Crossing Lines: A Second Season or Cancelled on NBC?

Crossing Lines canceled or renewed for season two?Last night, NBC aired the finale of Crossing Lines. The season ended on a cliffhanger that has viewers itching for season two. Will the show be renewed, or will it be cancelled instead?

Crossing Lines follows a former NYPD officer who’s become addicted to morphine and ends up working as a trash collector for a carnival in the Netherlands. The International Criminal Court recognizes his worth and recruits him to help investigate crimes that cross international borders.

The show stars William Fichtner, Marc Lavoine, Gabriella Pession, Tom Wlaschiha, Moon Dailly, Richard Flood, and Donald Sutherland.

The police procedural series debuted June 23rd to a disappointing 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.38 million viewers. The first hour ranked a distant third in its timeslot, easily beaten by a rerun of FOX’s Family Guy and the debut of Whodunnit? on ABC.

Though viewership is lower in the summer months, the peaock network could not be happy with these numbers. The later weeks saw them get even worse. Over the course of the season, Crossing Lines has fallen as low as a 0.5 demo rating and 2.51 million viewers.

If NBC were producing the Crossing Lines, there’d be no way that they would make a second season. There’s just not enough ad money to pay for the production.

Thankfully for fans, NBC doesn’t produce the show. Crossing Lines was jointly commissioned by TF1 in France and by Sony for their AXN channels.

NBC merely licenses the series so it costs them much less. Based on the ratings, it’s still extremely unlikely that the peacock network will air a second season.

However, there’s hope that another season will be produced by Sony and TF1. If that happens, another US channel could pick it up or, at the very least, episodes could be released on DVD. We’ll post any updates as they become available.

But, what do you think? Would you like to see a second season of Crossing Lines or should it be cancelled instead? Why didn’t more people watch? If NBC doesn’t want season two, which channel would be a better fit?

Canceled and renewed TV show

dq style April 5, 2015 at 1:22 pm

LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!! One of the best if not the best on TV. I NEVER heard of it until I saw it on Netflix! It was poorly promoted….Bring it back, we need more shows like this.

TheMom March 5, 2015 at 1:47 am
Judy March 4, 2015 at 10:19 pm

I think it’s crap that you have canceled this show! My husband and I just finished watching this show on Netflix. Never heard of this show until now. We watched every night, one after the other, until we couldn’t hold our eyes open. Only to find out that we are stuck with a clif hanger, with no end. Please put it back on.

Dianne Cowan February 17, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Love the show! More seasons please.

Leslie Center February 7, 2015 at 5:39 pm

I didn’t even know about the show until I found it on netflix. They say adding more money to publisize this entertaining show can’t happen, they should have done this in the first place. I’m not one of the thousands of IDIOTS who watch reality TV or the ridiculous comedy shows. This show is intelligent, well written, a superbly acted thriller. No wonder the show was not renewed. Foolish if you do not bring this show back to those of us who have a curious smart “working” brain.

rick February 6, 2015 at 8:36 pm

It will be a shame if somebody doesn’t pick up the show for a third season.

RBSTN33 February 5, 2015 at 10:18 am

Hello!

I’ve started the petition “NBC: Start showing the second season of “Crossing Lines” on American TV plus add more seasons.” and need your help to get it off the ground.

Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here’s the link:

Here’s why it’s important:

First of all it’s not the public’s fault that NBC didn’t properly publicize this amazing program. Unfortunately, it has been cancelled by NBC here in the States but is still being shown in Europe, it has a growing & dedicated fanbase who will not let it go without a fight. I am certain that it can be a huge hit here in the States given another opportunity. So help renew Crossing Lines and give the world of TV a most welcome, refreshing and thought provoking gift!!!

CROSSING LINES SEASON 2 – OFFICIAL TRAILER https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&v=UC4I6Lky7ug&x-yt-ts=1422579428

You can sign my petition by clicking here.

Thanks!

admin February 5, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Season two is on Netflix.

Very Big Fan February 3, 2015 at 5:12 am

Loved Series 1 & 2. Can’t wait for 3. Watched it on Netflix. Actors were great. A Bernero fan.

A Fan February 2, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Love this show. Watching it on Netflix. I’m anxious to see Season 3.

TheMom February 2, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Absolutely hope they do a season 3. It’s gutsy, and the international basis of the show makes it a unique and fresh program. This show gets better with every episode. If NBC doesn’t pick it back up, it will be a mistake, but I’m sure someone will…we hope!

Anonymous January 31, 2015 at 2:55 pm

I just found this incredible show I hope we do have a season 3 I’ll be so disappointed been watching it on netflix and I don’t know hi miss thisincredible show I hope we do have a season 3 I’ll be so disappointed been watching it on netflix and I don’t know hi miss this!!
I hope it is renewed I don’t want to leave me hanging. Love this show! !!