Chuck: Could There Be a Follow-Up Movie?

Chuck reunion movie?Now that the Chuck TV series is over, some are no doubt already wondering if the Buy More gang could return one day in a reunion movie. It’s way too soon to tell but the idea has certainly been suggested.

Amidst the series finale coverage, Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, and executive producer Chris Fedak were all asked about the possibility. Here’s what they had to say:

USA Today: As for whether this is truly the end for a show that wouldn’t die, Levi says he could see a continuation via an online film. Again, it goes back to depending on the fans.
“I genuinely believe that our fan base, if given the opportunity to spend $5 on an hour-and-a-half Chuck movie to buy online and keep, I think they would,” he says. “That would be a really fun thing to do.”

THR: What are the chances of a Chuck movie?
Yvonne Strahovski: There are always more stories to tell. I’m sure that if that idea came up, I’m sure most if not all of the cast members would probably be up to doing something like that. We love each other. We’re such a close-knit group and the crew as well. So, it’s a real community that we’ve created amongst ourselves and the fans. So, I think if it was in the cards, I think we’d all be up for it.

Huffington Post: Is there really going to be a Chuck movie? Are you guys thinking about it? (question submitted by reader “chuckfan15″)
Chris Fedak: There are no plans at the moment, but it sure would be fun. We could blow up so many Crown Victorias.

What do you think? Would you like to see a Chuck movie of some kind or do you think the series finale should be the true ending? If you’d like a movie, how long should they wait to do it? What should it be about?

tatiana October 10, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I really need a season 6 in my life and many more! This show is the reason I joined karate, now I am a blue belt, I graduated from college recently and am seriously concidering joining the FBI or CIA or something like that so I can one day help to save the world!!!

Nick October 9, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Like most viewers, I was hooked after the first episode. Chuck because a constant for 5 seasons, I would love to see a 6th season, or a movie.

Andrew October 4, 2012 at 6:45 am

I saw the first episode on TV and it was so stunning that i had to see all 5 seasons online in 10 days. It was always so exciting. But it wasnt just for entertainment, I could learn so much about it. I finaly think about my futur.
I was realy suprised that you let the end so open, because it was so sad chuck lost sarah. I cried and Im a dude…. Please do a 6th season or a movie were they find back to each other and get a real family. I cant stop thinking about chuck losing the love of his life because I link this show too much on my own life.

DiehArdfAnoFChUck_Philippines September 30, 2012 at 7:18 am

Please make a season 6 where Chuck could bring back Sarah’s memory so that they could live happily. I really love watching CHUCK and I use most of my time watching it ever since I’ve watched the season 1. I strongly agree with David that this show offers EVERYTHING ! Comedy, Drama, Suspense, Love, Friendship and Technology. It teaches us how to value our friends especially our family. I don’t like how it ends in season 5 and I think it deserves to have a season 6 or more seasons to come! We my friends here in the Philippines enjoyed it so much and as far as I know you have many fans here! Please, please, please bring back Chuck!!! Yvonne is very talented and stunningly beautiful actress which is perfect match to tall & handsome Zachary. They have a great chemistry. :)

Kat September 29, 2012 at 6:02 am

it would be “awesome” if they made a Chuck movie! I would buy it!!!

Anonymous September 28, 2012 at 7:44 pm

First- healthy shout out to Zac Levi- I know is I am dying to see Zachary Levi in any long term series right now. This guy has absolute genuine acting talent!
I rarely get into any TV series- few have held my interest in the last decade or so (basically my independent entertainment interest development ages 18-34). Also am a pretty nerdy chic and so tend to go for the History channel, news and politico, animal planet, a good movie or the internet…. but Chuck as a series really held my interest and I have watched the series back to back several times through- It is a combination of great plot writing with purposeful use of theme and repetition ++ plus a completely amazing cast- chemistry– awesome — who ever put that crew together was a genius and from what I can tell (though I really do not normally look this kind of thing up- the core cast bios/wikis seem to mirror their character roles quite a bit)- would love to see them on the big screen- I’d buy it!
In case anyone is interested and runs the stats and data on this kind of thing: The list of series that has held my interest for a four or five seasons in the last 10 years: 1) Fringe 2) Chuck ( both Chuck and Fringe have also made great use of guest actors!) 3) House 4) ER; The list for 2-3 seasons 1) Luther 2) Sherlock Holmes 3) Lost 4) 24 5) re-runs The Faulty Tower-

Anyway food for thought- Cheers!

Anonymous September 27, 2012 at 5:41 pm

All I know is that i just started watching Chuck, and Chuck and Sarah are the best tv series couple that i have ever seen. We need to see what happenes to them! More Chuck!

Dave September 22, 2012 at 10:24 am

we need this to be a last of 6th season or failing that carry on the 5th and realease it as the second part of the season or something like come on we all need to know im jus catchin up on chuck so i am and to be honest im sad as hell as to its ending i wanna know what happens with sarahs memories, if she is pregnant or not, do theyever get their white picket fence house with the red door and do they end up with their own family at the end would be perfect to end it all so why not hmmm. if the producers of chuck read this then surely they could sort something out like come on they did it for firefly with serenity and to be honest it only had one dam season before it got the chop ??

David Stephen September 21, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I am a 51 year old empty-nester database nerd. Who can I live vicariously through once a week better than Chuck? My wife got me hooked. My college student son doesn’t understand — who understands their parents anyway. I am trying Grimm, but I tend to faint at the blood and gore (nonetheless, never miss an episode). I own the original seasons of Chuck on DVD, planning to upgrade to Blu Ray……. I have watched all 5 season’s 4 times since I started watching in 2010. I bought the previous seasons so I could catch up on a lot of lost time.

So would I attend, buy, support a movie? Yes! Unequivocally Yes. I have never been so disappointed as when the series went off the air.

Thank God the Star Trek and Star Wars, and Star Gate… franchises hung in there to have a long lasting impact. Let’s face it, Television is going through a Renaissance this season. We are starting to see more shows like Chuck that offered EVERYTHING. Comedy, Drama, Suspense, Romance, Use of REAL Technology, and most importantly… ENTERTAINMENT. I even have hopes that previously 3rd string networks have found some winners this season (and in an election year no less).

I was paralyzed from the waist down when I started watching Chuck. It was that cliff-hanger that got me through the agony of the weeks therapy…. that light at the end of the tunnel. You may think it was just a show, but it was mental therapy that brought me every avenue of intellectual enjoyment and entertainment at a time when I felt the lowest in my life. I was actually in the nursing home with my 80 year-old mother-in-law with alzheimer’s. There is no darker a place a man can be than stuck in a bed, requiring 2 attendants to help him walk with a walker, watching his mother-in-law stroll to the foot of his bed to announce she forgot why she walked over.

I miss you Chuck, Sara, Casey, Morgan, Elli, Awesome…. but thanks.

Rick September 18, 2012 at 11:29 pm

I’m sure the writers would come up with great ideas for a movie since 90% of the episodes were brilliant. I really did not like the finale though. It seemed all that Chuck and Sarah was lost…and that sucked. I’d really like that resolved. Give Sarah her memory back in the movie. And please make a movie! I’m pleading here. :-)

Alan Gale September 18, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Lets start out with the fact of how many followers there is for (Chuck the TV Show) would make you wonder way they would even want to end it at all. I think it was a show the all ages liked and looked forward to each week to watch as family time that was not some or like most of the tv crap they like to play these days like south park and family guy and so on which teach our kids how to rebel and be defiant to any and all authority alike. Chuck was just a stop what you were doing and all meet in the living room and get cozy and talk of what was going to happen next. My family spent more time together while watching Chuck then any other time of the week. The last time I could remember spending time as a family was when I was a kid myself. Please think of the ratings that chuck brought in and how much the Chuck Fans liked it and well even if the writer needs help thinking of new ideas to keep season after season coming in then PLEASE HELP HIM AND BRING IT BACK!!!! WE THE FANS LOVE CHUCK

dave September 18, 2012 at 11:58 am
dave September 18, 2012 at 11:57 am

1st off chuck has the intersect 3…imagine the things he could do on a big screen or in a 6th series. possibilities are endless. Could turn it into a matrix style fighting action movie or just an awesome 6th series where chuck can dodge bullets or catch them in his teeth while opening tin cans with his feet. With the intersect 3 he could surpass Jason Borne or James Bond. Sarah not having her memory..an awesome story line as she gets kidnapped by terrorists or something…then chuck rescues her but they all team up to rescue her ect ….this needs to happen!!! ;) Hell maybe chuck could be combined into the new avengers movie haha

Nikki September 11, 2012 at 7:50 am

Please the Chuck fans need a real ending Maybe Sarah was pregnant at the end of the season and didn’t know it, And Sarah will get her memory back so that Chuck & Sarah can be reunited and be a family.

0rion September 10, 2012 at 6:40 pm

plzz end it of in a good note! chuck and sarah deserve to be happy and so do the fans whom have stood wth this series