Chozen

Chozen TV show on FXNetwork: FX
Episodes: 10 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: January 13, 2014 — March 31, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Bobby Moynihan, Hannibal Buress, Kathryn Hahn, Paul Iacono, Method Man, Danny McBride, Michael Peña, Nick Swardson, and Gary Anthony Williams.

TV show description:
This animated comedy series revolves around Chozen (Bobby Moynihan), a gay white rapper who’s fresh out of prison. Armed with a new message, he’s on a quest for redemption — and to claim his rightful position as the world’s top rap artist.

His music and lyrics take aim at the stereotypes of machismo and misogyny that is synonymous with rap music. And his new world view has been shaped by his time in prison.

Series Finale:
Episode #10 — “The Battle of Broken Spear”
At the summer’s biggest music festival, Chozen confronts his past and goes head-to-head with Phantasm.
First aired: March 31, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like the Chozen TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

33 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jo says

Chozen was funny at times. It’s definitely not perfect, as the character itself, but it grows on you. How many shows out there are perfect anyways? The jokes can be funny and harsh and totally irrelevant. The music was quite brilliant. The series deserves at least another season cause we need closure to see how his fight to “rap domination” ends. We also need to know about Tracy and Ricky, Chozen and Hunter, and Troy! Maybe not a full season, just give us a few more episodes to complete the story!

2. Mac says

Chozen needs to stay on the air! This was the most entertaining comedy cartoon besides the boondocks! I watched every episode and was laughing until my sides started hurting! Besides he is a gay rapper you know that is funny all by itself!

3. Brandon says

I love love love….. Chozen. It definitely needs to continue. I don’t care if mothers of the world or any other group hate it, I love it and I know I’m not the only one. If you don’t like the show turn the channel simple as that. I’m tired of everything that has to do with gay people always gets cancel. Us gays have the right to watch shows about gay people. We’re every where and we’re here to stay get over it. Looking forward to a 2,3,4….. Seasons of chozen.

4. Jesse says

Chozen is the best! It’s hilarious and unabashedly leaves group safe from ridicule. I definitely like Chozen over Archer any day and wish Chozen could have more episodes per season. Especially now with the VICE season and Archer’s increasingly retarded and less funny antics. The yelling Lana’s name louder each time thing only gets more annoying each time it’s used. Please renew Chozen! This show definitely needs another season! I feel like a lot of people don’t like it just because he’s gay but those people should just turn of their TVs or watch another show. No one is forcing them to watch Chozen.

5. drew says

great show, easily my favorite show on TV will be disappointed if it is not renewed. Watched it religiously, and laughed my ass off. needs to stat on TV. Last episode was epic!

6. Ashley says

Chozen deserves a 2nd season the music is brilliant and you feel you are in the center stage of the rap. If drawn together can make it to 3 seasons and that was a bowl of demented horse stool. At least the story is more compelling than throwing random real world references with a twist using Miley Cirus as the punch line. Chozen is an amazing show I hope they give it the 2nd season it deserves. Will support them fully.

7. alex says

To anyone who is hating on chozen go watch something else. The show is hilarious and original. It is racial and insensitive to everyone so no feels left out and it’s on late night tv so if you don’t want to watch it go to sleep. This show should get atleast 2 more seasons it’s a funny and creative show. It’s better than Archer and Eastbound. KEEP CHOZEN! And hey “Respect yo self”-Chozen

8. DARKSAVIOR says

take that trash off tv everyone knows they are just trying to make money off the gay fight , i watch 20 min the worse 20 min of my life

9. Gary says

Chozen is the best. Plus I can’t wait to see what happens to him and his boyfriend. Please, please, please, continue this show. It is completely original to me.

10. Tyler says

Chozen is not comparable to neither Archer or Eastbound and Down. It’s cheap laughs surrounding a cheap premis. An ongoing gay joke and the humor of white rappers died with Limpbizkit. Archer carried an intellectual humor, as Chozen is the equivalent of a less funny **** joke. Not clever. Not funny.