Chicago PD: NBC Orders Two More Episodes

Chicago P.D.The peacock network is apparently happy Chicago PD, their new Dick Wolf series. NBC has just ordered two additional episodes, bringing the first season to 15 episodes.

Four episodes of Chicago PD have aired so far, averaging a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.8 million total viewers. It’s currently the network’s fourth-highest-rated scripted series. Chicago Fire is number two.

Chicago PD follows the men and women who work at the Chicago Police Department’s District 21. The cast includes Jason Beghe, Jon Seda, Jesse Lee Soffer, Sophia Bush, Patrick Flueger, LaRoyce Hawkins, Elias Koteas, Marina Squerciati, and Archie Kao.

What do you think? Do you like this Chicago Fire spin-off series?

Sara August 9, 2014 at 9:44 am

Chicago PD is an excellent show…much better than Chicago Fire which I thought was boring!

Anthony March 8, 2014 at 11:46 am

I was really impressed with Chicago PD. I wasn’t expecting it to be good but I’m glad I was wrong…I really enjoyed the show and I really like Sophia Bush. I thought she wouldn’t be good as a cop cuz of her character on that crappy show One Tree Hill but again I was wrong and Sophia Bush was great and totally believable as a cop that just goes to show that she is a really good actress…her raspy voice is so freaking hot and really goes well with being a Chicago cop. I hope Sophia Bush’s character and Jesse Lee Soffer’s character hook up cuz they have amazing chemistry together. Also to respond to Marie’s comment on diversity. It really bothers me when people make comments about a show having all white people. How come if a show that has all white people it’s considered racists or if I were to make a comment on how some shows have an all Black cast I’m racist and nobody ever makes a comment on how tv shows with an all black cast have no white people because white people are scared of being called a racist and that’s not fair cuz when shows with an all white cast comments are always being made about how there is no diversity or there are no black characters for some reason it’s ok for non white people to say anything they want about white people or all white tv shows…they can make comments about how those shows need diversity but if I being a white American make a comment about any other race especially the African American race I am a racist or if I say how come black tv shows have no white characters and if they do have a white character he/she is usually the joke of the shows I’m a racist. It’s just funny to me that all non white people can make or say anything they want about white people and it’s accepted and ok but if a white person makes a comment about a black tv show or black character and about any non white person or character we are racists. How is that fair?

angelika March 3, 2014 at 8:20 am

The best TV Shows ever . I am really liked this is great, and Sophia bush is great to she can find your self in this. All is amazing. Good work !!!!!

Lanett February 22, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I like it; great idea; terrific casting and good story line; intertwining the two is a exceptional idea!

Jessica February 18, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Chicago PD is my favorite show, hooked from the first episode. Sophia bush and jesse lee soffer have the best chemistry . Love this show.

ED February 4, 2014 at 6:01 pm

I really like Chicago PD. It does not matter about color for we are all to be community. White, black, asian, indian, etc. as long as they are good actors and actresses. I hope they keep Chicago PD on. I really like it.

Scipio February 3, 2014 at 1:40 am

I agree with Marie. We haven’t seen much diversity since Law and Order franchise and the old New York Undercover.

Rose February 2, 2014 at 8:38 am

It’s getting better.
But I was kind of surprised w/this last episode. What happened to looking for Kelly Severide’s sister who was kidnapped on Chicago Fire and then the hunt for her spilled over to the Chicago P.D. episode? No, we didn’t forget!

Pwayne February 1, 2014 at 8:14 am

I love the show….also love Chicago Fire.

Marie January 31, 2014 at 6:57 pm

I love Chicago Fire, but Chicago PD is becoming just another cookie-cutter gritty cop drama. Why must the female leads in these shows be very attractive, and surprisingly young, white females? How about some color and reality. I lived for many years in Chicago. I don’t feel the cast truly represents my city.

Fatima April 4, 2014 at 3:27 am

I agree. The lack of diversity on this show is ridiculous. and personally, I find the way that Jin is treated to be incredibly offensive as well. Like he’s the token Asian doing all the tech stuff, gets a couple of lines per episode during which he’s almost always shut down by one of the other characters and never has any kind of substantial role.