Chicago Fire

NBC TV show Chicago FireNetwork: NBC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 10, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, Lauren German, Monica Raymund, Charlie Barnett, Teri Reeves, David Eigenberg and Eamonn Walker.

TV show description:
This TV series provides a look into the lives of the everyday heroes who are committed to one of America’s noblest professions. For the firefighters, rescue squad and paramedics of Chicago Firehouse 51, no occupation is more stressful or dangerous, yet so rewarding and exhilarating. These courageous men and women are among the elite who forge headfirst into danger when everyone else is running the other way and whose actions make the difference between life and death.

The pressure to perform on such a high level has a way of taking a personal toll, sometimes putting team members from the Truck and the specially trained Rescue Squad at odds with each other. Despite any differences, this is an extended family, and when it’s “go time,” everyone inside Firehouse 51 knows no other way than to lay it all on the line for each other. When a tragedy claims one of their own, there’s plenty of guilt and blame to go around.

Matthew Casey (Jesse Spencer) is a strong, intuitive lieutenant who is in charge of the Truck. He’s still coming to grips with the loss of one of his men and, unbeknownst to his colleagues, is in the midst of a separation from Hallie (Teri Reeves), a hospital resident.

Matthew butts heads with brash Lieutenant Kelly Severide (Taylor Kinney) of the Rescue Squad. Each blames the other for their fallen team member.

Others in the firehouse include Battalion Chief Wallace Boden (Eamonn Walker), a fireman’s fireman who is confronted by important personal decisions; paramedics Gabriela Dawson (Monica Raymund) and Leslie Shay (Lauren German), who share a close bond and team together to face some of the most harrowing situations imaginable; Peter Mills (Charlie Barnett), an academy graduate who is the latest generation in a family of firefighters; and Christopher Herrmann (David Eigenberg), a seasoned veteran who loses his home to foreclosure and now must uproot his family to move in with his in-laws.

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the Chicago Fire TV series on NBC? Do you think it should be canceled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

295 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Robin Swe says

Hi I’m from Sweden and i love this show ! Both me and my brother, mother and friend watch this with intense love, and we hope with all our hart it’s stays on for a long time. Love from Sweden ! Robin

2. Anita says

Give the show a chance! This show gets better with each episode. I’m from the older generation and I along with many others of my era need shows like this. Too many decent programs are shoved to the wayside for over-kill of reality shows, that are I believe are not so real, and many senseless comedy flix that if you’ve seen one you’ve seem them all. This show take you into the lives, personal and professional of what our dedicated firefiters and EMTs are all about. Thats reality. Hats off to the Director, Produces, and Cast for bringing that to us, the other generation, who remember what good decent entertainment is all about. To quote a phrase, “Where have all the good times gone” Keep Chicago Fire, it’s one of the good ones.

wher

3. Mary says

The one show I will not miss. I’m so sick of all this reality garbage. The characters are wonderful and the plot gets better and better each week. PLEASE don’t cancel this show

4. says

One of the better dramas on television! Television has too many reality shows which are not interesting to me. I look forward to Wednesday night 10 pm viewing Chicago Fire.

5. says

Love this show it has lots of action and the actors are well suited for their roles! Really shows what our firefighters and medics go through every day!!

6. Don says

I’m a retired firefighter and I think this is the BEST SHOW on TV, can’t wait for wednesday to get here to see the next adventure, I hope this show goes on for ever !!

7. Anonymous says

Love this show. I loved Emergency when I was a kid and I love this show as an adult. My favorite show to watch all week….love my Wednesday nights.