Cold Justice: Season Three Renewal for TNT Series

Cold Justice TV show on TNT: season threeTNT has picked up Dick Wolf’s unscripted TV show, Cold Justice, for a third year. Season two is currently airing and season three will kick off sometime next year.

Here are the details:

TNT Renews Real-Life Crime Series Cold Justice for Third Season

Show Finds Strong Fan Base on Friday Nights, with Big Audience Growth

TNT is ready to crack more unsolved cases as it orders a third season of its fascinating real-life crime series Cold Justice. The series, which recently reached the middle of its second season, has become a Friday night hit for TNT, delivering strong demo growth compared to season one. TNT’s renewal includes 10 episodes slated for the series’ third season. Season 2 of Cold Justice is currently airing Fridays at 9 p.m. (ET/PT). Season three is slated for early 2015 and will feature both new states and types of cases never seen on the show before.

Cold Justice follows former prosecutor Kelly Siegler and former crime-scene investigator Yolanda McClary as they travel to small towns around the country in order to look into murder cases that have lingered for years without answers or closure. Since the premiere of Cold Justice last September, Siegler and McClary have assisted local law enforcement in securing a total of 15 arrests, eight criminal indictments, four confessions, two guilty pleas and a 22-year prison sentence.

Cold Justice has averaged 2.3 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery so far this summer, a remarkable +24% increase over the show’s winter episodes. In key demos, Cold Justice is averaging 912,000 adults 25-54 (+12% vs. winter) and 676,000 adults 18-49. The show has found a solid fan base in its Friday night timeslot, growing its Live + Same Day demo deliveries by +13% among adults 18-49 and +4% among adults 25-54, compared to season one.

Cold Justice is produced for TNT by Wolf Reality and Magical Elves, with Emmy® winners Dick Wolf (Law & Order, Chicago Fire), Dan Cutforth & Jane Lipsitz (Top Chef, Time of Death) and Tom Thayer (Hitchcock, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee), serving as executive producers.

What do you think? Have you been watching this show? Glad it’s coming back?

Jerry E Jernigan April 10, 2015 at 6:45 pm

I like this show but when the hell does it air?? The answer is RARELY !!!! Is it a production or programming problem? How do the networks or producers hope to attract viewers, if the season is short & the absence off the air, is looonnnnggg ? The logic escapes me. I guess this is what the network exec’s do when they want to cancel a show. If this programming policy continues, this show is doomed for failure. What a shame.

Cindy April 3, 2015 at 9:58 pm

I really enjoy this show. I wish the show’s season wasn’t so short and the time in between wasn’t so long, Can’t wait for season 3

C. Bielakowski April 3, 2015 at 8:22 pm

I think this show is great – resolving cold cases for families who are just waiting to get closure for themselves and their loved one. Please do not cancel this show, we need more shows like this.

Peggy scalfano March 27, 2015 at 7:58 pm

My husband and I love it. Hope you come to Kentucky sometime

Jane March 22, 2015 at 10:13 pm

One of my favorite shows!

Carol fernandez March 22, 2015 at 12:48 pm

I love the show but it feels,like it is a very short season and the time off is twice that of the shows aired. Maybe more. Need more episodes in a season. I am starting to not want to stay hooked on a show that last a few weeks only.

Kathi Ceccarelli March 17, 2015 at 10:55 pm

My MOST favorite show!

Ina Raghunandan March 13, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Love this show. Happy that it has been renewed.

San lynne March 9, 2015 at 11:52 pm

This is a great show. One of the best on tv. We’ll done and refreshing.

San lynne March 9, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Please renew this show. It is by far the best reality show on TV.

Patricia March 6, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Great show. They do a fantastic and much needed job, catching these murders who think
They got away with it. Keep this show, it’s a couple steps above most everything else on t.v.
I would have convicted that guy who murdered his wife, even without her body. Too bad we can’t vote on who’s guilty or not…lol. Oh well, that’s a different show. Lol.

Anonymous March 6, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Love this show!!

Donna March 4, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Love this show (cold justice ) I watch it every week I am a faithful fan of this show !!! Not to many good shows on tv any more !!!!

Barbara February 27, 2015 at 2:56 pm

This is the best reality crime show by far EVER!! Love this and I beg you NOT to ever cancel it!!! These two women are awesome in both how they solve these murders and the true compassion they show to the families of their victims.

Sarah February 13, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Love this show. I wish that there was a longer season, it seems that it just starts back up and then we are at the end of season. PLEASE do not cancel this show!

Nettie Waters February 8, 2015 at 12:36 pm

I LOVE this show!! Please don’t cancel it! I was already upset when they canceled America’s Most Wanted. You guys should bring that back on Saturdays.