Chicago Fire

NBC TV show Chicago FireNetwork: NBC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 10, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, Lauren German, Monica Raymund, Charlie Barnett, Teri Reeves, David Eigenberg and Eamonn Walker.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series provides a look into the lives of the everyday heroes who are committed to one of America’s noblest professions. For the firefighters, rescue squad and paramedics of Chicago Firehouse 51, no occupation is more stressful or dangerous, yet so rewarding and exhilarating. These courageous men and women are among the elite who forge headfirst into danger when everyone else is running the other way and whose actions make the difference between life and death.

The pressure to perform on such a high level has a way of taking a personal toll, sometimes putting team members from the Truck and the specially trained Rescue Squad at odds with each other. Despite any differences, this is an extended family, and when it’s “go time,” everyone inside Firehouse 51 knows no other way than to lay it all on the line for each other. When a tragedy claims one of their own, there’s plenty of guilt and blame to go around.

Matthew Casey (Jesse Spencer) is a strong, intuitive lieutenant who is in charge of the Truck. He’s still coming to grips with the loss of one of his men and, unbeknownst to his colleagues, is in the midst of a separation from Hallie (Teri Reeves), a hospital resident.

Matthew butts heads with brash Lieutenant Kelly Severide (Taylor Kinney) of the Rescue Squad. Each blames the other for their fallen team member.

Others in the firehouse include Battalion Chief Wallace Boden (Eamonn Walker), a fireman’s fireman who is confronted by important personal decisions; paramedics Gabriela Dawson (Monica Raymund) and Leslie Shay (Lauren German), who share a close bond and team together to face some of the most harrowing situations imaginable; Peter Mills (Charlie Barnett), an academy graduate who is the latest generation in a family of firefighters; and Christopher Herrmann (David Eigenberg), a seasoned veteran who loses his home to foreclosure and now must uproot his family to move in with his in-laws.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space

What do you think? Do you like the Chicago Fire TV series on NBC? Do you think it should be canceled or renewed for another season?

Melissa Brown September 25, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Chicago is a very good show and I think it should keep running. I love it and does mykids.

Debbie N. September 23, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Please don’t cancel Chicago Fire or Chicago PD as both are really great shows!!!

marian bauman September 24, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I love Chicago Fire. Hope it continues. Have been looking fo it since it’s no been televised. Don’t cancel chicago fire

George Priest September 22, 2014 at 11:01 pm

There have been too few shows that depict what firefighters and paramedics really do. I
have watched all of them going back to the 1960’s. This show by far comes the closest to
depicting what actually happens during some incidents. For visual purposes the fire scenes are devoid of smoke or we could not see the actors, however the portrayals are very good. I would think it would be another long dry spell if this series were cancelled before another fireman show came along that equaled this one.

Marcia September 22, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Love this show….today there are many shows that are empty but Chicago Fire is a great show with a fabulous cast!!

Debbie September 11, 2014 at 9:05 pm

There are so many shows on tv that have no meaning behind them, then you have Chicago Fire, and Chicago PD that make you feel the compassion and heart of what it must be like for the true heroes that fight and protect us all. We all get to live through the show and I can honestly say that I’m not speaking for just myself when I say ” DON’T CANCEL THE BEST THING ON TV–CHICAGO FIRE”

Joan Hennecken September 9, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Please do not cancel Chicago Fire or Chicago PD, two of my favorite shows

Joan Fallon September 9, 2014 at 12:36 pm

If you cancel Chicago Fire or Chicago PD I will stop watching NBC. Two of the best shows on TV

Joan Grego September 8, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Please do not cancel Chicago Fire. It is one of the best shows on TV.

Kathy September 8, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Do not cancel this show. This show is one of the great ones

john September 7, 2014 at 7:31 pm

please do not cancel, I love this show

Gale Bates August 28, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Do not cancel! My husband and I look forward to watching this every week.

C. Puryear August 14, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Please do not cancel either Chicago Fire or Chicago PD. These two shows do a real good job of showing what our Firemen and Policemen go through every day. It is a show my husband and I both enjoy watching together. These days it is hard to find good shows that you look forward to seeing each week.

Millie Bates August 14, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Please do not cancel Chicago Fire and Chicago PD. There are very few TV shows my husband & I look forward to watching and these are two of the best.

John Oxford August 13, 2014 at 9:13 am

Do not cancel this show. I’m hooked.

glenn johnson August 7, 2014 at 1:59 pm

do not cancel this show or Chicago PD. If you do I will come looking for you. :)