Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Canceled and renewed TV show

838 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Robert says

Well, I guess it’s pretty much been said but I am happy to hear there will be a second season. This is actually a thinking persons kind of programming and the cast is excellent no to mention the writing. Why is it that “great” programming is either on the line or cancelled while moronic programming gets the “okay”? Do they pay tv execs with lollypops or something? Apparently these people score low in the IQ point division. It’s just crazy what stays and what gos. I am looking forward to the new season with great anticipation!!!

2. says

I actually don’t care if NBC picks up Crossing Lines. I think it would be much better is it was on USA or any other cable network station. That way we don’t have to worry about it getting cancelled for some stupid re-run, or another idiot reality show. Its really to bad that these networks don’t have the balls to put anything with substance on TV. Instead you cater to the weak minded fools that have the IQ of 10 year old. It must be nice to to have no job and no life, and get to watch TV all day and night. So let’s just put stupid shows on TV that only the feeble minded can comprehend. Its really no wonder that all the good television is now on the pay networks and FX. To be honest I rarely watch the 3 major networks anymore (ABC, NBC, CBS). I have no confidence or trust that a show won’t get axed after 2 or 3 episodes. Its really not worth it to get drawn in only to have the show pulled or cancelled. It’s really great that this NEVER happens with HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, or STARZ. They also put out much better shows. No reality crap here. In addition, the cable networks like FX, USA, and TNT put out much better shows these days too. Plus you get a 2nd and a 3rd chance to see them if you miss an episode. I hope the rest of you guys stand with me and tell the other 3 networks that we don’t need them anymore, at all!!! I made a vow that last time my heart was ripped out when you cancelled on of my shows, with actually decent numbers, but then I caved to watch The Assets, and what happened, you pulled it after 2 episodes. Go figure!! Well never again!!! I say let USA have Crossing Lines. Its to good of a show to trust it in the hands of the jokers at NBC. You clowns should just stick the crap you like to pretend is good TV. News flash, you are all idiots, and don’t deserve to run a network.

• Scarlett says

Well… I think Adam has pretty much said it all here. No argument; with few exceptions, cable stations DO produce better shows, without pandering to low-IQ viewers, without cancelling them 2 episodes in, without pre-empting them all the time, and offering multiple airings. Crossing Lines is one of those exceptions, and NBC would do well to make the investment. Come on, NBC! For once, prove you’re not terminally stupid.

3. Jim Gage says

Really hope NBC picks up the show, but I’ll watch it wherever. Great plot and cast, plus the European backdrop adds an original feel for a crime drama. Bring it back!

4. sandi says

I agree so many uninteresting poor quality Tv series on todays netwworks. Anything outside of the reality trash is always cancelled ! Maybe people don’t get it that a series taking place in another country with accents and diversity is broadaning your horizons. Keep this series in the USA please.

5. Colleen says

I really enjoyed the 2013 series Crossing Lines. My two favorite shows last year were Crossing Lines and Blacklist. I am really looking forward to the 2014 season. Did they do a survey of age 50 and above? I hope the 2014 series of Crossing Lines finds it’s way back to the United States. NBC I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

6. June says

I really like the show Crossing Lines. The cast is interesting and the plots differ from the run of the mill….Bring it back for season 2. I have mentioned it to many of my friends who are looking forward to it

7. melissa dean says

Good show. Interesting characters and gripping plot. Definitely keep it going. And I agree that many of the great shows are being cancelled and replaced by idiocy (Duck Dynasty and anything Kardashian!!) ), zombies, gratuitous violence and mindless reality shows. Very frustrating.

8. Bruce says

Excellent writing, great location filming, wonderful ensemble cast = must watch – no matter where it ends up in the TV lineup.

9. Anonymous says

Since it is not trash, NBC will probably not renew it. I missed it this summer because NBC did not promote it; I found it on Netflix. I will watch it on any channel. Terry

10. Brian says

I’ll watch Crossing Lines regardless of the channel. All of the other NBC shows that I watch have either ended or been cancelled