Chuck: What Did You Think of the Last Episode?

Chuck series finaleAfter five seasons and narrowly escaping being cancelled several times, Chuck has come to an end. Tonight, NBC aired the final two episodes of the underdog TV series that got a true series finale — one that you’d hope that any beloved show could get.

As promised, the finale hearkened back to the early days of the series and provided more than a few references to the early episodes. Chuck was determined, in his old geeky way, to bring Sarah back to her senses. He did but she still didn’t have her memories.

A bomb that was attached to the General’s chair at the opera house would go off as soon as the musical performance (thanks to Jeffster and Morgan conducting) stopped. Given the choice to use Intersect himself to diffuse the bomb or use it to restore Sarah’s memories, Chuck of course makes the hero’s choice. He saves the day, at the cost of losing what he’d built with his true love.

For any longtime viewer, it would be tough to hold back tears as the trio disbanded, first Casey and then Sarah left Chuck standing alone.

Still, there were plenty of happy events. The Jeffster guys are offered a big record deal with a German music company. Subway (a longtime Chuck sponsor) buys out the Buy More. How fitting. Morgan moves in with Alex. Ellie and Captain Awesome move to Chicago to work at a hospital. Casey goes after Verbanski.

The series ends with Chuck finding Sarah on their beach, still confused. He tells her that he’ll always be there for her, whatever she does and wherever she goes. She responds by asking him to tell her a story. And he does, recounting the events and details of their time together over the last five years. They share a lot of laughter and tears.

Chuck then says, “Morgan, has this crazy idea… He thinks that with just one kiss, you’ll remember everything.” She asks, “One magical kiss?”

He says, “Yeah…” Sarah quickly responds, “Chuck… kiss me.” And he does, and they kiss over and over on the beach, as the camera pulls back and the scene fades to black. End of series.

What do you think? Were you satisfied by the Chuck series finale? Was there anything missing?

Paco June 4, 2012 at 9:16 am

I hate it!

Brenda May 28, 2012 at 11:34 am

In reference to the question as to what made Chuck so special he downloaded the beta version his dad was working on when he was a little boy without any apparent side effects that’s why he was special he basically had the first intersect when he was a child

Brenda May 28, 2012 at 11:09 am

Here it is months after the final show and the debate continues it didn’t end all peaches and cream as a lot of us had hoped but it tied up the story very well we just didn’t want it to end bottom line regardless on how it ended we just didn’t want it to end I really really loved Chuck the DVD’s will live on!!!

ANGEL May 19, 2012 at 11:16 am

I HATE HOW IT ENDED..! AND THE ONLY REASON NBC GOT ANY VIEWERS WAS BECAUSE OF CHUCK!!! NOW IM 13 YEARS OLD AND MY FRIENDS AND I WOULD WATCH CHUCK EVERY FRIDAY. HOPING ONE DAY THAT CHUCK AND SARAH WOULD HAVE A BABY SARAH WOULD GET HER DREAM HOUSE. SO NBC FOR QUITING CHUCK I BET U LOST ALL YOUR VIEWERS!!!! AND A FACT IS I WATCH CHUCK EVERYDAY I GO TO BED WATCHING CHUCK ITS THE ONLY THING THAT HEPS ME GO TO SLEEP.I HAVE WATCHED EVERY CD IN EVERY CD 10 TIMES AND I AM NOT HAPPY WITH SARAH NOT REGAINING HER MEMORY AND HAVING A BABY AND HAVING THE DREAM HOUSE. THAT SHOW INSPIRED ME THAT I WANT TO BE A SPY FOR THE CIA WHEN I GROW UP! AND YES I AM A GIRL AND I LOVE SARAH SHE IS MY FAV CHARACTER. PLEASE MAKE MORE CHUCKS..!!!!!!!! PLEASE NBC.

Anonymous April 26, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Chuck is by far the best show ever. It was like a real life storie. I got to fond. I realy hope there is a nother season. I can’t stop thinking about the show.

Casper April 25, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Does anyone know if this was the last episode of chuck ever or will there come a new episode i am afraid that there won’t be……

admin April 25, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Casper ยป That’s the end.

Casper April 26, 2012 at 5:59 am

okay damn……

Hugge April 25, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Well, the last episode could have been better, but also much worse.
Chuck Said a sentence in episode 10 if im right.
All they need is together. And none of them died so
I am happy with the ending.
Btw wasnt it Superman on the roof when he
Choosed between Sarah and the bomb?

sarah April 18, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Well, in the last couple of episodes Sarah began remembering things from the past, just small details and so its promising that over time she will eventually remember her life with Chuck. But i think now Sarah and Chuck will probably fall in love all over again and create new memories together. I guess the ending is open to interpretation but seems promising for the couple.

unknown April 7, 2012 at 10:41 pm

For me well, it was disappointing because will Sarah have ever have her memories back and will they still stay together. what was the point of the season finale?? at the end of the kissing scene what did that ment were they still together or not???

Ricky March 18, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I find the ending very dissapointing. For 5 years producers/writers did nothing but build us up and made to believe that despite chuck and sarah’s differences, they still had the chance to be together because they choose to. Now, in one stupid episode, all of that crumbles as quinn deletes sarah’s memories. I fell in love with the show because of how chuck and sarah fell in love with each other and that’s what made me glued to it. And it burns my heart upon watching the series finale and it’s last minutes. Down to the final minutes of the show i was still hopeful that the kiss would somehow restore her memries or even just show signs of it but no. I’m not a big fan of love stories, but this is just dissapointing.

Fei March 21, 2012 at 5:23 am

totally agree…. i expected something more…. well more after all the things they’ve been through together!

Mike February 19, 2012 at 8:00 pm

They left something major out that didn’t answer what I considered a huge question: why was chuck so special to handle the intersect? In season 3 when his father dies, it is hinted through flashbacks that chuck is a very special person to handle the intersect, and he seems to be heading for answers as to why…this gets left unresolved. I’m very disappointed in this

Kay March 12, 2012 at 12:54 am

I agree with this 100%; the show left me with that one important question.. What makes Chuck so special?
Even though this series is one of my absolute favorite and is the only show/tv/movie or anything in life that can make me cry like a baby. I think I was quite satisfied.. very satisfied with their ending. It, being very unique and straying from the usual happy ending; simple and down to earth. I feel like they ended it at just the right time with just the right touch. Had they prolonged it, it would’ve turned out waaay to repetitive and would just go down hill again (in danger of cancellation) and would’ve followed the footsteps of so many other successful tv shows. Chuck is the best series and I hope others will realize it. It’s an honest show with so much content and plot aside from the usual drugs, sex and money. Their characters are unique and lovable and just can’t help but make you smile at the end no matter what the outcome (Jeff&Lester, Morgan&Alex, Awesome&Ellie, Casey&Beckman, Chuck&Sarah).
*I just watched the season finale and I just had to get this out.. *tears.. ;|

Kay March 12, 2012 at 12:58 am

I loove Chuck’s music in every episode.. :)))

Sam May 7, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Having only just watched the whole 5th season because I don’t think it aired in the UK, I would say the answer is because hes Chuck, it just had to Chuck and I know there’s no meaning to it but it just had to be and if you don’t think that then why would you watch the TV series.

jon February 15, 2012 at 10:48 am

It seems lot of things have been shown through this season, created by the scenarists for another season :
- Ellie’s brain scan by the father’s special PC.
- High level general and military around Decker (?) who told Chuck he has a lot drama to expect
– Etc.

Mario February 12, 2012 at 6:25 am

Escaping cliche TV series endings, chuck has made its way to a great ending. Why do we always have to have lucky and happy endings? Why can’t endings be just simple and nomal?
This last episode of chuck showed every tiny detail of every single character. Chuck never gives up. No matter what, Sarah is always meant to be with a guy like Chuck, no matter what the situation is, she always ends up falling in love with him.
Did you all wanted an episode envolving Sarah and Chuck’s Kids and their dog ? With their dream house? Well at least now, they’re sure that there’s no spy stuff anymore and they could have a new fresh start. And fall in love like a normal couple and have normal dreams even with Chuck’s intersect. No, this whole serie’s about destiny and how everything should be where it belongs. The intersect in Chuck’s head (where it has the best performance), Sarah begins to fall in love with Chuck. Ellie and Aweseome are destined to be successful doctors and Morgan finally with a nice girl living next to Chuck.
The last episode is Great.

robnovo February 19, 2012 at 2:41 pm

This wasn’t cliche tv? Really!? You’re trying to tell me that the amnesia storyline hasn’t been done a million times, like every single soap opera that ever existed. They might of been trying to be creative but they ended up being derivative. Having a tied up happy ending would, in fact, be less cliche.

debra February 23, 2012 at 8:21 pm

No, this wasn’t cliche. An amnesia plot line is cliche, but an ending that doesn’t include Sarah getting her memory back is a change from the usual trite ending.

Booni February 7, 2012 at 6:24 am

the ending was soooo cruel!!! the fact that she didnt regain her memories, after all that they’ve been through! i mean this is a tv show, the ending is supposed to be happy, albeit a little unrealistic, but this was way too real and sad. Although they did try and wrap it in a happy ending, with the kiss and the ending song “rivers and roads – the head and the heart”. I dont know why but this ending affected me waaay more than Lost’s. Its just sooo very sad. :’(

Sam May 7, 2012 at 1:05 pm

It wasn’t just one kiss so that may hint to her getting her memory back or even falling in love because of the story.

jorge February 7, 2012 at 5:26 am

Maybe thats the point that they are supposed to be together forever… I mean even Sarah lost her memories they still are going back together…