Combat Hospital

Combat Hospital TV show Network: ABC
Episodes: 13 but one didn’t air (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 21, — September 6, 2011
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Elias Koteas, Michelle Borth, Terry Chen, Luke Mably, Deborah Kara Unger, and Arnold Pinnock.

combat hospital past TV show

TV show description:
Set in 2006, this medical drama follows the frantic lives of resident doctors and nurses at a military hospital in Southern Afghanistan. The personnel come from Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and other coalition countries. In addition to working through some cultural differences, the professionals strive to provide the best care they can in the middle of a war zone.

They operate out of a Role 3 hospital that’s improvised with what’s available. The facility’s a jumble of tents, temporary buildings made of plywood and duct tape, and repurposed shipping containers that line the unit to help provide protective outer walls. The international team of doctors, nurses and medics deliver the best battlefield surgical care possible to wounded soldiers, civilians caught in the crossfire, and even to the enemy.

Helming the hospital is Colonel Xavier Marks (Elias Koteas) of the Canadian Forces, a career military surgeon and Head of the Role 3 Multinational Medical Unit. New Role 3 recruits include Major Rebecca Gordon (Michelle Borth), a top-of-her-class trauma surgeon who’s eager to impress, and Trauma Team Leader Captain Bobby Trang (Terry Chen), a general practice doctor and a gentle soul who’s a bit less confident in his abilities than Rebecca.

The only non-military medical staffer is brilliant British neurosurgeon Dr. Simon Hill (Luke Mably). The others can’t figure out why he volunteered to work in a war zone. Australian psychiatrist Major Grace Pederson (Deborah Kara Unger) oversees the mental well-being of the troops. The Chief of Nursing is Commander Will Royal (Arnold Pinnock), a registered nurse serving with the Canadian Forces who keeps everything running as smoothly as possible and won’t let his co-workers forget it.

Canceled and renewed TV show

22 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I am so disappointed that my favorite show has been canceled. CH is so much better than most of what we are presented with. I can’t believe it has been deleted.

2. Cindy b says

Please…please bring back combat hospital. I’m hooked after watching all the episodes on Hulu. I didn’t even know it was on last summer!!!! No advertising!! We r a military family and can identify so much with. Hubby deployed now and he and the guys have enjoyed watching it on Hulu as well.

3. Combat Hosp FAN!!!! says

This is a great show and full of the complexities that us viewers need to see – as this is what’s happening in this fragile world of ours…it really puts things into perspective…It’s a great show and hope to see many more – please do not cancel this show…it’s better then the reality shows that are out there — a nice change for once!
    ABC please for once – listen to us viewers….we love the show – keep it coming please!!!!
    Cheers to all too :)

4. IRW says

I love this show. Its super fun and interesting and I have to know what happens next. Ratings may be down now but they will go up. Producers if you are reading this don’t give up hope. We gotta c what happens next. Don’t cancel this show too!!!

5. Bob says

The story lines, characters, actors and venue all make for a terrific TV drama that simply MUST return. My wife and I watched it religiously, every episode, and we miss it. Please, bring it back.

6. Linda Lefrancois says

Combat Hospital is a great new show and I am missing it very much. Is there any word on when it will be back on? It was nice to see a Canadian show and see how Canadians work in the wars also. Excellent acting by all. I just cannot wait to see it come back. There is so very little on this year that is any good.

7. Linda says

Combat hospital has a real place in our world today. It reminds me of China Beach. The actors are very good. I believe, if given a chance, this show could develop a real following. I sincerely hope it will be brought back.

8. Grace says

Really a great show. Totally interesting crew. I sincerely hope it returns: I thought it was the best show I’ve seen in a long time.

9. says

Having trouble posting. this is my third post but I don’t care. My husband & I love this show. Please give it a chance, during a better season and top slot with better advertising. Not everyone knows about it. My husband is deployed to Dubai and most of his troops haven’t heard of Combat Hospital. We love seeing the commradery, chain of command, respect amongst the troops. My fave is Simon & Rebecca. LOVE HIM AND HIS CHARISMATIC WAY. Please give this show another chance, ABC You are making a big mistake if you don’t bring this back. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO HELP Y OU?

10. Jane Buckley says

Combat Hospital is an outstanding drama. The whole cast is very good and Luke Mably’s performance in the “Reason to believe” episode was exceptional. Please renew this series.

11. Dan Liftman says

Combat Hospital is the best new drama to come to television in years. I earnestly hope it will be renewed.

12. says

i think abc should give ,this great show combat hospital,a real chance.Look at jag nbc cancelled it,cbs took it it lasted another nine seasons,i think global hopfull will at least give it a shot,i think the networks should have more milatary shows on the networks.Keep it coming combat hospital.

13. paul says

I’m sure ABC will not listen to thier viewers as usual but this is a great program and should be renewed. Unfortunately the networks don’t seem to promote there summer programs that well and they seem to fail to get peoples notice. While I have found that TNT and LTN have promoted there summer shows and are having a more successful result and I now watch more shows like The Closer, Against The Wall, Rissoli and Isles, Franklin And Bash, Leverage and other better programs than ABC and NBC decide to keep. I hope they will give this program Combat Hospital a real chance but as they have show in the past thay don’t really care what the viewers think only the adviertisers.