Chuck: Could There Be a Follow-Up Movie?

Chuck reunion movie?Now that the Chuck TV series is over, some are no doubt already wondering if the Buy More gang could return one day in a reunion movie. It’s way too soon to tell but the idea has certainly been suggested.

Amidst the series finale coverage, Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, and executive producer Chris Fedak were all asked about the possibility. Here’s what they had to say:

USA Today: As for whether this is truly the end for a show that wouldn’t die, Levi says he could see a continuation via an online film. Again, it goes back to depending on the fans.
“I genuinely believe that our fan base, if given the opportunity to spend $5 on an hour-and-a-half Chuck movie to buy online and keep, I think they would,” he says. “That would be a really fun thing to do.”

THR: What are the chances of a Chuck movie?
Yvonne Strahovski: There are always more stories to tell. I’m sure that if that idea came up, I’m sure most if not all of the cast members would probably be up to doing something like that. We love each other. We’re such a close-knit group and the crew as well. So, it’s a real community that we’ve created amongst ourselves and the fans. So, I think if it was in the cards, I think we’d all be up for it.

Huffington Post: Is there really going to be a Chuck movie? Are you guys thinking about it? (question submitted by reader “chuckfan15″)
Chris Fedak: There are no plans at the moment, but it sure would be fun. We could blow up so many Crown Victorias.

What do you think? Would you like to see a Chuck movie of some kind or do you think the series finale should be the true ending? If you’d like a movie, how long should they wait to do it? What should it be about?

Canceled and renewed TV show

376 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Charles Carmichael says

Movie at the least. The show is still gaining popularity so season six would be a better idea though.

2. Nicole Rassier says

I really believe that you guys should make a chuck movie to wrap everything up and show that Sarah and chuck get back together and get there house and have a kid, and I like and dislike the ending I like it cause it would have built for another season but it sucked cause it was the ending of the whole show so me and every other chuck fan would agree that there should be either another season or a movie!

3. davis says

please make a movie or add another season. you create a love story from the ground and survived so many obstacles to then kill it with that ending…. not fair…you can make it better…. Sarah deserves better… Chuck deserves better….

4. Mike says

Yes we need a better end and update of how all are . Chuck and Sarah were the show and knowing they are together and happy . A movie would be awesome” ……………..

5. Mark Beals says

Ok I can understand how a show can be cancelled. The fans of Chuck are so loyal that they could do the tv show or a series of movies that go straight to DVD and they would still turn a profit. The ending was complete crap. People watch tv and movies like chuck to escape reality the hanging story of whether Sara gets her memory back will her and Chuck ever get to live happily ever after is all to realistic in its ambiguity.

6. Colin says

Such an old article at this point. But, YES. Give us some closure, damn it. I know the show was trying to be all skillfully ambiguous at the end. But they really ended up dumping all over their fan-base. Make it a reunion story. Give Sarah back her memories, even has Chuck has tried to move on despite his devastation in the subsequent years with another girl. Turn that girl into some kind of double-agent and send Sarah in to rescue the guy whose heart she crushed. Boom! There’s your plot.

7. jl says

1 to 5 season was great except the last three episode of season five. all i can say is CIA owes them a lot they should have help sarah. Build a new intersect for sarah and let the sister upload the memory data of sarah. But what happened was. There was no finesse.ending a season you should have complete 21 episode. Ahh you really dissapoint me and add my depression in life with that lasr episode. to all concern directors and script writers of chuck if you believe in yourself just make a new series of chuck. If the opinion of al your fans to make a new series and a movie then pls do it..

8. jl says

9. anonymous says

I would be excited to see a movie on the series, if the series were to come back that would be a great day for television. I loved that series and own everyone. I would pay for that online movie in a heart beat.

10. says

I love the chuck-series. I just can’t see it end like that, the whole story most be told because i and proberbly many other fans would really like to see how they are living now after they kissed at the last scene, I love to se it continue.

11. Paul says

HAHAHA!!! Chuck is gone forever! The Kiss did not work. Sarah eventually became a spy again and married a james bond look a like. Chuck, died of a broken heart a year later! haha Jeff and Lester went to Germany to do their show, but unfortunately the plane crashed and they died. After chuck was dead, Morgan split up with Alex and became a bum walking the streets of LA. hahah Casey had a nevrvous break down because of this all and lost control. He now resides in a CIA military institution for the insane! :) Big Mike still works at the buy more, but when the new owners took over, they demoted him to a night stock boy!! haha Captain Awesome and Ellie, well they got divorced. She couldn’t be with devin any since he got lazy and fat!! But we will see Captain awesome on TV soon!! He will be on the next season of the Biggest Loser! haha Don’t we all love open ending on a Series Finale??? This could be how things really turned out!!! HAHA Thank you creators of Chuck!!!!