Cold Case: Renewed for Season Seven; Without a Trace Cancelled?

Cold CaseVeteran crime dramas Cold Case and Without a Trace have been fighting for their lives.

While both shows do alright in overall viewership and have more than enough episodes for syndication, they have become expensive to produce over the years. Their audiences also tend to skew older, an ongoing challenge for the Tiffany network. CBS has been looking to cut back on expenses so both of the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced dramas have been on the bubble for renewal. In seasons past, they’d both be considered pretty safe bets.

Well now, CBS has now renewed Cold Case for season seven. No word as yet if the season order will be for 13 or 22 episodes.

The renewal is commonly seen as bad news for Without a Trace since it was rumored that both shows were vying for the same timeslot on the schedule. However, Without a Trace may still be kept alive with an order for episodes that would be aired midseason, or earlier if one of the network’s new dramas tanks.

CBS will release its 2009-10 schedule on Wednesday at its upfront presentation in New York.

DANNY September 19, 2009 at 2:12 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don’t cancel without a trace please is a good show.

Layla September 18, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Cold Case is mucho better than Without a Trace. SO DON’T CANCEL COLD CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve September 4, 2009 at 9:39 am

these two shows are both REALLY good – there are a lot worse shows out there that should be cancelled instead. Its too bad we in Canada are forced to watch way too many Canadian production that REALLY SUCK!!! I thought we lived in a free country??? I wish we got a lot more programming from the US _they know how to act and produce good TV

Davin August 13, 2009 at 11:42 am

Please keep both shows. I love Cold Case and Without a Trace. All these new shows are not going to last more than 1 season. Law and Order, CSI, NCIS and Cold Case and Without a Trace are tried and tested. The Mentalist has potential but yet to prove itself but please instead of coming up with new crappy shows, keep the older ones that provide real entertainment.

Misya June 13, 2009 at 5:17 am

I love “cold case” !!!
Great TV show !

Johnny June 9, 2009 at 12:52 am

Without a trace shouldn’t have been cancelled, It’s must be a very big mistake.

Debbie May 29, 2009 at 10:21 pm

I look forward each week to Without A Trace. There is no other show of it’s kind on tv. Please do not cancel it . You know all these new shows are not going to survive. Also please do not cancel the Unit we watch these two shows faithfully.

Shawnell May 28, 2009 at 11:18 am

Thank you,thank you, for saving Cold Case,its one of my favorite shows:)

Kelly May 22, 2009 at 11:22 am

Please don’t cancel Without a Trace. It’s one of the only good shows left. Both Cold Case and Without a Trace are two of our favorites. Tuesday night line-up is the best! NCIS, The Mentalists and Without a Trace.

Melissa May 20, 2009 at 7:48 pm

Please don’t cancel Without a Trace. It’s one of the best shows on tv.

dominique May 19, 2009 at 3:20 pm

i alreay wrote a reponsse about without a trace i still agree please don,t cancel it i don,t care howmany seasons it had what difrence does it make i mean is there gonna be a new show anyways on cbs i hope not i already know about cold case what does that have to do with withut a trace without a trace used to come on sundays after cold case butnow it is on tuesdays after the mentalist and cold case is on sundays at 9;00 still it hasn,t moved or csi csi new york csi miamai crimnal minds and ghost whisperer two and a half men 60 minutes rules of engagment flashpoint numb3rs gaRY UNMARRIED THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE NCIS OF COURSE THE UNIT USED TO COME ON AFTER NCIS TUESDAYS BUT NOW IT IS ON SUNDAYS AFTER COLD CASE THANKS TO THE MENTALIST JUST LEAVE THE SHOW ALONE IT IS NOT BOTHERING ANYONE GET RID OF ELEVENTH HOUR AND WORST WEEK THOSE SHOWS PROBABLY ARENT COMING BAck anyways viva laughlin was canceled so was swingtown smith cane 3lbs those shows sucked any ways so like the song by tank please don,t go just stop please okay cbs give the show another chance and of course cold case too and is survvior and the amazing race coming back probably not dominique green from santa ana california

dominique May 19, 2009 at 3:08 pm

i agree i don,t think without a trace should be cancelled i watch it evry tuesday night and i,m going to see he season finale tonight becasue i wanna see what,s gonna happen is danny gonna marry elena is samantha going to go with brian he said thaT HE WAS MOVING OUT AND I GUESS HE WANTS SAMANTHA TO GO WITH HIM HE IS THE FATHER OF HER BABY AND OF COURSE WHAT ABOUT JACK HE LIKE HER MORE I SAW THE EPISODE BETTER ANGELS AND I SAW THE KISSING PART AT HE END I KEPT WAITNG FOR IT AND I WAS LIKE WHEN ARE THEY GONNA SHOW IT MAYBE IT,S AT THE END AND IT WAS AND I KNOW IT HAD SEVENTH SEASON BUT WHY CAN,T I HAVE ANOTHER SEASON LIKE 8 I MEAN THAT,S NOT FAIR COLD CASE IS HAVING A SEVENTH SEASON WHAT SHOW IS GONNA TAKE IT,S PLACE AT 1
;00 ANYWAYS THE MENTALIST I DON,T LIKE THAT SHOW AND SIMON BAKER I DIDN,T LIKE IT WHEN IT CAME ON AT 10;00 IT COMES ON AT 9;00 AFTER NCIS AT 8;00 WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT AND WHAT THE DEAL WITH ELEVENTH HOUR AND WORST WEEK WORST WEEK WAS ON MONDAYS AFTER TWO AND A HALF MEN AND ELEVENTH HOUR CAME ON THURSDAYS AFTER CSI THE SHOW HARPER,S ISLAND TOOK IT,S PLACE THURSDAYS AT 10;00 AFTER CSI NOW IT IS ON SATURDAY WHAT DIFFERNECE DOES IT MAKE HOW MANY SEASONS IT HAS IT IS NOT THE OC THAT WAS CANCELED ON FOX NETWORK CAUSE IT ONLY HAD 4 SEASONS IT PROBABLY COULDN,T GET A 5 SEASON BEACUSE MISHA BARTON,S CHARCTER MARISSA COOPER DIED IN THE SEAN 3 FINALE OF THE OC NOBODY DIED ON WITHOUT A TRACE NOT JACK I THOUGH AT FIRST I WAS GONNA DIE CAUSE HE GOT SHOT AND ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL BUT HE DIDN,T AND WHY DID STEVEN WEBER,S CHARCTER CLARK MEDINA LEAVE FOR BEACUSE JACK WANTED HIS OFFICE BACK I THUGHT JACK WAS LEAVING THE SHOW TURN,S OUT HE WASN,T HE HAD DESK DUTY HE WAS DEMOTED BILL SMITROVICH,S CHARACTER ALEX OLCEYK THOULD HIM IN THE SIXTH SEASON FINALE SATELLITES THAT HE HAD A WEEK TOO CLEAR OUT HIS OFFICE I THOUGHT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN IS JACK GONNA GET FIRED OF COURSE IN THE EPISODE CANDY MARIANN JEAN BAPTISTE,S CHARCTER TOLD JACK DON,T GET FIRED ON THE WAY BACK I DON,T WANNA MISS ANYTHING OF COURSE HE DIDN,T HE WOULDN,T FIRE HIM OF COURSE THEY WERE ASKING ELENA DANNY MARTIN SAMANTHA AND VIVAN IS JACK THE RIGHT GUY TO RUN THE MISING PEROSN UNIT OF COURSE JACK TRIED TO GET ANOTHER JOB BUT HE TURN IT DOWN IT WAS MEDINA,S IDEA AND HE WANTED MARTIN TO TAKE OVER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT OF COURSE MEDINA LEFT SO I GUES HE WON,T BE COMING BACK AND JACK WAS RENISTATED AS THE HEAD OF THER DEPARTMENT HE GOT HIS OFFICE BACK AND HIS DAUGHTER HANNA IS LIVING WITH HIM NOW AND BRIAN IS STAYING WITH SAMANTHA BECAUSE HE RECOVERING FORM THE CAR ACCIDENT HE AND SAMANTHA HAD SHE WAS DRIVING HIM TO THE AIRPORT HE WAS GOING SOMEWHERE THEY WERE HIT BY A DRUNK DRIVER THANK GOD THEY SURVIVED BEACUSE IF THEY DIDN,T WHO WAS GONNA TAKE CARE OF SAMAMTHA,S BABY FINN NAD JACK HIT THE DRIVER THAT HIT HIM HE DESERVED HIT HE COULD HAVE KILLED SAMANTHA AND BRIAN OFCOURSE THE EPISODE DEVOTION WAS WEIRD AT THE END AND THERE,S THIS ONE EPISODE I WANNA SEE AGAIN THIS GUY WENT MISSING AND VANESA MARCIL FROM TV,S ALS VEGAS WAS IN THE EPISODE AS KIMMARCEUS AND MARTIN WAS BY HIMSELF AND SHE HAD A GUN BUT SHE DIDN,T SHOOT MARTIN MARTIIN THOUGHT HE SHOT THE GUY BUT HE DIDN,T HE GOT UP AND THEY HAD A FIGHT A MARTIN FINALLY KILLED HIM AND HE GOT A BRUISE ON HIS FACE AND KIM MARCUS GAVE THE MISING MAN A BULLET WAHT DID SHE GIVE HIM THAT FOR I DIDN,T GET A CHANCE TO WATCH IOT I SAW THE END OF IT AND SCENES FOR NEXT TUESDAY,S EPISODE THE REASON WHY BECAUSE I WAS AT HTE MVOIES SEEING MEDEA GOES TO JAIL AND IT WAS ST, PATRICK,S DAY AND I WAS WEARING MY TENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURLES T-SHIRT BEACUSE IT WAS THE ONLY GREEN SHIRT I HAD NOW I GOT THREE ATARI AND MOUNTAIN DEW MY FAVORITE DRINK THAT I DRINK FROM TACO BELL AND I GOT FOOD AT CARL,S JR I DIDN,T BEFORE BECAUSE I WENT TO BURGER KING WHICH IS AROUND THE CORNER OF MY FATHER,S HOUSE SO WE WENT TO CARL,S JR AND HE GOT SOMETHING TO EAT WHAT A JERK HE IS AND I GOT NEW CONVERSE ALL STAR SHOES MY OTHER ONES SUCK AND SEASON 3 DIDN,T COME OUT ON DVD YET MY MOM KEPT SAYING THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE OUT NEXT MONTH BUT IT NEVER DID I GOT SEASON 1 AND SEASON 2 ON DVD SO WAHT,S THE DEAL WITH SEASON 3 IS IT COMING OUT ON DVD OR NOT AND WHAT SEASON 4 I SAW ON MAMZON.COM THAT IT WAS OUT ON DVD TOO BUT IT ISN,T WHEN IS THAT COMING OUT ON DVD AND THEY SHOW WITHOUT A TRACE ON TNT THE SAME EPISODES SEASONS 123456 BUT NOT SEVEN BECAUSE IT IS ON CBS AND THEY MOVED WITHOUT A TRACE FOUR TIMES THE SHOW PREMIRED ON SEPTEMBER 26 2002 ON THURSDAY AND THEN IT WAS MOVED TOO SUNDAY BECASUE OF THE SHOW SHARK WITH JAMES WOODS AND THEN IT WAS MOVED BACK TO THURSDAYS AND SHARK WAS ON SUNDAYS BUT NOW SHAK GOT CANCELED I NEVER LIKE THAT SHOW ANYWAYS I DON,T KNOW WHY THE HELL MY MOM WAS WATCHING THAT I HOPE SHE DOESN,T KNOW THAT IT IS ON DVD AND THAT SHOW JERICHO WITH SKEET ULRICH WAS SUPOSSED TO BE CANCELED BUT IT WASN,T THEN IT WAS AND NOW IT,S ON THE CW AND THE OC IS NOW ON SOAPNET WHY IS ONE TRE HILL ON SOAPNET FOR I DIDN,T GET CANCELED LAST NIGHT WAS THE SEASON FINALE PEYTON WS PREGNANT AND I THNK LUCAS MARIED HER HALEY WAS PREGNANT WITH THEIR SON JAMIE AND ON THE OC KIRSTEN WAS PREGANANT AND HAD A DAUGHTER SETH AND RYAN HAD A new sister and summer left and their house was destroyed because of an earthquake and that was it so like i was saying who cares about that and they moved it to tuesdays too and i,m thinking i how many times are they gonna move it so please don,t cancel it i don,t want it to go it is still my favorite show and anthony lapaglia,s charcter jack malone is still my favorite and samantha too. please dominique green from santa ana california

Anonymous May 18, 2009 at 4:47 pm

I love both cold case and without a trace. But, most of all I love “LIFE” This is the only program I have ever written about the fact that it has been cancelled.

Dawn May 18, 2009 at 2:24 pm

I’m so glad they saved Cold Case! It’s one of the best shows on tv.

Lila May 18, 2009 at 10:38 am

Don’t cancel Without A Trace. I love this show and look forward to it every week.