Community: Season Four Ratings

27community season four ratingsThe ratings for Community have never been great and have been coming down each season. Will they go so low in season four that the sitcom will be cancelled? Stay tuned!

The fourth season of Community typically airs Thursday nights on the NBC network. There are just 13 episodes this time.

Revolving around the students and faculty at Greendale Community College, Community features the talents of Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie, Donald Glover, Jim Rash, Ken Jeong, and Chevy Chase.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season — the best way to tell if Community will be cancelled or renewed for a fifth season. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress so be sure to bookmark and return to this page:

UPDATE: ABC has renewed this show for a fifth season for 2013-14.

Final season averages: 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.90 million total viewers.

Episode 04-13: Thursday, 05/09/13
1.3 in the demo (+8% change) with 3.08 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 1.24 in the demo with 2.90 million.

Episode 04-12: Thursday, 05/02/13
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 2.67 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 1.23 in the demo with 2.89 million.

Episode 04-11: Thursday, 04/25/13
1.0 in the demo (-23% change) with 2.33 million (-26% change).
Season averages: 1.24 in the demo with 2.91 million.

Episode 04-10: Thursday, 04/18/13
1.3 in the demo (+8% change) with 3.13 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 1.26 in the demo with 2.97 million.

Episode 04-09: Thursday, 04/11/13
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 2.84 million (+22% change).
Season averages: 1.26 in the demo with 2.95 million.

Episode 04-08: Thursday, 04/04/13
1.0 in the demo (-9% change) with 2.32 million (-21% change).
Season averages: 1.26 in the demo with 2.96 million.

Episode 04-07: Thursday, 03/21/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 2.95 million (+14% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 3.05 million.

Episode 04-06: Thursday, 03/14/13
1.1 in the demo (-27% change) with 2.58 million (-22% change).
Season averages: 1.33 in the demo with 3.07 million.

Episode 04-05: Thursday, 03/07/13
1.5 in the demo (+25% change) with 3.29 million (+16% change).
Season averages: 1.38 in the demo with 3.17 million.

Episode 04-04: Thursday, 02/28/13
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 2.83 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 3.14 million.

Episode 04-03: Thursday, 02/21/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.08 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 3.24 million.

Episode 04-02: Thursday, 02/14/13
1.2 in the demo (-37% change) with 2.76 million (-29% change).
Season averages: 1.55 in the demo with 3.32 million.

Episode 04-01: Thursday, 02/07/13
1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.88 million total viewers
Season averages: 1.9 in the demo with 3.88 million.

While these numbers aren’t exactly great, the premiere was Community’s best rating since March 15, 2012. Compared to the season three debut, the show was up by 12% in the demo (vs a 1.7 rating) and up by 1% in viewers (vs 3.93 million).

Reference point: The third season averaged a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 3.42 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Community TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fifth season?

Gustavo April 26, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Troy and Abed in the moooooooorning!!! I love the plots, the characters, all of it… simply one of the most entertaining shows today. Looking forward to a lot of seasons ahead.

Dan April 7, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Put it on Netflix and boost exposure!! I love this show!

JC April 19, 2013 at 10:10 pm

They already have a contract to stream all previous seasons on Hulu Plus. Why do Netflix subscribers seem to think that Netflix is the only streaming service out there?

Mike April 21, 2013 at 7:19 am

Because Netflix is far superior to Hulu Plus? I don’t have commercials on Netflix and it costs exactly the same price per month. I had a 30 day trial to Hulu Plus and didn’t renew it after the expiration, I’ve had a subscription to Netflix for over 5 years.

Eric April 5, 2013 at 11:54 pm

The best show ever!!!! Russia loves it !!!

Sagir March 26, 2013 at 11:51 am

I have just recently discovered the show Community and I gotta say I’m hooked from the pilot episode. This show is absolutely hilarious and I just hope it gets better and better and gets more viewers and higher ratings so that it doesn’t have to cancel this soon.

libgirl March 16, 2013 at 12:55 am

This show is so inventive–it makes me laugh out loud even when I’watching it by myself–please keep it going! Cool cool cool!

DiscoSpider March 16, 2013 at 12:06 am

I love the show, and have watched almost every episode live since the pilot. Over 4 years, the show has practically become a part of me. I watch each episode multiple times, buy the DVDs and merchandise, and promote the show relentlessly on Facebook and Twitter. I’ve been with it through all the season renewal and other behind-the-scenes drama, which has really just strengthened my love for the show. It makes me sick though that anyone has stopped watching in season 4. It’s far from perfect, but seeing these characters playing off each other again still makes me deliriously happy, and I’ve gone through too much for Community to give up on it so easily. It makes me wonder if anyone who’s given up on the show really is a true Community fan.

Java March 9, 2013 at 2:41 am

I just found out about the show. Went through all 3 seasons in about 4 days. I think it’s terrible though that more people haven’t got on board. The only thing I can think of its that it wasn’t promo-ed enough.
All I can day is, if you really want to support community go out and buy the seasons on dvd. Especially if you can watch the show live. I mean after all that is how family guy made it back on the air.
Support community
#sixseasonsandamovie

Karla March 2, 2013 at 11:38 am

Do they factor in hulu? As a college student I don’t even own a TV so I get up early on friday morning to watch it. I need this show to go on for 2 more seasons

Jesse March 1, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Five words:
Six seasons and a movie.

Leslie February 23, 2013 at 6:59 pm

My husband and I love Community. We discovered it while visiting friends on vacation, when Season 3 had just begun. We rented the first two seasons on Netflix, but couldn’t catch up before season 3 was over, so we had to wait for it on DVD

SNAPPS February 20, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Community’s a great show and I started watching it because I’m a huge fan of Chevy Chase. I love all his National Lampoon movies along with the Fletch movies too. I think the show’s just hilarious and I always look forward to the next episode.

Sarah February 15, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I love Community. I just wish I wasn’t a DVR girl (working) and liked both it and Big Bang. Don’t suppose either network would consider running either show when I’m actually home? =)

Duke Wicker February 15, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I love the show community I think it is hilarious and original. There is nothing else on like it and if most people would give it a shot they would like it too.

MW February 15, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I love Community! They should definitely bring it back for another season. I am especially looking forward to the Inspector Spacetime convention, I think it might end up being my most favorite episode!

Angus February 8, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I found Season 4, Episode 1 to not be funny at all. Very disappointing, because I love the show and the cast. I’ll be back, but I hope it gets better.