Copper: Cancelled, No Third Season for BBC America Series

Copper canceled by BBC AmericaIt’s the end of the road for Copper on BBC America. The cable channel has announced that the show has been cancelled after two seasons. The cancellation comes following the show’s modest ratings.

In a statement, BBC America GM Perry Simon said, “The opportunity to work with Tom Fontana, Barry Levinson, Will Rokos, Thomas Kelly and the extraordinary cast and crew on this journey is one that we are extremely proud of.”

He continued, “Their vision to retell the immigrant experience through the melting pot of New York City was an original and fresh idea that melded well with the essence of BBC America’s programming. After 23 episodes, with Lincoln dead and the nation starting to heal, it seems a fitting moment to conclude this American story.”

The de facto series finale will air this Sunday. It’s called “The Place I Called My Home.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a third season of Copper? How would you have ended the series?

260 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

My wife & I just fell in love with Copper when we visited New Zealand with family. We have been buying the series hear. We are are also getting Ripper Street. Please bring Copper to come back. I know there is lot of people hear in the USA it will be missed. Bobby & Gwynn

2. Robert says

I fell in love with this show from day one! Very bummed to see this or even think of it being cancelled.
    I feel that the show has been establishing a great story line and history.
    Definitely not the place to end a series!!!

3. Odilia Brubaker says

I am shocked and very disappointed to find out that the tv show Copper has been cancelled. I believe it to be in the category of one of the best playing at this time. It was very refreshing, interesting, authentic, and left you anxiously awaiting for the next episode. That is an on going problem with television in these times a person gets wrapped up in the plot and really starts enjoying the entirety of the show and before its time is over the show gets dropped. So very very disappointing!!! Huge mistake this was a very poor decision.

4. Jennifer says

I am very upset about the fact that Copper has been canceled. I hope that they rethink about canceling it.

5. Dave says

I feel it was just beginning to start. With Lincoln just assassinated and the ward boss vacancies in the 6th ward there was so much more to the story I for one am sad to see such a well written period piece leave the air waves with so much left to be said.

6. sheena riggs says

CAN NOT BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED . I HAD NEVER WATCHED ANYTHING ON BBC UNTIL I HAPPEN TO FIND COPPER. NOW THERE ARE MORE SHOWS I WATCH UP THERE . MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE !! NO MORE BBC FOR ME. MY HUSBAND”S FAVE SHOW. HE WILL BE HIGHLY UPSET THAT COPPER WILL NOT RETURN.

7. Lovethecolorblue says

Awful, awful news!!! Copper was unique, insightful, educational and very entertaining with messages showing the lives and levels of the lives and to what degrees were taken. I thoroughly enjoyed every weekly episode of the dark and brooding situations. I am a baby boomer was thirsts for history of our worlds and how they manifested. Members of my family lived to be as old as 120 years and these programs have given me insight as to what they endured to get me where I am today!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, RETHINK YOUR DECISION TO STOP FILMING THIS SHOW. COPPER is very significant!!!! Start it up and give it a promotion that will warrant a BIG FAN BASE.!!!! TRUST ME/US FOLKS who love this show!!!!!!

• Ragnar2014 says

Unfortunately, the BBCA, has already “washed their hands” of the series.

If you look at previous posts, from Butterfly76, ThugQueenOf5Points, etc, there’s a campaign to bring the series back — either as a series or a movie to close the story line.

8. Carolyn says

I am so disappointed that Copper has been cx’ed. Had been looking forward to the ongoing story. It was unique and different. Please reconsider. Good story line and acting. Blah on executive decisions.

9. Gregory Sudia says

I think that they are again making a poor choice cancelling Copper. This is a really interesting drama. As mentioned by others it also is educational showing life in New York.

10. mark kozlowski says

very sorry to see this show end, there just is not alot of good programming on these days.
    this is one of the good ones. VERY DISAPPOINTED

11. Howard says

Disappointed. In addition to Fox News, I watch Justified, Cops, 48 Hrs., and was saddened to see one of my other favorite shows dropped. Bring it back!