Chicago Fire: NBC Orders Another Additional Episode

chicago fire tv showLast week, I reported that NBC had ordered one more episode of Chicago Fire, bringing the season total to 23. Well, they’ve now ordered another additional episode so fans will now get 24 installments.

The new drama got off to a mediocre start last October and then dropped in subsequent weeks, falling as low as a 1.4 demo rating with 4.87 million total viewers in December.

It looked like Chicago Fire might be headed for cancellation but, in 2013, the ratings have really turned around. The first episode of 2013 drew a 2.4 rating with 8.54 million, series highs in both categories. That doesn’t happen very often.

While the rest of the episodes this year haven’t done quite as well, it’s becoming one of the few bright spots on NBC’s schedule.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that there’s yet another new episode on the way?

Deb April 10, 2013 at 9:04 pm

My husband was a fire fighter for 36 yrs…and we LOVE THIS SHOW..watch it faithfully every week…It could easily become another long term Mega Show….Like NCIS .
This show offers NBC an opportunity to success.
Deb

Robin March 20, 2013 at 11:23 pm

DO NOT cancel Chicago Fire! It is by far my absolute FAVORITE TV show on and of all time! I love it! Everyone of the characters are perfect! Normally, I’d like to change one or two of them, but NOT this show! PLEASE, renew! There is NO reason not to!

Mary February 28, 2013 at 8:34 am

I love this show and hope that it is not cancelled. One of the best new shows on TV.

Carol February 27, 2013 at 11:52 pm

AMAZING SHOW!!! I have been watching from the beginning. I will be extremely disappointed if NBC decides to discontinue. I love this show. my daughter and her fiance watched it with me the end of Jan, now they wont miss a show! NBC keep the episodes coming.

Wm. R. Bouma February 16, 2013 at 11:44 am

This show has the possibility of becoming the best show on TV if they continue to show more actual firefighting scenes, thereby keeping it true to the profession and away from ‘Rescue Me’ (which started out great but declined in quality).

J February 16, 2013 at 12:00 am

It is hard for me to fall in live with a tv show like I did with the Office, but I do like Chicago Fire. Mainly because I respect firefighters. You can call me a hater and every name in hone book but I am creeped out by gays so whenever Shay talks about her girlfriend it wierds me out. I think Shay and Kelly would make a good match if she weren’t gay and Dawson and Casey should get together. (Please note: this comment is only an opinion. If you don’t agree with it move on!)

Nalin February 12, 2013 at 3:18 am

AMAZING SHOW. Finally, something great on TV. NBC better not cancel it, otherwise they would be out of their minds. It is original, heartwarming, different, and incredibly interesting.

Allison February 10, 2013 at 12:32 pm

This show is great. I live for Wednesday nights when it comes on. They will have to be out of their minds if they cancel this show.

dido13 February 8, 2013 at 7:21 pm

One of the VERY FEW good shows on TV right now, do not cancel this show !!! We agree with you Ed, well said !!!!

joe February 8, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Great show,do not cancel!

Felix February 8, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Excellent show, and being from Chicago makes more exciting. Sorry to see the kid Ernie die in the fire, after all the help given to him by the Chief. The sub plots have to be expanded and worked out, like the bad cop Voight will be back in the next episode. The new bar owners are in over their heads, and will the Lieutenant’s recently parolled Mother behave. Brought back memories of Emergency One, and Backdraft…

joe February 8, 2013 at 3:24 pm

if they cancel show their out of their minds,great show!!!!!

Georgia February 8, 2013 at 2:49 pm

GREAT SHOW! GLAD THAT THEY ARE GIVING IT A CHANCE!

Ed February 8, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I seriously think if NBC does not renew this show, they are idiots. It is quality TV at it’s finest.

Joyce W February 8, 2013 at 11:52 am

Great news. Since a lot of other shows have been cancelled. Such as 666 Park Avenue, Private Practice. At least NBC is using common sense.

Teressa February 7, 2013 at 11:46 pm