Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey: Ratings

Cosmos ratingsIt’s been quite awhile since FOX programmed anything but animated shows on Sunday nights — and there certainly hasn’t been anything like Cosmos on the network before. Will their gamble pay off and bring in bigger ratings or, will it be a disappointment? We’ll see.

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey is a follow up to the Carl Sagan series from 1980 and is hosted by astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson. The series follows how humans discovered the laws of nature and the quest for knowledge.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

6/2 update: You can see the latest night’s ratings in context here.

These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the new Cosmos TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

166 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Alex says

I hope they bring another season of cosmos, cannot stand stupid reality shows like housewives and kardashians, no intelligence there, no wonder the intelligence of this country is going downhill.

2. Liz V says

I absolutely love this program!! Found it by accident when I had a foot cast & was out of commission for 2 months!! I’ve savor end each episode! I teach young children & I love history & science! Praying for another season to learn about space & the heavens!!

3. DeAndre Jones says

It upsets me that some of this trashy reality shows and what not stay on air, and here we have something very educational, visually fun and imaginative on air that’s not supported. I tuned in every Sunday to watch this show because of my interest in space and history. I’m patiently waiting for Season 2 but haven’t heard anything….WTH Fox!

• robert says

I am a little concerned since I have not heard anything at all about an upcoming season. I really hope they renew

4. Just Dave says

This show, if it’s information is supported, is not only entertaining but it is educational. The new season is well over due.

5. says

I agree wholeheartedly I really would like to see cosmos renewed. Neil DeGrasse Tyson studied under Carl Sagan and he was telling us about the time Carl Sagan invited Tyson to visit him.i really enjoyed cosmos.
    Tim Brown