Chase: NBC Series Finally Cancelled, No Season Two

Chase canceled season twoWe all knew it was coming but now the peacock network has made it official. Chase has been cancelled after one abbreviated season on the air and won’t be back for season two.

Chase follows US Marshall Annie Frost (Kelli Giddish) as she heads up the Houston Enforcement & Apprehension Task Force. Annie and her team (played by Cole Hauser, Amaury Nolasco, Rose Rollins, and Jesse Metcalfe) hunt down America’s most dangerous fugitives.

When it debuted in September, Chase scored mediocre ratings at best and things went quickly downhill from there. On Monday nights, Chase averaged just a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic and a meager 5.44 million viewers. When the series moved to Wednesday nights in 2011, the ratings only got worse and it became the lowest-rated scripted series on the network.

TV show supportIn February, NBC pulled the show off the air but wouldn’t say that it was cancelled. Still, we all knew the writing was on the wall. There were five episodes left unaired and last month, the peacock network began burning them off on Saturday nights. If there were any hopes left, the Saturday ratings reports dashed them. New episodes of Chase typically don’t perform any better than reruns of other NBC shows.

The peacock network has now made the cancellation official. Episode 17 airs tonight and the series finale of Chase airs next Saturday night at 8pm.

What do you think? Will you miss watching Chase? Why do you think the series struggled right from the start?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our NBC cancel/renew page.

Mark Annette June 29, 2012 at 7:00 am

i think it was a really good show an shud carry on, chase was sumthing to luk forward to watch it was exciting an unpredicable

Kevin June 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I think its a damn shame they took off a very good entertaining show!!!!

ratings might have been low, but never the less it was just as good as watching

America’s Most wanted. I know it won’t happen but i hope they try for one more season!!

maybe a special one night only and get another vote…..

Adam May 23, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Thought it was brilliant in your face action happens every time i enjoy a series always gets cancelled who invented ratings anyways

forest April 12, 2012 at 3:24 pm

just to say that I DO like the show, sorry it has to be canceled.
CHASE team I am with you!

George B. Feist (DUKE) March 10, 2012 at 11:17 pm

My wife and I enjoyed CHASE, but its nice to see she is still on TV on the Law & Order Special Victims now.

Chris February 9, 2012 at 11:25 am

i loved the show its a shame

phil wright January 26, 2012 at 8:06 am

i personally loved the program my wife and i were avid fans over her in england and yet another series we have enjoyed has been cancelled like lie to me and for me personally no ordinary family and yet shows like boardwalk empire which is so boring i fell asleep watching first 3 episodes and then gave up . id really like to know who the hell decides to air potentially great programmes on night no one watches making it doomed to fail instead of giving it a chance and airing it a the weekends i personally work nights but its one of the few programmes i had on my sky+ planner along with 24 lie to me bones to name but a few

Tara January 17, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I really like this show. I was looking forward to the next season :(

Sharon December 16, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I hate that it got can’d…I actually loved the show and all the cast members. Its alot better than most of the NBC shows. It never fails when they have a great show it ends up getting can’d because they put it up against something better on one of the other channels. Maybe USA network or ION needs to buy the show like they did Flashpoint which is an awesome show but CBS just couldn’t get any where with it….Cole Hauser is the bomb.

Christel November 21, 2011 at 10:52 am

I’m also disapointed this a great serie with a good story!
I have seen them all and i wish there where more!
I think its one of the best!!!

XxC

Rebecca November 7, 2011 at 10:26 am

I can’t believe they canceled the show!! I loved watching this!! God, why do all he shows I like watching have to be cancelled??!

Judy November 2, 2011 at 10:06 am

I am sooooo happy this pile of crap was cancelled. Giddish is no leading man tho he tries. Poor writers. Poor acting. Poor excuse for a show.

Anonymous January 13, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Kelly Giddish is a woman, and played Annie Frost!

Les October 31, 2011 at 8:32 pm

This was a solid show. My wife and I enjoyed all the episodes. It would be nice to see it return sometime.

Smith October 29, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I loved this show and am so sad it’s been canceled.

FC October 29, 2011 at 11:57 am

I am soooo disapointed I love this show and where can i watch the last five episodes !!!!????