Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Canceled and renewed TV show

847 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. colleen says

Love this show…please pick it up for second season and beyond. Probablt too sophisticated for the US but one can hope.

2. Mary says

I will watch Crossing Lines wherever it is aired. I found it to be very sophisticated and intriguing. Please air the 2nd season!

3. Shauna Russ says

I will watch Crossing Lines where ever it plays so please broadcast season 2 and hopefully, several more seasons if they are anything like season 1. That was such a refreshing and entertaining series without resorting to ignorant, immature jokes, bad language, sexual scenes and near nudity. It was great to see good police work done by intelligent characters with well thought out story lines and all of that with excellent actors and crew. I am really looking forward to Season 2 and it seems that it should be completed by now so, how about – on with the show?

4. Gina says

I watched this show when it first aired and loved it!! I really hope NBC airs it, whether on NBC or an affiliate.

5. Barbara Walters says

I sincerely hope NBC keeps this show for a second season. It is definitely a cut above any other show on TV….I love it for its sophistication and European flair.

6. Becky says

I will TOTALLY watch it wherever it airs! I agree, that if NBC had done a better job of promoting it, more people would’ve watched it…I only learned about it today, AFTER the 1st season, when looking at IMDB to see what William Fichtner (my all-time favorite actor!!) is doing these days. I’ve bought the first season from Amazon, & will watch all the episodes. Up to now, have only watched the bits & pieces from the website. PLEASE bring it back, & PLEASE make it known when it’ll be on!!

• Carole Syzdek says

William Fichtner – my favorite actor, too!!! As a Christmas gift, I asked my husband to consider purchasing the entire season and final episode of PRISON BREAK for me and he did. I am currently viewing and loving it all over again, especially now that I own the DVDs.

7. MS says

It IS a great show….great plot, captivating and good cast. Summer shows are sometimes vulnerable more people on vacations or the network bounces around time slots and you lose track of when it airs. Give it at least a second season on any channel.

8. C. Stevens says

This is a very sophisticated production.
    It had interesting plots and wonderful locations.
    Finally a production of quality. If NBC had promoted it better
    We wouldn’t be having this discussion. I will watch either on Network or
    Cable. Just bring it back in 2014.

• Carole Syzdek says

I’ll ask again, “Please don’t cancel Crossing Lines” and, I, too, will watch it on any channel. Apparently, there are other loyal fans like myself; thank you!!!

9. says

I do not want the series Crossing Lines Cancelled from TV. And yes, I will continue to watch it on whatever network I can and USA would be great. It is so refreshing from the so many reality crap shows that are popping up.

10. Erica Brown says

Crossing Lines, The Blacklist as well as Iron Side was some of your better shows, can’t believe that you are thinking about canceling and have cancel the shows at least they made since and didn’t have all the vulgarity that most shows have now and people are force to watch if they desire to watch TV. Please return these show so that we the consumers can have deceit shows to watch.
    A Loyal Fan.