Criminal Minds: Season Eight Ratings

Criminal Minds ratingsCBS’ Criminal Minds has long been a quiet staple of the network’s schedule. Will the ratings start to decline this year or will they grow instead? Stay tuned to find out.

The eighth season of Criminal Minds typically airs on Wednesday nights at 9pm on the CBS network. The cast includes Thomas Gibson, Joe Mantegna, A.J. Cook, Kirsten Vangsness, Matthew Gray Gubler, and Shemar Moore.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Criminal Minds is going to be cancelled or renewed for season nine.

Final season averages: 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.43 million total viewers.

Episodes 08-23 & 08-24: Wednesday, 05/22/13
2.8 in the demo (+8% change) with 11.01 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 2.87 in the demo with 11.43 million.

Episode 08-22: Wednesday, 05/15/13
2.6 in the demo (+4% change) with 10.56 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 2.87 in the demo with 11.47 million.

UPDATE: CBS has renewed the show for a ninth season.

Episode 08-21: Wednesday, 05/08/13
2.5 in the demo (+4% change) with 10.08 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.89 in the demo with 11.51 million.

Episode 08-20: Wednesday, 05/01/13
2.4 in the demo (-20% change) with 10.13 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 2.90 in the demo with 11.58 million.

Episode 08-19: Wednesday, 04/10/13
3.0 in the demo (+7% change) with 11.47 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 2.93 in the demo with 11.66 million.

Episode 08-18: Wednesday, 04/03/13
2.8 in the demo (-7% change) with 10.79 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 2.93 in the demo with 11.67 million.

Episode 08-17: Wednesday, 03/20/13
3.0 in the demo (+15% change) with 11.58 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 2.94 in the demo with 11.72 million.

Episode 08-16: Wednesday, 02/27/13
2.6 in the demo (0% change) with 10.33 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.93 in the demo with 11.73 million.

Episode 08-15: Wednesday, 02/20/13
2.6 in the demo (-7% change) with 10.69 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 2.95 in the demo with 11.82 million.

Episode 08-14: Wednesday, 02/06/13
2.8 in the demo (-10% change) with 11.98 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 2.98 in the demo with 11.90 million.

Episode 08-13: Wednesday, 01/23/13
3.1 in the demo (+7% change) with 11.84 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 2.99 in the demo with 11.90 million.

Episode 08-12: Wednesday, 01/16/13
2.9 in the demo (-7% change) with 12.64 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 2.98 in the demo with 11.90 million.

CBS TV show ratingsEpisode 08-11: Wednesday, 12/12/12
3.1 in the demo (+3% change) with 12.01 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 2.99 in the demo with 11.83 million.

Episode 08-10: Wednesday, 12/05/12
3.0 in the demo (+3% change) with 11.33 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 2.98 in the demo with 11.81 million.

Episode 08-09: Wednesday, 11/28/12
2.9 in the demo (+7% change) with 12.37 million (+7% change).
Season averages: 2.98 in the demo with 11.87 million.

Episode 08-08: Wednesday, 11/21/12
2.7 in the demo (-10% change) with 11.53 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 2.99 in the demo with 11.81 million.

Episode 08-07: Wednesday, 11/14/12
3.0 in the demo (0% change) with 12.20 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 3.03 in the demo with 11.85 million.

Episode 08-06: Wednesday, 11/07/12
3.0 in the demo (+3% change) with 12.09 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 3.03 in the demo with 11.79 million.

Episode 08-05: Wednesday, 10/31/12
2.9 in the demo (-7% change) with 11.99 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 3.04 in the demo with 11.73 million.

Episode 08-04: Wednesday, 10/24/12
3.1 in the demo (0% change) with 11.61 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 3.08 in the demo with 11.66 million.

Episode 08-03: Wednesday, 10/17/12
3.1 in the demo (+3% change) with 11.81 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 3.07 in the demo with 11.68 million.

Episode 08-02: Wednesday, 10/10/12
3.0 in the demo (-3% change) with 11.49 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 3.05 in the demo with 11.61 million.

Episode 08-01: Wednesday, 09/26/12
3.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.73 million total viewers.
Season averages: 3.10 in the demo with 11.73 million.

Compared to its season premiere a year ago, the show was down by 24% in the demo (vs a 4.1 rating) and down by 17% in viewers (vs 14.14 million).

Reference point: The seventh season averaged a 3.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 12.63 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Criminal Minds TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a ninth season?

Amazon.com Widgets

angela January 26, 2013 at 2:05 am

love.love and love this show please dont leave one the most realist series of the tv…here in the united states for i long time …so …i hope to see every wednesday …save it…criminal minds, yes it is the most…

MELISSA January 24, 2013 at 10:10 am

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL SHOW!! THIS IS THE ONLY REASON I WATCH CBS!!!!!!!!!

Wanda January 22, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Love Criminal Minds…it just keeps getting better….all the characters are great and I hope this show goes on and on…..

Louise Marie January 18, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Criminal Minds is my all time favorite. i vote YES, YES, YES for a another season. i love the way the writers had us get to know Reid and his girlfriend’s relationship before the actual show about them. Everything about Criminal Minds is great. I understand and accept the loss of Paget, and the new actress coming on scene is already accepted by me. However, i do not like change so i hope they do not make too many more. Again, i vote to KEEP Criminal Minds for another season.

Ellie January 18, 2013 at 11:29 am

Criminal Minds is absolutely the best show on TV. CSI Las Vegas is in its 14th season; Criminal Minds is every bit as good if not better. The awesome cast is deserving of Emmy’s for the dramatic portrayal of their characters over the years (particularly Thomas Gibson).

blucateyez January 18, 2013 at 1:06 am

I love the show criminal minds been a fan for a long time. Criminal minds is one of the best shows on TV there are whole lot of shows that need to be taken off not criminal minds.

Anonymous January 16, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Criminal minds is my absolute favorite show. I love it and watch it all the time. I own most of the seasons on dvd. They definately need to renew it for the ninth season. I’ll be so sad if they don’t.

Gini December 7, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Criminal Minds is CBS’s number 2 drama in the demo and one of the top 5 dramas on network television. I think it is pretty safe to assume that it will be renewed. My biggest concern is many members of the cast will be in contract negotiation for Season 9

imafan December 2, 2012 at 1:30 am

I love criminal minds. It is very different from other shows out there exploring the mindset and behavior of the antagonist. But, the themes are dark and lets face pretty grisly most of the time. What makes this show worth coming back for are really caring about the characters. There have been a lot of cast changes over the years and it is hard for a new character to be accepted. I think Jeanne Tripplehorn is a good actress and she is a good fit with the rest of the characters. I am intrigued that the BAU team has a stalker this season and Reid has a mystery woman.

Kelly December 1, 2012 at 3:50 pm

this iS the best show ever I’ve watched them all over an over can’t justify 13 season ogre csi an only 8 of criminal minds wen it the best by far

Suitnurse November 20, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I’ve been watching Criminal Minds since the 1st episode & it has been my favorite show since then! The writing & cast are top-notch & I definitely want it renewed. With 11 1/2 million regilar viewers, there are undoubtedly a multitude of CM series addicts like me! The show is totally awesome!

Pink October 28, 2012 at 3:57 pm

It is one of the best shoes on tv! I just discovered this show last year, my hubby and I love it. The best cast, and the best writers!

geri October 18, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I agree about Jeanne. Give her a chance. This show has been one of my favorites from the start of the series.

Ellie October 18, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I just discovered Criminal Minds this summer, but it has become my favorite show. I realize that fans are used to the team with Paget, but it was her decision to leave the show after all. We need to give Jeanne Tripplehorn a chance to fit in instead of criticizing her performance. Don’t withdraw support from the rest of the cast just because we’re not used to a new character. When Mandy Patinkin left after 2 seasons, the show survived, and it can again, if we all keep the faith! I definitely want it renewed.

Ellie October 18, 2012 at 12:50 pm