Copper: Cancelled, No Third Season for BBC America Series

Copper canceled by BBC AmericaIt’s the end of the road for Copper on BBC America. The cable channel has announced that the show has been cancelled after two seasons. The cancellation comes following the show’s modest ratings.

In a statement, BBC America GM Perry Simon said, “The opportunity to work with Tom Fontana, Barry Levinson, Will Rokos, Thomas Kelly and the extraordinary cast and crew on this journey is one that we are extremely proud of.”

He continued, “Their vision to retell the immigrant experience through the melting pot of New York City was an original and fresh idea that melded well with the essence of BBC America’s programming. After 23 episodes, with Lincoln dead and the nation starting to heal, it seems a fitting moment to conclude this American story.”

The de facto series finale will air this Sunday. It’s called “The Place I Called My Home.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a third season of Copper? How would you have ended the series?

262 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Richard says

I just browse through the programs on Netflix and discovered this one a couple of months ago. This is a great program and I was hoping to have it end with good thoughts and a look to better days for the immigrants as a result of the good but harsh works of the chief character. I hope we see more episodes at some point in the future.

2. says

Season two is left with such a cliffhanger. There was no wrap up. What happened at the Paradise? I hope Netflix will pick up the show.

3. says

THIS IS SUCH A SHAME. THIS IS BETTER THAN SOME OF THE SHOWS ON THE MAJOR NETWORKS. WHY CAN’T SEASON 3 BE RENEWED??????????/

4. traci says

This was a great show. I just finished watching season 2. I would love to see season 3. Really disappointed.

5. says

I just heard about it late and caught up on next flix, I would LOVE and do anything for a season 3. They can’t shut it down! I’m fairly wealthy, I would be willing to put 5 million dollars into the broadcast because I know it would get the ratings it deserves.

6. says

Copper. loved the show. was as good as peaky blinders, my other favorite. could easily have gone a few more seasons. very sad. talented actors, great plot and story lines. great writing and great directing and cinematography. compared to the **** on network TV this show stood out like a fly in a bowl of milk. very sad to see it go…………….

7. Carlos says

Really sucks!! The last episode was clearly not intended as a series ender. After Corky returns to NY, he enters Paradise and finds 2 dead whores in barrels but Eva is nowhere to be found. The corrupt scumbag, Eustice, is waiting for him (with the other town officials) to begin his new boss position. The way the series should have ended was in a 3rd season where the eventual dismantling of Tamany Hall could be portrayed. I admit, the final episode was a bit awkward and contrived, but the series was terrific. After Magic City was yanked, I swore never to watch Starz again and have stuck to my vow. I will do the same with BBC.

8. Harrella says

My husband and I loved Copper series. We caught up with it on Netflix. Would love to see another series. Bring it back please.

9. Rick B. says

I, too, recently discovered this fantastic series on Netflix. Why had I not heard of it before? Oh, right. Advertising. Bring it back. Please!!!