Chicago Fire: NBC Orders Another Episode

Chicago FireThere’s a little good news for NBC’s Chicago Fire. The network has ordered one more episode of the freshman drama, bringing the season total to 23 installments.

Revolving around a group of brave firefighters and paramedics in the Windy City, Chicago Fire debuted in October and features the talents of Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, Charlie Barnett, Monica Raymund, Lauren German, Eamonn Walker, David Eigenberg, and Teri Reeves.

The show debuted to a disappointing 1.9 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 6.61 million viewers and then dropped 20% in week two.

The show’s ratings have gone up and down over the course of the season but have been inching upward, particularly in the new year. Chicago Fire hit a series high on January 2nd, garnering a 2.42 demo rating with 8.54 million.

While it seemed like a longshot for renewal early on, it looks pretty certain that Chicago Fire will see a second season.

What do you think? Do you like Chicago Fire? When did you start watching — at the beginning or later on?

Lynn March 7, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I have loved this show from the very beginning! The story lines, action and cast are amazing. This the by far the best show on NBC since ER. Please renew it for a 2nd season. I would be severely depressed if I did not get to see all my hot sexy firefighters on Wednesdays.

Lisa Caywood March 7, 2013 at 7:55 pm

My husband being a fireman told me about this show. He said it was the closest to reality of the fire dept. I absolutely love it! Can’t wait for it to come on every week and I even watch the re-runs! I only watch 1 show on t.v. and this is it! :-)

Tracy March 7, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I have watched the show from day 1 and have not missed an episode. I absolutely love this show! I would be so sad if this show went off air. I look forward to my Wednesday nights.

Nancy March 7, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I love, love, love “Chicago Fire”. It’s the very best television show ever. I can’t wait for Wednesday’s because of this wonderful show. I cried when Ernie died and felt so sorry for Chief Bowden because I know he cared so much for him. I love all the characters on this amazing show . Thank you to everyone responsible for making this incredible “Chicago Fire”.

chicago fire fan March 7, 2013 at 5:55 pm

i stated a little into it maybe in the 4th week but i love it and so dose my sister and my father who are also firefighters…

Wilma March 2, 2013 at 9:57 am

Love this show but did not start watching until late, hope it is renewed and I want to watch reruns so I can see what I missed.

Martha B. February 7, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I didn’t start watching CF early in the shows…..Had to catch up via web…..But NOW I try to NEVER miss an episode…..The characters are so interesting and each has their own thing going on,,,,So, I love it!!!!

Ken February 6, 2013 at 11:50 pm

I really hoped Chicago Fire would become and remain an exceptional drama about firefighting….but, alas, once again in disappointment, I see only another weekly series about romance, straights, and gays ( which, yes I do realize is part of firefighter’s lives). Less and less with fighting fires, but more soap opera lives. It amazes me that even a scene where two women engage in oral satisfaction just had to be a part of the show….I wonder if the producers ever figured out that the 97% of the people watching their shows really don’t care to see the movies appease the 3% that are gay, at any rate, or lack of ratings, time will perhaps show them and all struggeling X Giant entertainment media companies, that 3% will not sustain you, and 97% can and will be your demise, BOTTOM LINE: Successful businesses cater to majority clientel, not the minority. If you are producing a show about firefighting….then keep it about firefighting, not typical soap opera second rate film agendas.

kripa February 4, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I love this show. I hope they have more coming. Please tell me ..

Ctown fire February 3, 2013 at 1:36 am

Been watching since season premier and I think Wolf knocked this one way out of the park ill even forgive him for losing Stabler in SVU but bring him back and the show will never die. For Chicago Fire I think it’s worth every penny NBC has and they know its a killer cast with amazing mind jerks! Love it

M.Brewster February 2, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Sorry for the few typos in my comments. I could figure how to edit what I already submitted.

M.Brewster February 2, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I didn’t like the first episode. I kept giving it a
chance. The more I watch it, the more I like it.
There has been more character development. My only
complaints are that there seems to be too many characters and
and the episodes seem to have a redundant formula..characters interact..fire
or emergency…characters interact..fire or emergency.. They should mix
it up some more ot have episodes like the Law and
Order franchise were the focus is on one case
Or major event. I like the show now so I hope
they don’t cancel it.

Vonda Garner February 2, 2013 at 2:01 pm

We love it!!! will continue to watch it every week in its current and second season!!!

susanbeee February 2, 2013 at 3:35 am

Great s how i hope it gets renewed

Karryl February 2, 2013 at 12:00 am

Love it! I DVR it every week with anticipation!