Chuck: TV Show Renewed for Season Four by NBC

Chuck renewed season fourTo not much surprise, NBC has decided to renew Chuck for a fourth season. Despite sagging ratings, it’s still one of the network’s best performing hour-long shows in the targeted demo.

Chuck follows a geeky electronics store employee (Zachary Levi) whose life is turned upside down when a database of top secret government information is downloaded into his brain. The series cast includes Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Adam Baldwin, Joshua Gomez, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Scott Krinsky, Vik Sahay, and Julia Ling.

This year, the ratings started out with a 2.9 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic and 7.45 million viewers. That’s good, especially for NBC. Unfortunately, they’ve fallen quite a bit over the season. This week’s episode of Chuck hit a new low with 5.324 million viewers and an unfortunately consistent 1.9 rating in the demo.

On most other networks, Chuck would be toast. However, NBC has a lot of airtime to fill next season and needs some familiar programs to anchor the schedule. It’s likely for this reason that NBC has renewed Chuck for a fourth season of 13 episodes.

It’s unknown if it will return in the fall or if it will once again be held until midseason. We also don’t know if the peacock network is open to ordering additional episodes. One thing is safe to say though, for Chuck to be assured of a fifth season, viewership has to rise.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Chuck is coming back for season four? Any suggestions on how NBC can get more viewers?

connie may September 8, 2010 at 11:01 pm

I totally love the series. Our family watch it when ever we can. Definitely is a light and fun filled show. Cancel it – I hope not. Having only seen the season three finale we purchased all seasons now and have spent a lot of time enjoying them over and over. Please humor a gal and keep this series going.

ndanu ruth September 1, 2010 at 12:40 pm

should i say i like chuck??i don’t think so.a’d be comfortable to say chuck.i have to sey i am addicted to it.i watched season 1 to 3 in 4days.waiting for season 4 so bad.chuck b tha hottest series!!!!

Jenifer August 31, 2010 at 8:15 pm

My daughter and I just discovered Chuck on Netflix and we LOVE IT! We are going through some tough times with a divorce and it is the highlight of our evening. We raced through Season 1 and we are almost finished with Season 2. I am trying to slow down how many episodes we watch a night because we don’t want it to end! Ever! The characters are wonderful and engaging. Even the secondary characters, we love when the storyline includes background on their lives. I have enjoyed a lot of tv series and I have to say that even though we have seen Season 1 and most of Season 2, we will be buying all the DVD’s to rewatch. I would love to know a way we could let NBC (I think – we rented them) know how much we love this show. Thank you to who ever made the decision to renew the series for Season 4 and we hope many more. If we had to choose only one show to watch, it would definetly be Chuck. (My daughter even had to have black Converse chucks just like Chuck!)

Pat August 30, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I am so glad Chuck is back for another season. I love this show!

Dick Wagner August 30, 2010 at 9:23 am

I’m a 74 year old male and think Chuck is a FANTASTIC program.
I have the first three complete sets & watch them over and over again. I’m glad to see it will be around for another season. I Will look forward to every Monday night.

THANKS NBC!

LUVthisSHOW August 27, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Chuck is so well-written and acted – the producers need to get some more ads on for it at the very least – I tell everyone I can about it – and my family watches episodes over and over again while waiting for the new season! This show deserves renewal for many more reasons than filling air time! Chuck has an incredible ensemble and the music is amazing – just overall this is one amazing production!!

MYRA August 25, 2010 at 2:41 am

I THINK IT IS AWESOME THAT CHUCK WILL BE BACK ON NBC! MORE ADVERTISING OF THE RIGHT KIND WILL MAKE PEOPLE WATCH THE SHOW. IT HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE FROM DAY ONE!

wylie August 22, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Absolutely. My wife and kids love it and so do I.

CONSTANCE August 20, 2010 at 6:30 pm

I love the series. I can”t wait to get home on Mon.nights to watch Chuck.I make sure I have no other plans that night!!BIG FAN

Craig August 10, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Glad to see its coming back, even my kids like it.

hikaru_go04 July 26, 2010 at 7:55 am

I love the show and am really glad that they’re going for a 4th season. I just can’t get over the show because it has almost everything that I could ask for to entertain me and get me hook.

alex July 19, 2010 at 3:13 pm

I have watched all of the 2 seasons,season 3 is about to start in Australia looking so forward to seeing it also glad to hear that a season 4 is planned ..

A Almost 50 Viewer June 22, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I love Chuck. It’s the only thing that got me through nursing school. My one treat of the week. I love the witty writing. I especially love where it is heading now. He can’t stay an untrained geek forever. He’s too smart. I’m thrilled it’s getting renewed.

gayle June 16, 2010 at 4:41 pm

FABULOUS SHOW!!!! we rented all episodes on netflix….does the network make money if the show rents a lot or streams on netflix? Because, thats where you might increase viewship. The show and actors and storylines are brilliant and you should keep on going and going……We love it!!!!! Keep it on the air (A sixty-something viewer)

Anonymous June 15, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Just got into Chuck about a month or so ago and fell in love with the show, I have since passed out my DVD’s to others who are now hooked on the show and cant wait for the next season to start. So very happy to see it’s coming back for another season !