Crossbones: Season One Ratings

Crossbones TV show on NBC ratingsA couple years ago, NBC aired Crusoe, an adventure series based on the classic Robinson Crusoe novel and character. It was quickly cancelled. Now, the network is trying Crossbones, another adventure series about the same era. Will this one be a success and be renewed for a second season or, will it be cancelled as well? We’ll have to wait and see.

Crossbones revolves around the life of Edward Teach (John Malkovich), better known as Blackbeard the pirate, and his desire to aquire a valuable invention called the longitude chronometer. Others in the cast are Yasmine Al Massri, Richard Coyle, Claire Foy, David Hoflin, Tracy Ifeachor, and Chris Perfetti.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.68 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Crossbones TV show? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Raymond Kennedy July 26, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I’m HOOKED!! I’m also snakebit. It seems every show I find interesting gets cancelled. Each week show became better and better. please don’t cancel.

Chef Guy July 26, 2014 at 12:01 pm

The show was a breath of fresh air!!
There’s way too many police programing. Now you, have cops in taxi’s chasing bad guys.
Crossbones followers were on the edge of their seats until next week’s episode. The interruptions of programing for 2 weeks didn’t help the show any at all.
This show should get one more shot. I don’t think it was given a fair shake. With 4 million the first week, 3 million the second shows there was intrest. Then having a 2 week loss didn’t keep the numbers adding im sure.
If anyone has a pair, they’d take another shot!
This show has the potential to pull Friday night out of NBC’s trash barrel.
To the “powers that be” who follow this post board. You have my email. Drop me a line, I’ll be more in depth as to why people really like this program.
Chef Guy

Sandy July 26, 2014 at 11:48 am

I really like this show a lot. I’m hoping it’s renewed. Each episode has great stories and it all ties together so well. There isn’t another show on TV like this and I’m so sick of the other genres. The rating worry me though. I’m hoping NBC will see that it’s worth keeping.

monica July 26, 2014 at 11:15 am

Love CROSSBONES finely something that is exciting and unpredictable

Jenn July 25, 2014 at 11:47 pm

I love crossbones!!! The acting and story lines are great! It’s nice to see a show with some real plot for a change. I also love that I don’t know how the story will twist next. Most shoes are so predictable. Again, renew this show for season two it’s just going pick up more and more viewers!!!

LLT July 25, 2014 at 11:24 pm

I love this show! The acting is so good & the story is just great! John M. & Richard Coyle are great together. So sad, it will probably be cancelled. I never miss an episode. Great show, anyway!

Carol Fortier July 25, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Love the show watch it every week

Dennis July 22, 2014 at 12:37 am

Love it!

Jan July 20, 2014 at 2:12 pm

I LOVE Crossbones!!! I’m so effin sick of reality shows & doctor/lawyer shows! Crossbones is a breath of fresh air. I don’t have to lot of faith that it will be renewed tho simply because it’s one of the major network shows. It just seems like they aren’t willing to give shows a chance like the cable channels do. Idk, maybe I’m wrong. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Crossbones tho.

fatalfeline July 20, 2014 at 12:10 am

I really hope Crossbones is renewed. Others have mentioned the refreshing change from reality shows, cop shows, firefighter shows and I definitely agree. I am a huge fan of John Malkovich. His participation alone is a mark of excellence and NBC should cling to it. He is incredible to watch, and his brilliant portrayal of Blackbeard keeps me tuned in to each episode. At this point however, I am intrigued by the other subplots as well. Be brave execs of NBC ~ you have a unique franchise that boasts an intelligent A-list actor. Don’t make the mistake of succumbing to deciding the fate of this series on one season. There has to be some channel that provides smart programming, let it be you. I foresee Crossbones joining the ranks of The Blacklist if given the opportunity.

Davis McDonald July 19, 2014 at 1:35 am

I love it, Malkivich is brilliant

Creatrish July 18, 2014 at 11:43 pm

This is so much better than the “procedurals” that flood the channels, or the reality shows that numb our brains. The british accent is refreshing and sounds more real, rather than making them sound like mid-westerners. The storyline is new and refreshing. And of course Richard Coyle, David Holfin and Claire Foy are a treat to the eye. How couls they NOT renew it??

Cathy July 18, 2014 at 10:00 am

I watched the first show and switched back to watching reruns of Blue Bloods!

AhoyMatey July 15, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I LOVE the old-fashion pirate stuff! Even as a kid I loved pirate stories….previous life, perhaps? I hope the show continues without the long breaks in between.

Brian Sanfilippo July 14, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I would like to see it renewed. It is a great escape entertainment. Period pieces are few and hard to fine these days. Don’t get me wrong, Sci-Fi is great and so are cop dramas but there are so many and they are permeating the landscape of Television at this time. Our world history is so ripe with stories to tell. True westerns were all over in the 50’s and 60’s but still not much from the previous century or two. Look at all the noise Disney did with the Pirates franchise or the fact that America has a “Pirate Day”. More and more Americans are getting involved in that as well. Arrrr, Shiver me timbers matey, NBC better not be cancelling Crossbones. They might just find some swashbuckling Pirate-faire going down to 30 Rockefeller if they are not careful.