Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Alice August 30, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I loved it and hope NBC or someone else airs it.

Textumbleweed August 30, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Was so happy to stable across this at the beginning of the series. It was great and like others have mentioned a definite breath of fresh air. Not just from reality TV (blech!!) but new locations and a true international cast as well!!!
I think this show would be perfect on TNT. Or USA (especially since its owned by NBC). Nice replacement for the outgoing burn notice.
Thanks NBC for at least one great broadcasted series. I’ll find a way for sure for the next one.

Don Anthes August 30, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I enjoyed the show, and will watch it where ever it is shown, even if I have to wait a season to watch it on Netflix. Maybe Netflix should pick it up and we can watch with out those pesky 5 minute interruptions. NBC probably won’t want to pick up the 2nd season unless it is dumbed down.

PJ August 30, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Love the Show! DON’T CANCEL!!!!!!! One of FEW intelligent shows on TV!

Hannah August 30, 2013 at 11:12 am

I really enjoy the show. I LOVE the cast too! I’ll watch it wherever it goes. Unless its a web series or Netflix thing. Country living means no live streaming. I look for NBC to do their usual. Cancel it. So sick of my shows getting cancelled. Best wishes to all!

Charlie Morris August 30, 2013 at 10:57 am

I agree … I’ll watch it any way I can. I really enjoyed it. It’s a shame, so many ‘intelligent’ shows that require a little thought get cancelled, and then the thoughtless garbage, like Big Brother, 16 & Prego, Honey Boo Boo – all seem to do well…. really speaks volumes for the viewing public!!

sheila August 31, 2013 at 8:57 am

well said

Anonymous August 31, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I agree. I hate the reality shows and all the stupid stuff. Goes to show what kind of people we have watching those stupid shows. We need more shows like Crossing Lines on TV for us “intelligent” people to watch.

Becky Suslovic August 30, 2013 at 10:42 am

I really enjoyed the show, loved the story lines and the characters. Hope that if NBC doesn’t pick it up that TNT or USA will, it’s a great show worth of another few seasons. Loved it being in the summer as it was a breath of fresh air over all the re-runs that summer TV brings.

medicinewoman August 30, 2013 at 10:23 am

I would watch Crossing Lines if it were shown on any TV channel.

emaegf August 30, 2013 at 2:21 am

I love this show as well. Hope NBC will run the second season but if not I have another option with CBC running it. I live close to the Canadian-US border and my local cable company carries CBC.
Luckier then most I know.

Anonymous August 30, 2013 at 1:23 am

I’ll watch it any way I can. I really enjoyed it.

Elizabeth August 29, 2013 at 11:55 pm

I loved this show I’d be so sad if S2 was not aired in the USA!

Judy converse August 29, 2013 at 8:29 pm

A little disappointed that NBC would even consider canceling the first intelligent show on TV in ages. We are surrounded by ridulous talk shows, honey boo, boo, etc. I know the plan is to dumb down the USA but must you help?

Karen Roberts August 29, 2013 at 7:55 pm

This is a clever engrossing drama that should be renewed. It would be a perfect TNT show where drama is still valued, rather than nite time soaps or reality (really?) TV.

Cinnamon Huie August 29, 2013 at 6:55 pm

I watched it and loved it. Made me homesick for Europe where I spent a lot of both my childhood and my adult life. I’d watch it if it were moved to a cable network like USA. I mostly watch cable networks already.

Elaine Gruber August 29, 2013 at 6:39 pm

My husband and I enjoyed watching Crossing Lines and look forward to another season. Whether on NBC or a cable channel like USA, we would definitely watch (record) it.

jeanette March 31, 2014 at 1:40 am

You MUST bring Crossing Lines back!! The only reason ratings were low was lack of promotion. Promote the show and “they will come”!!!