Chicago Fire

NBC TV show Chicago FireNetwork: NBC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 10, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, Lauren German, Monica Raymund, Charlie Barnett, Teri Reeves, David Eigenberg and Eamonn Walker.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series provides a look into the lives of the everyday heroes who are committed to one of America’s noblest professions. For the firefighters, rescue squad and paramedics of Chicago Firehouse 51, no occupation is more stressful or dangerous, yet so rewarding and exhilarating. These courageous men and women are among the elite who forge headfirst into danger when everyone else is running the other way and whose actions make the difference between life and death.

The pressure to perform on such a high level has a way of taking a personal toll, sometimes putting team members from the Truck and the specially trained Rescue Squad at odds with each other. Despite any differences, this is an extended family, and when it’s “go time,” everyone inside Firehouse 51 knows no other way than to lay it all on the line for each other. When a tragedy claims one of their own, there’s plenty of guilt and blame to go around.

Matthew Casey (Jesse Spencer) is a strong, intuitive lieutenant who is in charge of the Truck. He’s still coming to grips with the loss of one of his men and, unbeknownst to his colleagues, is in the midst of a separation from Hallie (Teri Reeves), a hospital resident.

Matthew butts heads with brash Lieutenant Kelly Severide (Taylor Kinney) of the Rescue Squad. Each blames the other for their fallen team member.

Others in the firehouse include Battalion Chief Wallace Boden (Eamonn Walker), a fireman’s fireman who is confronted by important personal decisions; paramedics Gabriela Dawson (Monica Raymund) and Leslie Shay (Lauren German), who share a close bond and team together to face some of the most harrowing situations imaginable; Peter Mills (Charlie Barnett), an academy graduate who is the latest generation in a family of firefighters; and Christopher Herrmann (David Eigenberg), a seasoned veteran who loses his home to foreclosure and now must uproot his family to move in with his in-laws.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space

What do you think? Do you like the Chicago Fire TV series on NBC? Do you think it should be canceled or renewed for another season?

Tammy November 28, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Why is my FAVORITE show Chicago Fire not on tonight:( I wait all week for this night !!!

cjcody2010 November 25, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I’m crossing my fingers that they keep Chicago Fire on the air after the first season. Amazing writing, as to be expected from Dick Wolf, and equally amazing actors. It’s just one of those shows that has a storyline so captivating that it sucks you in and holds until the end. Not something you find too often. Just an absolutely amazing show.

j giles November 22, 2012 at 9:37 am

I love this show. Characters are great. Especially, Kelly. Great to see firefighters portrayed in everyday life. Last nights show at the end was especially good in revealing how a firefighter deals with every day life and dealing with the good and bad of the job. Good to see how firefighters have two families and are truly a brother/sisterhood. Definitely hope it is renewed. Too many ridiculous reality shows.

Alice Biller November 18, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Definately “RENEW” Chicago Fire! It’s totally awesome!!!…The show is starting to really ramp up & getting more & more exciting!!!…It’s getting so exciting that I have become addicted to “Chicago Fire”…that beats being addicted to drugs…so keep it going & going & going…Some people don’t like the extra that goes on behind after the fighting of fires & that’s the life of each fire fighter…I love the stories that deals with each member of the fire department…makes for more excitement…My brother was a volunteer fireman in a small Texas town of 6,000 people & they had a life beyond fighting fires…why do some people think firemen have nothing do but fight fires…they do have a personal life & I love that Chicago Fire showsus some of that in the tv show every Wednesday night…it would be boring if they didn’t…I agree with Nito that Networks should get rid of those stupid reality shows…”I totally hate thoses reality shows, they are horrible!!!…some are so000000 fake! I watched some of them to see what they were like & not one did I ever make past the 15 minute mark…total crap!!!…GIVE ME & ALL OF THE “CHICAGO FIRE” FANS A VERY LONG LONG RUN ON CHICAGO FIRE…A TOTALLY AWESOME & WONDERFUL SHOW!!!…I guess you have to know a fireman personally to really be into the show…I happen to know that the guys who were fireman in that little town in Texas…totally love Chicago Fire…Keep it coming…pretty please….do not cancel Chicago Fire because there is a 9 out of 10 chance that a stupid piece of crap show would be put in it’s spot…Do Not Cancel!!!…too many good shows have already been cancelled & replaced with nothing but crap!!!…There is only a handful of good shows left on tv…So leave “Chicago Fire” alone & let it stay for a very very long long time!!! Alice, a devoted “Chicago Fire” fan…!!!

R Myers November 10, 2012 at 1:09 am

My wife and I really like this show….has lots of realism, but so much better than these “so-called” reality shows (all staged) on TV today. Keep it going NBC!

Bill Floyd November 6, 2012 at 5:21 pm

The ‘everyday’ characters are 12 year old adolescents – don’t want my son or daughter to date them or be them

I guess society has tanked since Hill Street

Anne Levy October 29, 2012 at 4:31 am

I really enjoy Chicago Fire!
Much better than The Glades!

nito October 26, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I love this show. Do not cancel. Try cancelling some of those dumb reality shows, as they suck.

Retired Police Officer October 25, 2012 at 3:11 am

Chicago Fire is terrible ! Thats it theres nothing else to say really !

cheryl October 14, 2012 at 12:17 pm

This show is just so hollywood I think this show should be cancelled..

Retired Fire Inspector October 14, 2012 at 7:00 am

“Chicago Fire” is junk, period. The lack of even basic safety procedures, unprofessional radio chatter enroute to a scene, smoking in the firehouse and on the rigs, and the woeful dialog made me stop watching after less than 15 minutes. This show is little more than a group of sex-starved high schoolers in a firehouse. NBC should cancel this now.

Ryan October 11, 2012 at 10:12 pm

As a medic myself, I feel the idea of the story line hit close to home for me. Now I would be calling out Becks Triad on scene or anything, however the show has potential. Dial down the textbook lingo and stick to the field verbiage that tv watchers can understand to make it entertaining to the Fire/Resue family as well as all that sing us praise after there time in need.

As a side note, if a tv show were to show what we REALLY see in the field, do you really think anyone would watch it? I think not. I wouldn’t want to relive some of the worse calls I have been on. There’s no way tv Joe could handle it knowing it was just a show.

Just food for thought for the ones that thought negative about the opening to this series.

TCH October 11, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Just finish watching this pathetic representative for Chicago Fire service, being a paramedic I would not want these paramedics treating me,and the fire service personnel are not much better. Either make it more what EMS and Fire people really do or this one will be added to long list of inaccurate depiction. I give one month before it is cancelled,so much potential but I do not see it improving.

Deidre October 11, 2012 at 9:41 am

Absolutely gorgeous guys. Hope it is a success. Not a good nite for tv for me but I’ll watch when I can. Production much superior to Glades and looks wise can give Jim a run for his money. Still like Jim & Callie together. IMHO they are the strength of the show.

am October 10, 2012 at 8:02 pm

renewed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sg October 10, 2012 at 8:03 pm

please renew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pt October 11, 2012 at 7:39 pm

If you want to make this show worth watching, make it more like the old tv series Emergency. Now thats a good show about firemen. It’s on ME tv.

Retired Police Officer October 25, 2012 at 3:13 am

Sorry I dont agree, chicago fire is awfull & Glades is superb !