Copper: Cancelled, No Third Season for BBC America Series

Copper canceled by BBC AmericaIt’s the end of the road for Copper on BBC America. The cable channel has announced that the show has been cancelled after two seasons. The cancellation comes following the show’s modest ratings.

In a statement, BBC America GM Perry Simon said, “The opportunity to work with Tom Fontana, Barry Levinson, Will Rokos, Thomas Kelly and the extraordinary cast and crew on this journey is one that we are extremely proud of.”

He continued, “Their vision to retell the immigrant experience through the melting pot of New York City was an original and fresh idea that melded well with the essence of BBC America’s programming. After 23 episodes, with Lincoln dead and the nation starting to heal, it seems a fitting moment to conclude this American story.”

The de facto series finale will air this Sunday. It’s called “The Place I Called My Home.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a third season of Copper? How would you have ended the series?

Robert & Gwynn Gustafson April 25, 2014 at 9:19 am

Please bring back Copper . This show is a master piece. Some one hear in the USA will pick up this story. You are going to missed the boat!

Robert & Gwynn Gustafson April 25, 2014 at 9:13 am

My wife & I just fell in love with Copper when we visited New Zealand with family. We have been buying the series hear. We are are also getting Ripper Street. Please bring Copper to come back. I know there is lot of people hear in the USA it will be missed. Bobby & Gwynn

Robert April 23, 2014 at 3:04 am

I fell in love with this show from day one! Very bummed to see this or even think of it being cancelled.
I feel that the show has been establishing a great story line and history.
Definitely not the place to end a series!!!

Odilia Brubaker April 13, 2014 at 11:54 pm

I am shocked and very disappointed to find out that the tv show Copper has been cancelled. I believe it to be in the category of one of the best playing at this time. It was very refreshing, interesting, authentic, and left you anxiously awaiting for the next episode. That is an on going problem with television in these times a person gets wrapped up in the plot and really starts enjoying the entirety of the show and before its time is over the show gets dropped. So very very disappointing!!! Huge mistake this was a very poor decision.

Jennifer March 26, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I am very upset about the fact that Copper has been canceled. I hope that they rethink about canceling it.

Dave March 17, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I feel it was just beginning to start. With Lincoln just assassinated and the ward boss vacancies in the 6th ward there was so much more to the story I for one am sad to see such a well written period piece leave the air waves with so much left to be said.

sheena riggs March 12, 2014 at 10:17 am

CAN NOT BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED . I HAD NEVER WATCHED ANYTHING ON BBC UNTIL I HAPPEN TO FIND COPPER. NOW THERE ARE MORE SHOWS I WATCH UP THERE . MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE !! NO MORE BBC FOR ME. MY HUSBAND”S FAVE SHOW. HE WILL BE HIGHLY UPSET THAT COPPER WILL NOT RETURN.

Lovethecolorblue March 8, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Awful, awful news!!! Copper was unique, insightful, educational and very entertaining with messages showing the lives and levels of the lives and to what degrees were taken. I thoroughly enjoyed every weekly episode of the dark and brooding situations. I am a baby boomer was thirsts for history of our worlds and how they manifested. Members of my family lived to be as old as 120 years and these programs have given me insight as to what they endured to get me where I am today!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, RETHINK YOUR DECISION TO STOP FILMING THIS SHOW. COPPER is very significant!!!! Start it up and give it a promotion that will warrant a BIG FAN BASE.!!!! TRUST ME/US FOLKS who love this show!!!!!!

Ragnar2014 March 9, 2014 at 11:19 am

Unfortunately, the BBCA, has already “washed their hands” of the series.

If you look at previous posts, from Butterfly76, ThugQueenOf5Points, etc, there’s a campaign to bring the series back — either as a series or a movie to close the story line.

Carolyn March 2, 2014 at 12:54 pm

I am so disappointed that Copper has been cx’ed. Had been looking forward to the ongoing story. It was unique and different. Please reconsider. Good story line and acting. Blah on executive decisions.

Butterfly76 March 3, 2014 at 12:45 am

For those who are interested, there is a campaign going on, to bring back the show :

1. “Bring Back Copper”, which is a FB group, at ~ https://www.facebook.com/groups/575226115847540/

2. “Save Copper”, which is a FB page, at ~ https://www.facebook.com/SaveCopper

There are also 3 petitions …

The 1st one ~ https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bbc-america-renew-copper-tv-for-season-3

The 2nd one ~ http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bbc-america-bring-back-the-television-show-copper

The 3rd one ( which may, or may not, be working ) ~ http://www.change.org/petitions/bbcamerica-to-renew-copper-for-a-third-season#share

Gregory Sudia February 27, 2014 at 5:52 pm

I think that they are again making a poor choice cancelling Copper. This is a really interesting drama. As mentioned by others it also is educational showing life in New York.

Jacqueline February 27, 2014 at 2:40 pm

PLEASE bring Copper back!! I love this show!

Amanda February 26, 2014 at 12:43 am

Why? Why? Why? Such a good show!! Not to mention also educational as we’ll. please reconsider.

mark kozlowski February 23, 2014 at 10:06 am

very sorry to see this show end, there just is not alot of good programming on these days.
this is one of the good ones. VERY DISAPPOINTED

Karen Michelle Nutt February 22, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Sad to see the show has ended. :(

Howard February 18, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Disappointed. In addition to Fox News, I watch Justified, Cops, 48 Hrs., and was saddened to see one of my other favorite shows dropped. Bring it back!