Copper: Cancelled, No Third Season for BBC America Series

Copper canceled by BBC AmericaIt’s the end of the road for Copper on BBC America. The cable channel has announced that the show has been cancelled after two seasons. The cancellation comes following the show’s modest ratings.

In a statement, BBC America GM Perry Simon said, “The opportunity to work with Tom Fontana, Barry Levinson, Will Rokos, Thomas Kelly and the extraordinary cast and crew on this journey is one that we are extremely proud of.”

He continued, “Their vision to retell the immigrant experience through the melting pot of New York City was an original and fresh idea that melded well with the essence of BBC America’s programming. After 23 episodes, with Lincoln dead and the nation starting to heal, it seems a fitting moment to conclude this American story.”

The de facto series finale will air this Sunday. It’s called “The Place I Called My Home.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a third season of Copper? How would you have ended the series?

Shannon December 19, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Just watched both seasons on Netflix . I had never heard of the show before seeing it on Netflix . I love the show and hate that there is no season 3.

Tom Lacy December 12, 2014 at 6:29 pm

I loved the show!!! Bring it back!!!

Sunshine December 3, 2014 at 7:43 am

Cancelled!?!? If ratings was a problem it was lack of advertising. Now that it played on netflix its popularity has grown. Captivating drama and great acting but left off with to many questions. No other show besides Sherlock has left me on the edge of my seat at the end of a season, but to hear it was end of the season is so disappointing.

lmk66 December 3, 2014 at 8:27 am

If the new people on this page are just realizing that Copper has been cancelled and would like it to have a fighting chance of resolution, write to Netflix and ask them to pick up the show. Tom Fontana himself has said that Netflix is coppers less chance of coming back. Visit the Bring Back Copper page on Facebook for details….complete contact info is there

ALDERLEY December 1, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Very disappointed to find out that BBC’S Copper was canceled. Bummer! Just finished, on Netflix, episode 23 and want more. Hate it when there isn’t a conclusion.

pam December 2, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Found this awesome series at the public library. Never heard of it? What a quality production not often seen anymore! Very very good acting, film, costumes, characters! sorry to end?

ray November 20, 2014 at 10:31 am

I was sorry to hear the show was to be canced, but really not siprised, even though the show was a rare treat that combined quality of production plus story, it not the kind of things most Americans want to hear about that time in our history. Most want to hear( in a TV production) that all was right with the world and such situations as portraied in the series didn’t exist. We made TV productions based in the same era, but they always showed a time of qant living and clean streets(again I must say, with the exception of large budget movies, not TV) . As I said this was a rare treat I only hope there will at least be a TV movie.

MGV November 12, 2014 at 10:41 pm

It was a really good show. Everything about the show was great. Would have loved it if it continued with another season.

jamie monk November 10, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I Loved Loved Loved this show I hate there will not be a season 3

Mariann November 1, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Copper cancelled….no season 3 …no answer to questions? What happened to Eva?
The acting was superb, the story lines believable, ending with us wanting more.

Who made that decision? Not the viewers.

phil October 29, 2014 at 5:06 pm

very realistic series, sorry to hear there will be no season 3. We have it made now a days, because of the sufferings and sacrifices of the people who built this country.. The series made me realize how young this country is,

Diane McGuire October 28, 2014 at 10:26 am

We are upset that the series has been cancelled. We were looking forward to the next season. I think that the network should have a two hour series finale to clear up loose story ends. Netflix did that for a mystery show called “The Killing”. They added 6 episodes and finished the story. The characters were great. I hope the actors go on to better things.

Brian M payne October 22, 2014 at 1:39 am

I thought it was an excellent series. Well done in most every aspect. I thought the end of the second season provided many a potential avenue. After all the effort in character development, with the foundation laid to digress and evolve, it seems a shame to simply stop at that point where interest peaked. I was disappointed at the cancellation.

deyon October 21, 2014 at 5:00 pm

I as I say YOU GUYZ CANCELLED COPPER that show was sooo good . what do you guys want, why start something and don’t finish it.. I really hope you will really make a two hour movie out of it,,,Thats what all production company should do when they cancelled a show end it by making a little movie out of it so people can be at ease that’s what I think thanks

Anonymous October 20, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Copper has to come back. It is the closest thing to truth as any tv series has offered.