Crossbones

Crossbones TV show on NBCNetwork: NBC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: May 30, 2014 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: John Malkovich, Yasmine Al Massri, Richard Coyle, Claire Foy, David Hoflin, Tracy Ifeachor, and Chris Perfetti.

current TV show

TV show description:
This action drama is set in the year 1729 and takes place on the secret island of Santa Compana. Barbarous pirate Edward “Blackbeard” Teach (John Malkovich) reigns over a rogue nation of thieves, outlaws and miscreants.

Selima El Sharad (Yasmine Al Massri) is Blackbeard’s love interest and intellectual equal as they rule the island of pirates. Part shantytown, part utopia, and part marauder’s paradise, this is a place like no other.

Blackbeard has designs on the longitude chronometer, an invention that will change the world. During a massive attack on an English vessel, his most trusted pirates attempt to steal the device.

But on board is Tom Lowe (Richard Coyle), an English spy working undercover as ship’s surgeon. Lowe’s mission is to prevent the chronometer from falling into the hands of pirates — and to assassinate Blackbeard, should the opportunity arise.

Taken as prisoner to Santa Compana, Lowe must find a way to reassemble the precious chronometer, all while trying to uncover Blackbeard’s master plan. It’s a plan that includes a greater threat to the English throne than merely pirates.

Other characters include Kate Balfour (Claire Foy), Charlie Rider (David Hoflin), Nenna Ajanlekoko (Tracy Ifeachor), and Tim Fletch (Chris Perfetti).
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Crossbones TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Lois Brown August 3, 2014 at 11:43 pm

I have really enjoyed this show and hope you won’t cancel it.The acting is just great and the leaves you wanting to no whats next.

Crossbones Fan August 3, 2014 at 9:19 pm

I have really enjoyed watching this show, Crossbones. It is unique and different and holds your interests. I hope it is renewed!

Tracy givens August 3, 2014 at 8:17 pm

NBC please do not cancel crossbones. This is the only show on nbc I watch. It would be a shame the only show on your network I watch would be canceled. Your network seems to take great shows with high popularity and ratings and cancels them…..yet you find shows like big brother air worthy. Please keep this on.

Cheryl W August 3, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I really like the show Crossbones and it should be renewed.

Rosemary August 3, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Please renew this show. Great acting and plots. Have seen all episodes. Enough of the real lives of crap, big brother etc. too much reality and no quality shows.

LEG August 3, 2014 at 5:45 pm

According to an artical I found, Cross Bones had been officially cancelled! :-(

“Sorry Blackbeard, NBC is sentencing you to the plank.

TV Line confirms the John Malkovich led pirate drama Crossbones has been officially cancelled by NBC. After Friday’s new episode at 10PM, the final two episodes of the series will air back-to-back on Saturday, August 2nd at 8/7c. Meanwhile, the series Friday time slot will be handed over to Dateline specials.”

LEG August 3, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Dateline Specials! Oh yes…we need more discouraging news about how the Middle Eastern countries are blowing each other up; how Putin is screwing yet another country and threatening other European countries; how China is STILL stealing USA technology and making it’s citizens become slaves…although not picking cotton.

admin August 3, 2014 at 7:50 pm

If you read the original article, it doesn’t say that the show has been cancelled — officially or otherwise.
However, as I’ve written elsewhere, there’s essentially no chance that they’ll be ordering more episodes.

Denise August 3, 2014 at 2:11 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL CROSSBONES!!! Are you out of your mind? A really good series comes on and you want to cancel it? That is the dumbest idea I have ever heard of.

dps August 3, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Why is it that every time some decent programming comes on a network (and I’m not just targeting NBC), that programming gets cancelled. But… The damn reality shows keep going year after disgusting year.

NBC: Try doing the right thing. Keep Crossbones and dump any reality show (you pick).

LLT August 3, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I totally agree with dps! I am so sick of reality shows. Crossbones was a very well acted show, with lots of great actors & characters. I looked forward to every episode with excitement. I may be 68yrs. old; but still enjoy swashbuckling adventure stories. John Malkovich was fantastic, as always; but my favorite was Richard Coyle. I will truly miss this show!

LEG August 3, 2014 at 5:48 pm

It’s a sad affair when the networks only care about cheap programming and disregard any chance of quality and entertaining TV. I have tons of channels but wear out batteries with my constant searching for anything that comes close to entertaining. It’s a good that that I have a lot of DVDs from shows that were produced with quality in mind…but have long finished its run or have been cancelled.

Let me run the networks…and Hollywood for that matter and I’ll give the viewers quality TV again!!

Raymond Kennedy August 3, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Looking at Comcast VOD top 100 shows and Crossbones is in the top third. some ones watching. I am. I enjoyed every minute and as the season progressed it got even better. Just preordered season one and hope that there is a second.

Karen August 3, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Can’t believe you are canceling this after one season. I have watched this show every week. True the time slot is same as another show I watch on another network but I record these shows. The story is a mystery and keeps you guessing, I love shows like shis. How about canning the reality shows, they stink to high heaven

Ward Green August 3, 2014 at 12:41 pm

I agree with the comments above. One of the best series to come along in a long time. We are not reality show people. Seems every time a really good show comes along, it gets cancelled. Most TV today is boring. Come on give it a chance in a better time slot.

Rick August 3, 2014 at 9:03 am

Crossbones is an incredible show – loved the season finale. Don’t screw up again NBC – your politics are bad enough as is your newsroom but The Firm, Revolution, Harry’s Law, Crossing Borders and now Crossbones? You keep Parks & Recreation which hasn’t been funny since season three? We’re not all Reality Show “airheads!”

Iris Wells August 3, 2014 at 4:16 am

Do Not Cancel….Excellent Series!!!

Robert Hahn August 3, 2014 at 3:24 am

This show is great, and was never given a fair chance, being slotted at 10:00 PM Friday nights. John Malkovich is brilliant as always as the fierce yet fair Black Beard. The writing is film quality, and all the actors are excellent. This show should be renewed in a better time slot, but sadly it probably will never happen, because the latest trend in network television is the one season TV series, like, “24,” the studios don’t care if we want more or not’ they believe that they can feed us what ever they like and we will just accept it, and so far they’re right! Thank God for FX, AMC, USA, IFC, and HBO, Showtime, etc. , who put out fine shows, and give them time to build their audience!

Sharon G. August 3, 2014 at 1:40 pm

I totally agree and you can add TNT to that list as well. The major networks make money their primary concern and getting big advertisers. When ratings don’t show a great return, then it’s adios. So many good shows have been cancelled before their time.

Anonymous August 3, 2014 at 1:48 am

Just watched 7 episodes im hooked!!!!