Crossbones: Cancelled? NBC Series Shipped to Saturdays

Crossbones TV show on NBCNBC has decided that their low-rated Friday night drama, Crossbones, will now wrap with a pair of episodes on Saturday August 2nd. The installments had previously been set for Friday, August 1st and Friday, August 8th.

Though the network hasn’t said that Crossbones has been cancelled, the ratings have been terrible and it’s highly unlikely to return for a second season.

Crossbones revolves around the life of Edward Teach (John Malkovich), better known as Blackbeard the pirate, and his desire to aquire a valuable invention called the longitude chronometer. Others in the cast are Yasmine Al Massri, Richard Coyle, Claire Foy, David Hoflin, Tracy Ifeachor, and Chris Perfetti.

Here are the schedule notes:

UPDATES-NBC PRIMETIME SCHEDULE – Friday August 1, 2014 – Friday August 8, 2014

“RUNNING WILD WITH BEAR GRYLLS”

(X) “ZAC EFRON”

08/01/2014 (08:00PM – 09:00PM) (Friday) : SERIES PREMIERE – ZAC EFRON JOINS FAMED ADVENTURER AND SURVIVALIST ON NBC’S INSPIRING, LARGER-THAN-LIFE ADVENTURE REALITY SERIES — World-renowned survivalist Bear Grylls (“Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls,” “Man vs. Wild”) leads Zac Efron (“Neighbors”) on a non-stop extreme survival journey into the Northeast Appalachian mountain range wilderness. With Bear’s help, Zac challenges himself physically as well as mentally on an awe-inspiring journey he could never have imagined. TV-PG L

“DATELINE NBC”

(X) “FR2345″

08/01/2014 (09:00PM – 10:00PM) (Friday) :

“NBC NEWS SPECIAL”

(X) “HANNAH ANDERSON: ANATOMY OF A KIDNAPPING”

08/01/2014 (10:00PM – 11:00PM) (Friday) :

“CROSSBONES”

(X) “CROSSBONES”

08/02/2014 (08:00PM – 09:00PM) (Saturday) : Blackbeard sets sail, setting the endgame in motion… and testing the loyalty of his crew to the limits and beyond. Back on Santa Compana, Kate trusts Tom Lowe with a startling request… that leaves him minutes to save both their lives. TV-14 V

“CROSSBONES”

(X) “BLACKBEARD”

08/02/2014 (09:00PM – 10:00PM) (Saturday) : Fire rains down on Santa Campana as Blackbeard (John Malkovich) risks all against William Jagger’s (guest star Julian Sands) maniacal attack. Lowe (Richard Coyle) must choose between saving the people he loves, the man he admires…. and the legacy Edward Teach has built. Also starring Yasmine Al Massri, Claire Foy, David Hoflin, Tracy Ifeachor, and Chris Perfetti. TV-14 V

“RUNNING WILD WITH BEAR GRYLLS”

(X) “BEN STILLER”

08/08/2014 (08:00PM – 09:00PM) (Friday) : BEN STILLER EMBARKS ON A JOURNEY OF A LIFETIME TO TEST HIMSELF – World-renowned survivalist Bear Grylls (“Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls,” “Man vs. Wild”) meets actor Ben Stiller (“Secret Life of Walter Mitty”) on the rugged mountains of the Isle of Skye in Northern Scotland to go on a once in a lifetime adventure. As they explore their surroundings Bear tests Ben’s limits in an effort to see how he measures up to the unpredictable and unforgiving challenges of Mother Nature. TV-PG L

“DATELINE NBC”

(X) “FR2346″

08/08/2014 (09:00PM – 11:00PM) (Friday) :

What do you think? Have you been enjoying the Crossbones series? Would you watch a second season or, should it be cancelled?

emCass5 August 3, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Crossbones is a great escape from all the same old boring law and cop shows that flood tv now-a-days. How can one not enjoy the entertainment and excitment of a pirate’s life. There are so many possiblities another season can explore. I do hope this is not the end.

Susanne August 3, 2014 at 9:17 am

I left a comment- it didn’t go through. I loved this show, with Malkovich’s great acting and the good looking Dr. I hope the writers bring Edward back to life-he was fascinating, and continue the series.

Susanne August 3, 2014 at 9:11 am

I loved this show. It was something different, and Malkovich’s acting was incredible. The doctor wasn’t hard to look at either. But with Edward dead, I don’t know how it can go on. I’m sure the writers can bring him back to life. I wish they would!

Bowden August 3, 2014 at 4:07 am

DO NOT CANCEL CROSSBONES! My Dad and Mom love it. NBC please get it together.

Cotton August 3, 2014 at 4:01 am

Correction is not solely on ratings.

Cotton August 3, 2014 at 3:59 am

We are very disappointed of the canceling of Crossbones. We enjoyed and looked forward to it each week. It’s sad to think that reality shows have taken over the enjoyment of entertaining television. We truly believe that it’s demise is solely on ratings. Our friends and family enjoy Crossbones as well. Lastly, hell yes we would watch a season two, three and so on.

Kathleen Papajohn August 3, 2014 at 3:32 am

I LOVED this show. It just goes to show that shows that are promoted are renewed whether or not they are good, and shows that are well-written and superbly acted are cancelled because no one knows about them. Personally, I don’t know who makes these decisions at NBC, but they have not been doing their job. NBC’s schedule certainly should not be losing quality shows like this one.

mrsmousefan August 3, 2014 at 3:20 am

I have been loyal from the first episode until the final, I would consider Crossbones to be a fine series to follow, with that said those of the folks watching that don’t live in or around the Bay Area of CA, could not know what a challenge it has been to watch all episodes… you see it has been juggled around by NBC like a kid sister you don’t want following you… I do admit that John Malkovich was first to catch my eye, But when I looked into to rest of the cast and spotted Richard Coyle, I was completely hooked. This show it the utmost in great plot twists and turns, I personally would not be able to fathom why NBC should not bring this delightful escape back next season!!! MORE PIRATES NEXT SEASON PLEASE!!! This is a truly great show with Fantastic actors and actresses!!!
Jack really does have a point except that it is CBS with ABC as a close second, so come on NBC prove all of us wrong keep Crossbones!!!

Junebug August 3, 2014 at 1:35 am

I thought it was terrific. Malcovich does evil brilliantly. Coyle and the rest of the cast gave superb performances as well. I’m sorry it ended. I’ll miss them all.

Curt August 3, 2014 at 1:13 am

This is a great show. Friday/Saturday night time slots rarely do well. I am very disappointed to hear it’s being cancelled.
I am so tired of reality shows I want to scream #@&*$%#!

Brandye August 3, 2014 at 12:50 am

I’ve been watchin Blackbeard from the beginning. I think it should stay On air! It was a show that actually was worth watching! NBC is crazy if they let it go, not to mention John malkovich get away! He’s a once in a lifetime A+ actor doing Tv. Are u kidding me? One of the greats if not the greatest. His ability & craft make this show a must watch & believable!if they loose it & him NBC will soon regret it in a major way! This show can go On the way they left it with him alive & all…. Would make for a heck of a comeback!! Hope NBC reads this & all that has been written cuz we all enjoyed the show! Please,please, bring it (Blackbeard) & John back

Jack August 2, 2014 at 10:14 pm

I have followed this show since the beginning. I am very ticked that NBC showed the last two episodes tonight since I was expecting them last night. I missed both episodes. This is the second time NBC has done this to me. They also did it with the very funny show, Growing Up Fisher. I will not be watching NBC at all in the future. It has become Reality TV and Crime Crap all the time. ABC is a far superior network.

Msbabbit August 2, 2014 at 10:08 pm

I thought it should go on but after how they ended it I am not sure how it can go on..

Glynis August 2, 2014 at 10:06 pm

I’ve come to love this show! John Malkovich is superb and compared to the other junk on – this series is a winner. Please give it a chance and don’t cancel!

Amanda August 2, 2014 at 9:23 pm

This show is fantastic!! I love it!