Chase: Final Five Episodes of NBC TV Series to Air

Canceled ChaseAfter an unsuccessful run on Monday and Wednesday nights, NBC pulled Chase from the primetime schedule in January. It was the latest bit of bad news for fans of the show. After giving the series a full season order for 22 installments in October, NBC cut the series back to 18 episodes in December. By the time it was pulled, only 13 episodes had aired and they averaged a very poor 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic and just 5.26 million viewers.

Though the peacock network has not officially cancelled Chase, it’s impossible to imagine that they’d renew it for a second season with such poor ratings. Still, there is some good news on the horizon.

NBC has decided to burn off the remaining five installments on Saturday nights at 8pm, beginning April 23rd. Here’s the network description for episodes 14 and 15:

“FATHER FIGURE” — A ROGUE COP PREYS ON VULNERABLE VICTIMS AND ATTEMPTS TO OUTWIT THE U.S. MARSHALS –ERIC MABIUS (“UGLY BETTY”) GUEST STARS–A corrupt police officer, Justin Tate (guest star Eric Mabius), preys on single mothers in an attempt to get close to their young daughters. The U.S. Marshals work to stay two steps ahead of Tate, even casting U.S. Marshal Annie Frost (Kelli Giddish) as a ploy to lure him in. The case brings up raw emotions for Daisy (Rose Rollins) while Luke (Jesse Metcalfe) is involved in an internal investigation that could potentially indict Jimmy (Cole Hauser) and Marco (Amaury Nolasco).

“SEVEN YEARS” — THE U.S. MARSHALS TRAIL A PRISON ESCAPEE SEEKING REVENGE– The U.S. Marshals hunt for prison escapee David Bottner (guest star Jason Butler Harner) who launches his own desperate search for evidence of his innocence. He leads Annie (Kelli Giddish) and Jimmy (Cole Hauser) through the horrific events that sealed his seven-year jail sentence, resulting in a twisted outcome. Reeling from a previous emotional case, Daisy (Rose Rollins) unearths a hidden vice, which lands her in some trouble she might not be able to recover from. Also starring: Jesse Metcalfe (Luke Watson) and Amaury Nolasco (Marco Martinez)

TV show supportThough NBC hasn’t released a schedule that far in advance, it looks like the finale will air on May 21st. NBC will hold their upfront meeting for advertisers on May 16th and announce their upcoming schedule. We’ll know for sure that Chase has been cancelled before or by that date.

What do you think? Are you glad to see Chase is returning, even for just a handful of episodes? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on?

Kelly April 25, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I love this show. PLEASE renew this for another season! This is one of the few shows I actually faithfully watch and was upset when I thought it was cancelled. Come on NBC you have many other shows that deserve to be removed from your schedule instead of Chase!

Gary Burton May 14, 2011 at 9:20 pm

As is always the case with the networks, they don’t give a rat’s ass what there viewers “like or enjoy watching, they only care about how many asses sit in front of the tv sets that are monitored for their percentage ratings.$$$$$$$$$ hear the cha – ching,
They just proved the same point, NBC that is with the SyFy hit Stargate Universe, canceled, so they could bring us more non SyFy related shows. Amazing!!!

Now you know how many holes it takes to fill the NBC Hall!!!!

susan April 25, 2011 at 4:45 pm

The show did not get any great advertisments.. NBC did not promote the show properly.
They should have set up interviews on different talk shows etc… maybe then it woul pick up in ratings.. I love the show!!

Amanda April 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm

PLEASE keep this show on the air. We need more entertainment than just game shows or the always stupid, reality tv. This is a great show and needs better advertising and a consistant day and time to let people know when it’s on. Please renew Chase and give it a great time slot so people can see it! Thank you!

Renee April 25, 2011 at 10:12 am

Please don’t cancel this show. Its an excellent show and my husband and I have been hooked from the first. Saturday is a series killer. Put the show on Thursday or Friday night. You guys always cancel the great shows.

Todd April 25, 2011 at 9:04 am

Really like the show, I think NBC needs to give it a chance.

Romona April 25, 2011 at 8:21 am

this is a good show. maybe it would work better on lifetime or tnt

andrew April 25, 2011 at 6:02 am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE CHASE A SECOND SEASON CHANCE I REALLY LIKE THE ACTION AND THE ACTORS ARE AMAZING. I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF NEW COP SHOWS OUT THERE BUT TO BE HONEST THIS IS ACTUALLY ONE OF THE GOOD ONES I LOVE TO WATCH REGULARY EACH WEEK. I REALLY HOPE IT KEEPS GOING.

Corey Tower April 25, 2011 at 2:00 am

I love Chase! I was watched the first episode and have been hooked on it ever since. I got my entire suite in my college dorm to watch it to. I hope it doesn’t get canceled!

lorie April 24, 2011 at 9:55 pm

iam really dissapointed the show is going off the air, i personally loved the show, and wish it had been given a chance.

tami morris April 24, 2011 at 6:27 pm

CHASE IS THE BEST SHOW AND I AM SO SAD IT MIGHT BE CANCELLED. THE ADVERTISEMENT WAS NOT VERY GOOD FOR IT AND TOUGH COMPETITORS ON THOSE NIGHTS BUT IT IS A GOOOOD SHOW I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO IT. PLEASE KEEP IN ON I CANNOT WAIT TO BUY THE SEASONS

Tammy April 24, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Love the show! I am so glad to be able to see the episodes that are coming up and really hope the show gets renewed for next year.

Denise April 24, 2011 at 3:54 pm

It should be renewed. Hopefully NBC will pick it up!! Great show.

diane April 24, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I really LOVE the show!! I think NBC should give it more time and continue the series as there is much potential in it. I’m sure it will pick up more viewers if it will be given another season and more advertisement as it is barely advertised in our country. I really hope it gets renewed. One of the best new shows this year!

jimmyjam58 April 24, 2011 at 3:09 pm

NBC, please give “Chase” an honest chance. This is an obscure diamond in a field of trash reality TV.

Sherl April 24, 2011 at 12:47 pm

We really like Chase…GLad they decided to show the remaining show…
We would love to see it continue…we really enjoy it.