SundanceTV has announced season two of its Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter TV show premieres Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 10:00am ET/PT. The second season of 14 one-hour episodes will be split into two half seasons, with seven episodes focusing on potential Emmy® nominees this summer. Seven episodes featuring potential Oscar® nominees are slated for later this year.
The season two premiere episode features TV drama actresses (pictured above): Sarah Paulson, Julianna Margulies, Kerry Washington, Constance Zimmer, Kirsten Dunst, Regina King, and Jennifer Lopez. The second episode on July 3, features TV drama actors: Rami Malek, Bobby Cannavale, Wagner Moura, Cuba Gooding Jr., Forest Whitaker, and Paul Giamatti. The other TV-centric episodes feature comedy actresses, comedy actors, drama showrunners, comedy showrunners, and reality show hosts.
Get the details from this SundanceTV press release.
JUST IN TIME FOR EMMY® SEASON, SUNDANCE TV’S ORIGINAL NON FICTION SERIES “CLOSE UP WITH THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER” RETURNS FOR SEASON 2 ON JUNE 26 AT 10 AM/9C
SERIES WILL RETURN WITH 14 EPISODES FEATURING BOTH TELEVISION AND FILM ROUNDTABLES
NEW YORK, NY – June 15, 2016 – SundanceTV’s non-fiction series “Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter,” produced in partnership with The Hollywood Reporter, will return on Sunday, June 26 at 10 am/9c. The upcoming second season of 14 one-hour episodes will be split into two half seasons, with seven episodes focusing on potential Emmy® nominees this summer and seven episodes featuring potential Oscar® nominees presented later this year. “Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter” features frank and revealing roundtable discussions with notables from the television and film communities, including some of the most talented actors, actresses, directors, writers, show runners and producers working in the industry today.
“‘Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter’ is a distinctive piece of television that delivers to SundanceTV viewers candid and engaging roundtable discussions with some of the most talented and accomplished people working in film and television,” said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV. “We are proud to have it on our air and to announce this new season.”
Following each episode’s debut on SundanceTV, it will be available via SundanceTV’s TVE platform. Also the next day, The Hollywood Reporter will post an uncut version of the episode on thr.com.
Emmy episodes will debut as follows:
June 26 – Drama Actresses
· Kirsten Dunst (“Fargo”: FX)
July 3 – Drama Actors
· Bobby Cannavale (“Vinyl”: HBO)
· Cuba Gooding Jr. (“The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story”: FX)
July 10 – Comedy Actresses
· Gina Rodriguez (“Jane the Virgin”: The CW)
· Allison Janney (“Mom”: CBS)
· Niecy Nash (“Getting On”: HBO)
· Lily Tomlin (“Grace and Frankie”: Netflix)
July 17 – Comedy Actors
· Aziz Ansari (“Master of None”: Netflix)
· Anthony Anderson (“Black-ish”: ABC)
· Tony Hale (“Veep”: HBO)
· Jerrod Carmichael (“The Carmichael Show”: NBC)
· Keegan-Michael Key (“Key and Peele”: Comedy Central)
July 24 – Drama Showrunners
· Sam Esmail (“Mr. Robot”: USA)
· John Ridley (“American Crime”: ABC)
· Nina Jacobson (“The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story”: FX)
· Melissa Rosenberg (“Jessica Jones”: Netflix)
· Marti Noxon (“UnREAL”: Lifetime)
July 31 – Comedy Showrunners
· Aline Brosh McKenna (“Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”: The CW)
· Nahnatchka Khan (“Fresh Off the Boat”: ABC)
· Marta Kauffman (“Grace & Frankie”: Netflix)
· Alan Yang (“Master of None”: Netflix)
· David Mandel (“Veep”: HBO)
· Kenya Barris (“Black-ish”: ABC)
August 7 – Reality Hosts
· Mark Cuban (“Shark Tank”: ABC)
· Jane Lynch (“Hollywood Game Night”: NBC)
· Guy Fieri (“Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives”: Food Network)
· Nick Cannon (“America’s Got Talent”: NBC)
· Mike Darnell (“500 Questions”: ABC)
The Hollywood Reporter is well known for hosting influential roundtable conversations with industry insiders, garnering their own Emmy® Award for a roundtable conversation titled The Hollywood Reporter in Focus: The Wolf of Wall Street, which featured Martin Scorsese, Terence Winter, Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill. Other A-listers who have taken part include Angelina Jolie, Channing Tatum, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ben Affleck, Jon Hamm, Claire Danes, Mark Ruffalo, Mindy Kaling, Christopher Nolan, Richard Linklater, Matthew Weiner, Vince Gilligan, Michelle King, Jenji Kohan, Mike Judge, Jeff Daniels, Edie Falco and Andy Samberg.
“Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter” represents a continued commitment by SundanceTV to innovative, informative unscripted programming that sheds light on the world of filmed storytelling and pop culture.
The series is executive produced by Janice Min, Stephen Galloway, Matthew Belloni, and Jennifer Laski from The Hollywood Reporter, Paul Haddad from SundanceTV and produced by Stephanie Fischette from The Hollywood Reporter.
What do you think? Did you watch the first season of Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter? Which second season episodes do you most want to see?