Chase: TV Series Pre-Empted Tonight, Returns Next Week

ChaseIf you were looking forward to watching Chase tonight on NBC — well, sorry. The episode’s been pre-empted by yet another two-hour edition of Minute to Win It. As you may recall, the network did the same thing back on January 12th.

Tonight’s edition of Minute to Win It is called “Kids Rule” and will air from 8-10pm. “Father Figure,” the 14th episode of Chase that was supposed to air tonight, has been rescheduled for next Wednesday, February 9th.

Chase has been struggling in the ratings, first on Monday nights and now on Wednesdays. It’s currently the lowest-rated scripted series on NBC, averaging just a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.54 million total viewers.

TV show supportNBC ordered a full 22 episode season back in October but the network cut that order back to 18 installments in December.

Counting next week’s episode, there are five installments of Chase left in this season. It’s not expected to be renewed for a second year.

Tiwiya February 9, 2011 at 7:24 pm

DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE. DON’T CANCEL CHASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cuellars From Texas February 9, 2011 at 7:04 pm

We live in South Texas, and we LOVE our show Chase. We look forward to it every week it is our favorite show. Please keep it on. We don’t know how you get your ratings but this is a great show with excellent writing.We could go on.

Amy February 9, 2011 at 5:34 pm

PLEASE don’t cancel this show!!!!! I love it! It has sweeps characters and is much better than some dumb game show. I’m so disappointed it’s not on tonight I’m just going to bed!

B.C. February 9, 2011 at 7:30 am

I’m disappointed with the network because all the shows I like gets canceled for stupid game shows or reality junk. If you cancel a show at least put something that would improve the minds of the youth that you are so interested in entertaining. Those reality shows are not in the least good for our kids to see.

Victoria February 8, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Put it on opposite (CHASE) something besides American Idol. PLEASE!! Canceling this show is such a disappointment. Come on–Please please reconsider. Annie Chase is amazing–with a HOT cast! Please–don’t do this to your viewers–Heck–I’d campaign for your network! I have every episode on DVR. Please??!!

Annie February 8, 2011 at 5:41 pm

I found this show late bc I never knew it existed. And when I found it, I fell IN LOVE with it. I adore Annie Frost and the relationships between all of the characters. I wish it was given a chance. If Walker, Texas Ranger can be a success, why not this show? It is even more interesting with characters that I like to watch! Please give it another chance!

Cassie February 7, 2011 at 9:39 pm

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THE SHOW! It’s one of my new favorite shows! The only problem is the fact that the show didn’t get enough advertisement for people to know it exists!!!!!!

donna February 7, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I love this show and look forward to seeing Annie Frost..move it to Sunday nites..there is nothing worth watching on Sundays..saw 9.oo pm??

moon February 4, 2011 at 12:15 am

i just love the show; the chemistry between annie and jimmy. PLEASE don’t cancel this show.PLEASE…….!

banana February 2, 2011 at 7:27 pm

CHASE needs to stay on, yes it might be cheesy, but the last 2 episodes showed a huge improvement on acting and a very good story line! Annie is great, I love the female empowerment!

Ana February 2, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Too bad because if NBC really wanted the series to survive, they would not make it to compete with stupid American Idol. You have to give Chase another chance and the show has to be moved to a different day and time to survive first in other to compete with other shows on ratings.

Bruce February 2, 2011 at 5:22 pm

18-49. 18.49. MY MONE”S NO GOOD?

mrsports February 2, 2011 at 1:14 pm

pre-empted by “Minute to Win-It”?, really?… I enjoy this show but once again, the alphabet networks screw around with the show air-dates and make me not interested… thank goodness for DVR…

Zabster February 2, 2011 at 12:57 pm

every day it seems like Minute to win it is on. It’s an interesting game show but….Too much is not a good thing! I used to like wanna be a millionarie until it was on all the time. You can’t preempt everything to run one show.

Joe February 2, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Shame that another show I like isn’t going to be back for a 2nd season. It’s even worse that it got bumped tonight for that awful game show minute to win it.