Crossbones: Season One Ratings

Crossbones TV show on NBC ratingsA couple years ago, NBC aired Crusoe, an adventure series based on the classic Robinson Crusoe novel and character. It was quickly cancelled. Now, the network is trying Crossbones, another adventure series about the same era. Will this one be a success and be renewed for a second season or, will it be cancelled as well? We’ll have to wait and see.

Crossbones revolves around the life of Edward Teach (John Malkovich), better known as Blackbeard the pirate, and his desire to aquire a valuable invention called the longitude chronometer. Others in the cast are Yasmine Al Massri, Richard Coyle, Claire Foy, David Hoflin, Tracy Ifeachor, and Chris Perfetti.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.68 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Crossbones TV show? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Kathy Whetsel August 3, 2014 at 9:30 pm

PLEASE do not cancel this wonderful show!!!!! The acting is fantastic and there is so much more story to tell. I am a history buff but also crave superb drama and this show fits the bill smartly!!!!!

Suzanne August 3, 2014 at 7:35 pm

I like the show because the scenes, sets, and period costumes are beautiful. The show gives viewers a chance to imagine the characters lives during that time. The writing is good with the exception of a few glitches. I did not like the writing at the end–where Blackbeard was supposedly killed and beheaded, and then reappears. It seemed that the writers didn’t put as much effort in writing the end. The ending scenes are supposed to be the best parts. I felt disappointed and wanted a more detailed ending. I like suspense, but I also like to feel that I can follow the plot–and not feel completely stupid.

I hope the show continues. All the best.

Natalia August 3, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I have yet to understand why and when a show is good they cancel it and then replace it with so many of these reality shows that suck. Crossbones is a great example of good series of television . NBC give it a chance for hells sake. How can you tell in one season if a show will be good or not? Remember this aired in the middle of summer, when people are outside most of the time. Give it another season to grow.

Roman Darien August 3, 2014 at 6:23 pm

I don’t care. I didn’t like it anyway.

Candy Muscat August 3, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Love the Crossbone series, I thin it diffently should give it one more series to get viewers a shnce to get addicted

LEG August 3, 2014 at 6:06 pm

According to an artical I found, Cross Bones had been officially cancelled! :-(

“Sorry Blackbeard, NBC is sentencing you to the plank.

TV Line confirms the John Malkovich led pirate drama Crossbones has been officially cancelled by NBC. After Friday’s new episode at 10PM, the final two episodes of the series will air back-to-back on Saturday, August 2nd at 8/7c. Meanwhile, the series Friday time slot will be handed over to Dateline specials.”

admin August 3, 2014 at 7:50 pm

If you read the original article, it doesn’t say that the show has been cancelled — officially or otherwise.
However, as I’ve written elsewhere, there’s essentially no chance that they’ll be ordering more episodes.

Rosemary August 3, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Never missed an episode.great acting and plots. Hope it is not cancelled

T Juarez August 3, 2014 at 3:40 pm

I love the show and I love John Malkovich. Too many good adventure or feel good shows are getting cancelled. I love hearing him speak and his education and intellect, diction and vocabulary are so wonderful to hear. Great characters and setting. Super period piece.

Kay August 3, 2014 at 1:02 pm

My husband and I are hooked on Crossbones, so it will probably be cancelled lol I hope not

Lee podeszek August 3, 2014 at 11:44 am

like show /maybe 2 season would get more viewers

laurs August 3, 2014 at 11:31 am

I absolutely love this show, it shouldn’t be cancelled based on rating. Give it a chance. So many good shows get cancelled, and those crappy realty tv shows keep getting renewed. Please stop the madness more tv series not ridiculous realty tv.

Deb August 3, 2014 at 11:28 am

I love this show. Actors are great! Has a real story line. Please do not cancel this show. It’s different enough from other shows that have inundated tv and is something to look forward too.

wayne August 3, 2014 at 10:37 am

Please do not cancel this show it is great a lot better than those silly shows nbc abc cbs have renewed GREAT ACTORS IN THIS SHOW

Cj August 3, 2014 at 10:29 am

Come on give this show a chance!! The networks barely give a good drama with amazing actors a chance BUT yet they will give STUPID sitcoms that are killing our brain cells a chance again AND again and again!,

a wigley August 3, 2014 at 10:19 am

Keep Crossbones going – smartly now!