Chuck: NBC Orders Additional Episodes for Season Three

Chuck TV showWhile some NBC viewers may still be reeling from the news that Trauma has been cancelled, there’s good news for another Monday night show, Chuck.

Chuck, which stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Adam Baldwin, Sarah Lancaster, and Ryan McPartlin, was barely renewed last season because of soft ratings. But, in part because of a passionate fan campaign, NBC decided to bring it back. The fan victory was bittersweet though because the network said that they would bring it back for 13 episodes and wouldn’t start airing them for almost a year.

At the time, NBC had great confidence in their 2009-10 schedule. Now that the new shows have debuted and the network is in worse shape than ever, the execs are thinking more kindly about Chuck.

With NBC’s recent cancellation of Southland and now Trauma, the network is in need of some additional programming. As a result, they’ve upped their Chuck episode order by six, bring the season three total to 19.

NBC hasn’t officially announced Chuck’s return date but it’s expected that the network will bring the show back in January and then take a break for the Olympic games coverage.

What do you think? Do you think it’s better for Chuck to return in January or wait until March so the season can run uninterrupted?

Jen November 16, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Love love love Chuck! Bring it back ASAP PLEASE!!!! I cannot wait to see the new episodes now that Chuck is super-Chuck!

AK November 14, 2009 at 8:54 pm

Yeah i’m a big chuck fan also, would also like to have it in january vs later.

earl November 13, 2009 at 7:38 am

I also want Chuck back. It’s young, fresh, funny!

NBC has little going for it – with the failures of Leno and Late Shuw

Anonymous November 11, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Awesome! I love this show. Bring it back in January. I’ve re-watched the DVDs from season 1 about ten times. I think it’s time for some new material!

janice and terry November 11, 2009 at 7:08 pm

WE LOVE CHUCK……THE MORE CHUCK THE BETTER. START IN JANUARY IT WILL BE A BOOSTER SHOT UNTIL IT RETURNS AFTER THE OLYMPICS IN MARCH. WE NEVER MISSED AN EPISODE AND HAVE WATCHED THE SEASON FINALE SEVERAL TIMES. OH….CHUCK ME PLEASE.

Erica November 9, 2009 at 1:49 pm

I want Chuck back on as soon as possible. Too many people love the show. Of they don’t bring it back. NBC is only going to have Heros, Law & Order ect. To fall back on. Bring back Chuck There ratings will be very strong. I can promise you that

President of The USA November 4, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Please cover this turd of a show with some dirt so it stops stinking. Lame, lame , lame.
Make way for something new and fresh.

Mollie Cotton November 4, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Don’t wait until March, I can’t wait. It is one of the most tastfully done shows on TV and I love the cast.

Anonymous November 3, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Can’t wait for Chuck!! Thanks for bringing it back!

Mollie Cotton November 2, 2009 at 7:05 pm

We really look forward to watching Chuck. Its cute, light, funny. We like the whole cast-it works. We are so looking forward to more episodes. To tell you the truth, there isn’t much on TV any more that is worth watching-Chuck is well worth bringing back.
Please don’t let us down.

Charmichael November 2, 2009 at 10:31 am

The sooner the better! I knew Southland wouldn’t make it and, while I thought the Trauma pilot was good, it hasn’t held up. There’s room for Chuck now. Order the whole freakin season and let’s get it back on the air before Christmas!

Go Chuck!!!

Susie November 1, 2009 at 7:41 am

Yeah! Very happy to hear the Chuck will be returning. We’ll take it asap and look forward to the fun again!

evey42 November 1, 2009 at 4:56 am

This is so great,ever!!I love Chuck and “John Casey”(Adam Baldwin) is my fav. Please don’t end a show like Chuck,which brought us so much fun! It’s so right to bring Chuck back!

Ace October 31, 2009 at 11:18 am

I absolutely love Chuck, I feel that is unfortunately underrated though. It is written so well and it is so funny that I don’t understand how the ratings could have been *soft*. Loyally I have been watching since the pilot and I will watch until the end. And if it airs in January than I don’t care, I’m happy either way I wished it began earlier though. NBC need to step it up, big time though.

Bev and Linda October 31, 2009 at 8:11 am

Just read Chuck will be back in January! That’s great we need more fun and happy shows instead of all of these Dr. and Police shows. We in the off ice love to watch it and have missed it in Sept. Let’s get em back!