Crisis: New TV Show Cancelled by NBC

Crisis TV show canceled on NBCNBC is cleaning house on Sunday nights. They’ll surely cancel American Dream Builders, they’ve cancelled Believe and they’ve also cancelled Crisis as well.

An action/thriller series, Crisis finds out what might happen if the children of powerful people from Washington, DC were to be taken prisoner. The cast includes Dermot Mulroney, Rachael Taylor, Lance Gross, James Lafferty, Max Martini, Michael Beach, Stevie Lynn Jones, Halston Sage, Max Schneider, Joshua Erenberg, and Gillian Anderson.

Unfortunately, this show seemed doomed from the start. It debuted to lackluster ratings and the numbers sank lower and lower each week. At one point, Crisis drew just a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 3.73 million viewers.

On the upside, it seems likely that NBC will release of the remaining episodes. Eight of the 13 episodes have aired so far.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Crisis or is one season the right amount? Should it have been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,119 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Debbie says

I love this show! Was very shocked to hear they cancelled it I think they better rethink this one!

2. Dave P says

Is this some kind of sick joke?
    Here I was innocently searching for the next show date & time and come across this article saying it’s been canceled.
    This show is great. It’s become a favorite. I’ll be totally ticked off if they don’t air the remaining episodes giving the writers a chance to end it with some dignity at the very least.
    If NBC doesn’t, I’ll be giving it second thought to begin watching anything new by them. If something NBC starts that looks good, I’ll let the season play out as to be sure they finish it. Can always catch it on reruns
    Going to miss Believe too. I enjoyed it in a corny type of way.

• paul says

I agree……It was a great show…..please air the remaining episodes……soo good……I will miss it and NBC…..you suck.

3. Joanna Russell says

A lot of people don’t watch TV as they used to – DVR a show to watch later, so rating don’t mean much these days. I thought this show was pretty good and a welcome relief from most of the dross on. Too bad NBC.

4. G says

Please bring back Crisis for season 2 NBC! I was looking forward to seeing how it would end. It’s a good show that deserves a 2nd chance.

5. raven blue says

so sorry to see this show get canceled….I love all the twists & turns…….and would love to know how it ends…………..just like hostages………….it seems to be if a drama is too involved – too touchy of a subject (terrorist , hostages etc ) it gets canceled…….its great entertainment for our brains to get involved in shows like these………….much better than waste them on ALL those stupid reality shows………….I will miss this show :(

6. says

This makes me sick , really liked the Plot and loved the Cast .. Just another reason , that adds to my distsin for N.b.c. !!!! I will not watch any more shows on that network , till they have been renewed for a 2nd-Season ……

7. Debbie Hill says

We love the show look forward to it every week Hate to see it cancelled they need to give the shows a chance.

8. Phil Pratt says

I watched this show, even though I didn’t really like it, mostly out of curiosity. I just needed to know where it was going, and what the protagonist’s real motives were. I don’t want a second season, but by God, NBC owes me a resolution! If they just end it hear, I’m really going to be pissed! And unlikely to watch new shows in the future.

9. Crista says

Wow, shocked they cancelled this shoe. Or at least allow it to finish the current crisis with closure. Loved this show – the first episode had me hooked!

Will continue to wonder why networks think we will bother getting invested in a new show… What’s the point? The good thing is pretty soon I’m going to not have to pay for cable or satellite soon because again, what’s the point?

10. Maria says

90% of the acting really is… awful… but once we got wrapped up in it, we need to know how it ends.