Chicago PD: Season One Ratings

Chicago PD ratingsDespite mediocre ratings, NBC renewed Chicago Fire for a second year and the numbers have improved this season. How will spin-off Chicago PD do? Will it be renewed or cancelled? Let’s wait and see.

Chicago PD follows the men and women who work at the Chicago Police Department’s District 21. The cast includes Jason Beghe, Jon Seda, Jesse Lee Soffer, Sophia Bush, Patrick Flueger, LaRoyce Hawkins, Elias Koteas, Marina Squerciati, and Archie Kao.

3/19 update: NBC has renewed this show for the 2014-15 season.

5/22 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Chicago PD TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

25 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jessica says

I would love a second season of this show. I am obsessed with the show. Love the entire cast especially Sophia and Jesse. Chicago PD is the only reason I started watching Chicago Fire. If I had to choose between the two, Chicago PD is my favorite.

2. Jason says

It’s sad, Chicago PD has SO MUCH potential to be a great drama series.. but no one will give it the chance. Since the pilot episode i have been drawn into the show & can’t get enough! The acting is good, the story lines are GREAT… i don’t see what the problem is?!

3. Lanett says

I really enjoy Chicago Fire; don’t miss a single show ( On Demand) have watched most 2 times; ! What a brilliant idea to do a spin off with Chicago PD! Great show ; looking forward to it’s future! Law and Order SVU is one of my favorite all time shows; I believe the last 2 seasons have out done themselves! I was sad to lose Law and Order Criminal Intent! I cried!!! To add “Blacklist” is exceptional also; the suspense has me anticipating with excitement! I was reading some of the posts; sounds like misunderstanding of what is taking place in Chicago PD! Which means you are doing a good job! Keep up the good work and please don’t cancel the shows! Thanks Lanett

4. Jessica Spudich says

Both shows are amazing!!!! I loved chicago fire when it first came out and now that Chicago PD is on I never miss either shows! They are so good!!! I love the plots and story lines and keeps you wanting to are the next show! Please keep it on!!! I was an extra on this show a few days ago and it was fun to see it all right infront of you!

5. Buddy Glenn says

I saw the first two episodes of CPD. I don’t care for it so far. The characters are bland; no spark. On the other hand, Chicago Fire has some interesting characters from the start. CF’s cast has good chemistry. The only part of CF I laugh about is how fast story lines are resolved. Everything is wrapped up in an episode or two. Some of the story lines could be stretched out for my dramatic purposes. Any case, like Fire; not much PD at the moment.

6. rayna says

I LOVE Chicago fire…..how could anyone not….its one of the best dramas out there….GREAT cast…..GREAT stories……..its got it all…..I look forward to this show every week……I feel like this cast is part of my family……….please don’t get rid of this show………its quality !!!!

as for Chicago pd………..I am enjoying that show too……a bit intense but still good tv…….stories & drama so far have been good but I do wish we could get more of a background on the main cop who seemed so dirty when he was on Chicago fire…..would like to see that cleared up a bit but overall like the show :)

7. Barbara says

Love John Seda but can’t figure out how the main cop (who was dirty on C.F. is now in charge of ‘special unit’ – plus we saw him take money from a bad guy already SO?? Not sure yet —- will need to watch one or two more before I decide —- IT’S BORDERLINE for me.

8. Marie says

In my opinion, they killed off the wrong officer. They left the woman with the mysterious past but killed off the one with personality.
    I’m going make a prediction that the mysterious past woman was a foster child, passed around the system until she decided enough was enough, left (or aged out of) the system and was on to a life of crime. She was quite proficient at her life of crime until…. the bad (now good) cop saved her life. If that’s her story… I’m out. That story line is played out in almost every show.
    Two of the characters on the show look so similar, I had trouble telling them apart.

9. Georgia says

Was unsure about following Voight – since he’s the dirty cop, but I liked the pilot. CPD pilot was similar to CF pilot – coworker is killed in the line of duty. Also, the character type of straight by the book/no nonsense “boss” is the same as CF. Hope they do not continue to borrow from CF scripts.

10. Why Watch says

Didn’t even know it had started. But then I don’t watch Chicago Fire. Give me the original Law and Order anytime.