the only problem NBC had with Chase is the time slot. I forget exactly what CBS & ABC premiered on Monday but they were heavy hitters and Chase lost the battle.

Donnie January 11, 2014 at 7:23 am

I looked up the schedule and Chase played against ABC’s Castle and CBS’s new remake at the time of Hawaii 5-0. You can see why it came always in third place.

Jo Wright January 10, 2014 at 2:59 pm

I thought this series was amazing & can’t believe it’s been canned – clearly there is no accounting for taste over in the States.. do another series just for the UK, guaranteed we’ll watch it !

phyllis kurtz January 9, 2014 at 6:04 pm

I enjoyed this show, much better than a lot of shows these days. Bring it back!

Bill45 December 6, 2013 at 11:17 pm

I don’t know what planet these Networks are on, but they keep introducing new great series & then just dump then & replace them with GARBAGE!!!! Chase was a great show & we watched it all the time & really miss it!!!

Michael July 26, 2013 at 9:28 am

My wife and I really loved that show, we miss boots and crew. We really wish the network would bring it back!

jen July 23, 2013 at 1:52 pm

My hubby and I looked forward to the chase after a hard days work,bring it back ,much better than Take on the twisters.

patti July 5, 2013 at 3:48 pm

This was a great show, so naturally, NBC in it’s infinite wisdom, took it off.

Take a note from CBS, and show some quality series!

Linda June 23, 2013 at 6:19 pm

When will these network executives learn to stop moving quality shows out of their normal time slot. It’s the juggling that causes the ratings to drop. How are we supposed to keep watching a show if we never know when it’s scheduled to air? Bring back Chase! Bring back Chase!

Tackese Owens June 22, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Since I started watching Chase, I just can’t get enough of it. I would appreciate it a whole lot if NBC start airing it again. Already I miss the team :-(

james carlson June 10, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I just wanted to say that Chase was one of my favorite tv shows when it was aired they replaced with a game show wow I don’t care I think Chase should come back this is my thought about this matter

thegadgie May 23, 2013 at 3:35 pm

It’s a shame they stopped this show it was a lot better than a lot that’s still running

Jason plumb May 15, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Chase was a really good show needs to be put back on. Come on NBC put it back on, so much other rubbish gets aired and is still running.

Aimee March 22, 2013 at 6:24 pm

It was brilliant. As good as all csi, criminal minds, svu etc. it was awsome they shoulb bring it back asap! Its romantic, its rauchy, its full of action and thrill. It has good eye candy for men and women. The story line is believable, why would you scrap such a action packed series. Role on boots she rocks!!!!

Laetitia February 25, 2013 at 7:41 am

Finally a show were it is not all glamourous and so on…so many crap show they should put it back on ! I loved it :D

Moses February 7, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Chase was an amazing show and should be back on.

Carolyn Whitehorn February 17, 2013 at 4:45 pm

With so many mediocre shows on television, it is a shame that Chase was cancelled.