Copper: Cancelled, No Third Season for BBC America Series

Copper canceled by BBC AmericaIt’s the end of the road for Copper on BBC America. The cable channel has announced that the show has been cancelled after two seasons. The cancellation comes following the show’s modest ratings.

In a statement, BBC America GM Perry Simon said, “The opportunity to work with Tom Fontana, Barry Levinson, Will Rokos, Thomas Kelly and the extraordinary cast and crew on this journey is one that we are extremely proud of.”

He continued, “Their vision to retell the immigrant experience through the melting pot of New York City was an original and fresh idea that melded well with the essence of BBC America’s programming. After 23 episodes, with Lincoln dead and the nation starting to heal, it seems a fitting moment to conclude this American story.”

The de facto series finale will air this Sunday. It’s called “The Place I Called My Home.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a third season of Copper? How would you have ended the series?

traci March 20, 2015 at 7:23 pm

This was a great show. I just finished watching season 2. I would love to see season 3. Really disappointed.

Ricardtb March 16, 2015 at 9:37 am

Not surprised it was cancelled. Typically, shows I like are cancelled. Bummer.

Max W Parker February 20, 2015 at 5:36 pm

I just heard about it late and caught up on next flix, I would LOVE and do anything for a season 3. They can’t shut it down! I’m fairly wealthy, I would be willing to put 5 million dollars into the broadcast because I know it would get the ratings it deserves.

dingyharryreid February 12, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Copper. loved the show. was as good as peaky blinders, my other favorite. could easily have gone a few more seasons. very sad. talented actors, great plot and story lines. great writing and great directing and cinematography. compared to the shit on network TV this show stood out like a fly in a bowl of milk. very sad to see it go…………….

Susan S February 6, 2015 at 12:57 am

What a shame. This was a exciting tv experience and should have continued.

Carlos February 4, 2015 at 1:31 am

Really sucks!! The last episode was clearly not intended as a series ender. After Corky returns to NY, he enters Paradise and finds 2 dead whores in barrels but Eva is nowhere to be found. The corrupt scumbag, Eustice, is waiting for him (with the other town officials) to begin his new boss position. The way the series should have ended was in a 3rd season where the eventual dismantling of Tamany Hall could be portrayed. I admit, the final episode was a bit awkward and contrived, but the series was terrific. After Magic City was yanked, I swore never to watch Starz again and have stuck to my vow. I will do the same with BBC.

Melanie January 27, 2015 at 8:34 am

We watched Copper on Netflix. Would LOVE a third season!!!

Cherry January 23, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Love it. Great cast and characters. I’d love to see a season 3.

Harrella January 12, 2015 at 10:53 am

My husband and I loved Copper series. We caught up with it on Netflix. Would love to see another series. Bring it back please.

Tess January 3, 2015 at 8:12 pm

I’m very sorry to hear that this show was cancelled. My husband and I enjoyed it very much.

Rick B. December 24, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I, too, recently discovered this fantastic series on Netflix. Why had I not heard of it before? Oh, right. Advertising. Bring it back. Please!!!