Chase: NBC Series Finally Cancelled, No Season Two

Chase canceled season twoWe all knew it was coming but now the peacock network has made it official. Chase has been cancelled after one abbreviated season on the air and won’t be back for season two.

Chase follows US Marshall Annie Frost (Kelli Giddish) as she heads up the Houston Enforcement & Apprehension Task Force. Annie and her team (played by Cole Hauser, Amaury Nolasco, Rose Rollins, and Jesse Metcalfe) hunt down America’s most dangerous fugitives.

When it debuted in September, Chase scored mediocre ratings at best and things went quickly downhill from there. On Monday nights, Chase averaged just a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic and a meager 5.44 million viewers. When the series moved to Wednesday nights in 2011, the ratings only got worse and it became the lowest-rated scripted series on the network.

TV show supportIn February, NBC pulled the show off the air but wouldn’t say that it was cancelled. Still, we all knew the writing was on the wall. There were five episodes left unaired and last month, the peacock network began burning them off on Saturday nights. If there were any hopes left, the Saturday ratings reports dashed them. New episodes of Chase typically don’t perform any better than reruns of other NBC shows.

The peacock network has now made the cancellation official. Episode 17 airs tonight and the series finale of Chase airs next Saturday night at 8pm.

What do you think? Will you miss watching Chase? Why do you think the series struggled right from the start?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our NBC cancel/renew page.

LJ October 1, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I love this show!!! I didn’t realize it was cancelled til I saw Kelli Giddish on another show I loved her character, Annie. I caught the last few episodes on my smartphone.

michelle October 1, 2011 at 10:12 am

this is just wrong i watch this show every week!!! i love it soooo much i am very disappointed that it has been cancelled!!! i dont no what i am going to watch on a friday night now! i dont no when it will finish as i live in ireland and i tink were only on episode 3 0r 4 but i really dont want it to end!! :(

AB September 30, 2011 at 9:56 am

This is ridiculous! Thanks for ruining this for us, NBC. We won’t forget, and we won’t be watching. Thank God for other networks and cable. NBC, I hope you feel the pains of this decision. Give a show a chance to catch on. I watched it and got others hooked on it. Now, it’s gone. This only looks bad for NBC. I implore all who read this to boycott NBC. Let them feel the disappointment that we feel. Join me. Flip the channel! Better yet, block NBC from the tv altogether.

Rob September 26, 2011 at 4:20 pm

we liked Chase. we recorded the show and watched it several times weekly. To bad same ratings got in the way.

Jane September 24, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Same as Annie Luvr; I saw ‘Annie Frost’ on SVU and can’t believe ‘Chase’ has been canceled. My whole family, including married children, loved it.
Let’s hope these clueless tv execs rethink this really BAD decision.

Mary G September 23, 2011 at 11:02 am

I am a 54 female and I loved this show. Always looked forward to watching this. There are so many stupid shows on TV, and this was one I was never disapointed in. I used to love the way she could kick a**!!!!

Annie Luvr September 22, 2011 at 7:01 pm

What are people watching if they aren’t watching Chase?? All the drivel out there and a very watchable show like Chase gets cancelled? Very wrong! I found this blog when I saw Annie on Law and Order SVU’s season opener. Got that sinking feeling and sure enough….

Ah well, I can still get my Kelli Giddish fix!

E. Winebarger September 10, 2011 at 11:46 am

I loved the show, and I wish they would bring it back. I thought it was one of the best new shows that has came on in a long time. Maybe if they run it on a different day like the weekends when football isn’t on, it would do better on the ratings. Myself I would rate it number ONE>

david ball September 7, 2011 at 4:40 pm

hey im from the UK and we are only just watching the first few episodes of season 1 on our screens its that GOOD i couldn’t wait so i downloaded the whole season and just finished watching i cant believe there isn’t going to be no more im so gutted its a great show!!!! wanted to see what happened with Annie and jimmy… so sad but hey u never no maybe one day they will start them up again
dave

Tanya Subialdea August 31, 2011 at 1:46 pm

My whole family LOVED Chase and we ALL (ages 44, 43, 19, 18) watched it together … enjoyed every minute of it! We were so disappointed to find out it was being cancelled.

However, promotion is everything, and Chase didn’t have a fighting chance, because from the beginning, NBC didn’t do the show justice in promoting it. Then, to top it off, they moved it around in scheduling, and when they DID bring back a couple of new episodes on Saturday nights, we “accidentally” ran across the episodes on our on-screen guide, so of course we tuned in, but we had seen NO promos for it at all, and it was the season finale!

Now, my family watches a LOT of TV, so I know it’s not that we just “missed” the ads! This is so disappointing, but so typical. If we LOVE a show, it’s pretty much the kiss of death … it’s almost always cancelled. Ugh. I’d better stop watching TV before I jinx another great show! :-/

Valerie August 28, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I loved this show! My husband and I ( are in the demographic age group) would look forward to watching it together! Part of the hesitancy on viewers part might be because anytime you get “hooked on” watching a pilot and really like it…the network cancels the show…case in point! Additionally it might now have rebounded in ratings because they moved it around so much that you couldn’t figure out when it was coming on!!!

Kikr August 23, 2011 at 10:57 am

This show was awesome! Characters with character, no wonder it got cancelled. I agree with the previous posts….hope another network picks it up and put it on DVD.

Bam August 17, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I wish they would bring Chase back. It is an Awesome show.
Please put the episodes on DVD. I would buy it.
You really screwed up when you cancelled this show.
Bam

Koneal39 August 13, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I loved this show. My entire family watched this show every week together. It was like a family trip. I hope some other network picks it up.

ANM July 28, 2011 at 11:29 am

I agree with all the other bloggers… This is ridiculous, I loved this show… I couldn’t wait till the next when it came on. I too really wanted to see what happened with Annie & Jimmy.. Also Daisy. It was an all around good show… It’s crazy!!!!