Chicago Fire: Season Two Ratings

Chicago Fire season two ratingsLast season, it looked like Chicago Fire was going to be cancelled but then the ratings started to perk up. NBC renewed it for a second season and gave it an incredibly strong lead-in, The Voice. Will it become a hit or end up being cancelled instead? Time will tell.

As the title suggests, Chicago Fire follows the personal and professional lives of those working for the Chicago Fire Department. The cast includes Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, Charlie Barnett, Monica Raymund, Lauren German, Eamonn Walker, and David Eigenberg.

3/19 update: NBC has renewed this show for the 2014-15 season.

Final season averages: 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.46 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The first season of Chicago Fire averaged a 1.8 rating in the demo and 6.59 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Chicago Fire TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Nicole December 4, 2013 at 7:53 am

Absolutely LOVE Chicago Fire! You need to keep it, canceling it would be so painful. Please give it another season…. another chance.

Emily December 4, 2013 at 12:15 am

We really like Chicago fire. It’s nice to have a good fast moving drama that doesn’t focus on the vermin of society and the evil in our world. Nice to watch Heros. Please don’t cancel it!

Christina O December 3, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Love Chicago Fire!!!! I will be so upset if it’s cancelled!!!

Vicky December 3, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I really hope this show is renewed, I absolutely LOVE it!!! One of the best shows I’ve ever seen, no lie. Please do NOT cancel it!!! I know the fall season fanale is next week but is there really going to be that Chicago PD in its place? As you can see clearly, millions of people truly enjoy watching Chicago Fire and it would be such a shame if it got cancelled… So once again, I really hope it keeps running for several more seasons!!!

John W Crawford III December 3, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Please don’t cancel Chicago Fire it is the best show on right now please NBC its a great show!!

Kelly B December 3, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Please keep Chicago Fire! It’s my Favorite show.

Anonymous December 3, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I love the show bring it back for a third season

Heartofdixie November 20, 2013 at 7:42 am

Love this show should stay on for many more seasons

Angela November 6, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Chicago Fire is the BEST show on NBC. I hope it runs for many more seasons… I can’t wait for each new episode every week. Keep ‘em coming please!!!!

Kate Fredericks October 23, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Sad to see this wonderful show’s numbers sagging! There really are few shows worth spending valuable time on these days, and Chicago Fire is worth it! Yes, it gets a bit soapy at times. I also admit that there are some inconsistencies in the scripts from week to week. But my favorite episodes are the ones which revolve around either a house or building fire or stories that follow the ambulance squad calls. Admittedly, I have noticed the series focusing less on the disasters and the people involved and consequences, and more on the love lives or corruption issues inside the house. The series needs to get back to what drew me to it in the first place. Dick Wolf needs to read this comment and get back to what made his Law & Orders such great hits! I’d rather this show continue a few more years. Mr. Wolf, you have a hit here, get back to what attracted people to it. The scene from A Coffin That Small about a gang harassing the Fire House and a little boy who wanted to be a fireman when he grew up dies as he gets trapped in a garbage shoot is pure genius as, in a show of respect and an example for the gang, the crew all stand outside in full uniforms, the snow falling and covering them as they stand in full salute when the limo with the mother inside rides by after the funeral. This was the episode that turned me from casual watcher to full fan because it was a powerful scene that had me in tears. THAT’S where the show needs to get back to and I hope it does!

DenaH October 23, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Please leave this show i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbee October 10, 2013 at 6:00 pm

love Chicago Fire… agree with Georgia… making women in losers rather than cool single women trying to make it with dignity and courage.
Taylor Kinney very hot…. they should BEEF UP his roll…if u know what I mean. he is sensual and manly but not phony or whimsy…. make him the star
make the bar successful… it should not be a dud so quickly….

Chicago is a fun city…. show that side too

Heather October 5, 2013 at 3:22 am

I hope Chicago Fire doesn’t cancelled from NBC and i hope they renewed for 3rd season.

georgia morgan October 2, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Love Chicago Fire. Oh, my gosh, so many hunks on one show & they are all excellent actors. However, I totally hate the relationship between Jesse Spencer & the EMT — it just doesn’t work & the writers need to fix that relationship. The gal needs to be with someone else & quit following Jesse’s character around like a lost puppy. The writers make her look so completely desperate that it is just irritating to watch her. Love Taylor Kinney & his roommate -love their relationship. Love , love David Eigenberg — he’s always perfect. The writers must rework all of the female characters & stop writing them as lonely, desperate women who only need a man to make their lives relevant. Ugh! Keep this show alive by rewriting the roles of the female characters. I totally enjoy the action & drama of Chicago Fire!!!

vp44 September 25, 2013 at 10:33 pm

I hope they keep Chicago Fire, I love it totally as I do the Voice, since Ceelo & Christina are back, now it is the way it be ALWAYS!!!!!

Connie December 3, 2013 at 11:14 pm